Dr. David Brokaw, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. David Brokaw, MD
Dr. Brokaw, a native of Indiana, graduated in 1982 from Indiana University (Bloomington) and the Indiana University School of Medicine in 1987. He completed a residency in orthopedic surgery at the Indiana University School of Medicine in 1992. While a chief resident, Dr. Brokaw received the Outstanding Senior Resident Research Award. His fellowship in orthopedic trauma was at the prestigious Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, Washington from 1993 to 1994. He has been an attending orthopedic traumatologist with OrthoIndy for over two decades. Dr. Brokaw was a faculty attending for the OrthoIndy Trauma Fellowship Program from 1992 to 2009. His practice focuses on the management of acute and chronic orthopedic trauma of the lower and upper extremities. He has extensive experience in foot and ankle reconstruction, most often trauma. He also focuses on non-unions degenerative arthritis; often foot and ankle talus, osteomyelitis and traumatic amputations.

Dr. Brokaw's Experience

See how Dr. Brokaw's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brokaw

Dr. Brokaw accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Brokaw is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Brokaw has admitting privileges.

Dr. Brokaw's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brokaw to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Brokaw's Performance
Ladoga, IN |
initial visit with Dr Brokaw s for injury to toes, Dr said no broken toes but said I had stress fracture, I told Dr my toes hurt, swallow, and felt like I was walking on pebble, he said toes weren't broken and seemed upset I couldn't recall incident indicating stress fracture, he put me in boot for stress fracture, I sought 2nd opinion , podiatrist sees no signs of stress fracture and treating me for broken toe and Morton's neuroma
Our patient's experience is our top priority. Please email support at orthoindy dot com to discuss further. Thank you.
in Indianapolis IN |
I fell in December 2015 and suffered a fracture of the bones in the middle of my right foot. I am not an easy case because I have diabetes and RA. I went to Dr. Brokaw for a second opinion after 2 surgeries. My foot was not healing and I still had significant pain plus a mass of bone about the size of a golf ball on the inside of my foot. Dr. Brokaw performed reconstruction surgery with a bone graph. The foot is still not healing but I have complete trust in him. I trust his experience and skill
Thank you for the review, Joy. Our patient's experience is our top priority.
in Indianapolis, IN |
Dr Brokaw has followed me since 2010. I shattered my tibia plateau while on vacation in FL. Came home and FINALLY connected with him! ( the delay was in finding the right dr). He has seen me through a TKR and then a femur fx and repair. Nobody better!!
in Salinas, CA |
I was involved in an auto collision back in 1996. I was lifelined to Methodist Hospital to their Trauma Department . My injuries were traumatic and thanks to his God given talent as a surgeon I survived and am able to walk despite all the odds against me.
in Portage, IN |
He is wonderful. I had to go to him for a workmans comp issue. He fixed it and I haven't had a problem since. My husband went to him with his knee and surgery has fixed it. I am now going back to him for an issue with my knee. I travel from Northern Indiana to Indianapolis to see him that is how much I trust him.
in Lowell, IN |
I am a workman's comp case. Have been on workman's comp since 7/1/2013. He was my 6th orthopedic doctor since my accident. He said I am going to have to trust him. I told him I don't trust anyone but God. He seemed upset by my answer I told him I thought I needed a rod put in my fibula to straighten it. He said you can't rod a fibula. I told him I saw on the internet you can. He then said my bone wasn't bad enough to have it done. No trust at all after that.
Have you seen Dr. David Brokaw, MD?

Compare Dr. Brokaw

Dr. Brokaw says...

Dr. Brokaw's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Dr. Brokaw has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Brokaw's Board Certifications

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Heel Spur
  • Joint Reconstruction Recovery
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Musculoskeletal Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Orthopedic Trauma

Harborview Medical Center

Completed in 1994

Indiana University / School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Brokaw does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brokaw and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ankle Arthroscopy