Dr. David Brendel, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 54

Dr. Brendel

Belmont Counseling Associates

26 Trapelo Rd Belmont, MA 02478

Dr. David Brendel, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Belmont, MA and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Harvard Medical School medical school in 1997. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Brendel to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Other (7/13/2017)View details
No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Brendel's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Brendel's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Medication Management
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Brendel accepts

Dr. Brendel accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth
GHI

Dr. Brendel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Brendel

Dr. Brendel?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (38)
  • Listened & answered questions (38)
  • Office environment (38)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (2)
I had already gone through a number of psychiatrists, all of them unsatisfactorily, before I met and started working with Dr. Brendel. That was 21 years ago! In all those years, I’ve never seen another psychiatrist. There was no need to, because he has helped me so much. Dr. Brendel is warm, caring, and insightful; he is truly a credit to his profession. My diagnosis is bipolar disorder, and through talking frankly with him, and careful experimentation with medications, he has helped to get it very much under control. And when there is a speed bump, through temporary adjustments to the meds, he has always helped me to get through it. And he always accommodates me ASAP, even when I don’t have a regularly scheduled appointment. I cannot possibly enough recommend Dr. Brendel to anyone seeking help.
Andrew Jantz – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I have seen Dr Brendel for over 10 years. He is always on time and always gets me to where I need to be. One of the many things about Dr. Brendel I feel extremely grateful for is he is there for me 24/7. It does not matter why or when I need him he makes himself available in some way. I am so thankful to have Dr Brendel in my life. Just knowing he is there for me brings me comfort.
Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I came to Dr. Brendel when I had given up hope on my current treatment plan. He was able to understand where I was coming from and listen carefully to my concerns. From that moment on, he has been nothing short of a great doctor. I would highly recommend him to any of my family or friends.
Melissa Quint in Tewksbury, MA – Aug 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel is simply stated, awesome. He is a pleasure to work with as he is caring, responsive, thorough and genuine. You have the feeling that you are in the most capable of hands. He was the first doctor our son saw who wanted to review ALL of his records before commencing treatment because he wanted to thoroughly understand what had been done and prescribed already. He immediately recognized the medication and dosage were both wrong. It is not an exaggeration that he restored our son’s life
J&J in RI – Aug 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Welcoming, friendly, professional. He’s good; office is cozy too. Book an appointment, go see him.
Feb 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Brendel who has been treating and counseling me for anxiety. His attentive listening and years of experience combined to very quickly create a plan that worked efficiently and effectively and includes both a medical plan as well as coping strategies. My symptoms have significantly subsided and Dr. Brendel continues to provide me with guidance and encouragement.
Feb 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I've been working with Dr. Brendel for a few years now and my experience has been only positive. He is a doctor who actually listens to a patient, answers all of your questions, and doesn't give up in trying to help no matter how severe or treatment resistant condition you have. I've seen many psychiatrists in my life and finally met doctor I can trust and have respect for.
Ogunquit – Feb 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I came to Dr. Brendel during a period of crisis in my life. I have been seeing Dr. Brendel for almost three years now and he has made an instrumental impact in my life. I would highly recommend Dr. Brendel to my family an friends.
Jan 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel is a great Psychiatrist . He is interested in treating the condition, while making sure the focus is on stabilizing the patient, not just using medications like a "symptom whack-a-mole." Instead, Dr. David Brendel, encourages patients to learn about themselves and their condition. Keeps medication to a min. & he is interested in lowest effective dosing, and helping the patient get off of a medication, if needed! . Overall, very honest, very supportive, knowledgeable, and caring.
DW in Worcester, MA – Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I'd worked with several different providers before meeting with Dr. Brendel, and he was the only one who was able to get to the root causes of my depression, and provide the care I needed to get it under control. He worked with me for several months to find the right medication, and it's been working well for me ever since. Dr. Brendel is terrific, and I would recommend him to anyone seeking first class, highly effective psychiatric care.
Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel is exactly what you look for in a psychiatrist. Always willing to make himself available, whether it's a Monday morning or Saturday at 5 pm. You can tell he genuinely cares about your happiness and seeing progress, and it's why I've been going back for a year + now. Definitely recommend!
Andover – Jan 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Brendel for 4 years. He's absolutely fantastic. I find that I am a more successful person in my career and at home under his care. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking top quality psychiatric care. He's extremely knowledgeable, responsive, and truly cares about his patients.
UPTON – Jan 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Our experience with Dr. Brendel has been very rewarding. Our son was in need of an experienced practitioner and when I came across Dr. Brendel, honestly, it seemed too good to be true - he was exactly what I thought my son needed. I asked around to some other doctors in the same field and he came very highly recommended. We started working with him in the fall and never looked back since. He has adjusted medication and mentored my son through a number of rough spots - everything is going well!
Franklin, MA – Dec 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Brendel for almost 3 years and what a difference it has made in my life. For someone who was hesitant at first about seeking out psychiatric services, I am very glad I decided to schedule an appointment with him. He is very prompt at responding to any of my emails, works with you on scheduling conflicts and timing for appointments and is always on time!
Waltham, MA – Dec 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
On-time, peaceful, knowledgeable & thorough. He was open-minded about my diagnosis, instead of just jumping to conclusions.
Middleboro, MA – Nov 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel is knowledgable, practical and kind. He takes time to listen and provides recommendations for complementary therapies, in addition to medications. I highly recommend him.
Watertown – Oct 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel is hands down the best doctor. He listens an truly cares about you as a patient. He goes above an beyond to be there for his patients. If you email him for an appointment he books you in right away no waiting. I highly recommend him. Mental health help is scarce but Dr. Brendel is always there. I'm so thankful that I found him. In my opinion you can't get better care, there is only one Dr. Brendel. If you are depressed an anxious an have no where to go, please contact him.
Debbie in Marlborough, MA – Oct 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel is a great Psychiatrist, I am very happy that I made the decision to meet with him 6 months ago. I went to see him regarding some anxiety issues I was experiencing. He is very easy to talk to, and he listens to what I have to say. He is very knowledgeable in this field, and he quickly diagnosed me and set me up on a treatment plan that has worked great over the last 6 months. I am now sleeping much better, and my anxiety has decreases substantially, I highly recommend Dr Brendel.
Andrew in Wilmington – Oct 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel has helped me and my family through a very difficult situation over the past 2+ years. He has been very diligent in making sure I am taking the best medications and has adjusted them accordingly as life has returned to normal. I highly recommend Dr. Brendel.
Newton, MA – Oct 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Before meeting with Dr. Brendel my work performance and home stress was reaching a breaking point... I could not figure out whatelse I could change. So I went online and did some research. That’s when I discovered Dr. Brendel. From the first appointment we were able to tackle my problems and I have never been happier. Work and home life are a complete 180 since meeting Dr. Brendel. I highly recommend anyone to him.
Pelham, NH – Oct 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Brendel?

My practice welcomes adults with depression, mood swings, anxiety, relationship issues, attention deficits, sleep problems, disordered eating, and substance...Read more

• Psychiatry