Dr. David Brendel, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 52

Dr. Brendel

David Brendel, MD, PhD

26 Trapelo Rd Ste 3 Belmont, MA 02478

Dr. David Brendel, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Belmont, MA and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1997 and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Brendel accepts

Dr. Brendel accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth
GHI

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Other (7/13/2017)View details
No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Brendel's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Brendel's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Medication Management
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

My practice welcomes adults with depression, mood swings, anxiety, relationship issues, attention deficits, sleep problems, disordered eating, and substance abuse. If you choose to work with me, I will conduct a thorough evaluation, establish a diagn...

• Psychiatry

Dr. Brendel?
Dr. Brendel's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Brendel, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I came to Dr. Brendel when I had given up hope on my current treatment plan. He was able to understand where I was coming from and listen carefully to my concerns. From that moment on, he has been nothing short of a great doctor. I would highly recommend him to any of my family or friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel is simply stated, awesome. He is a pleasure to work with as he is caring, responsive, thorough and genuine. You have the feeling that you are in the most capable of hands. He was the first doctor our son saw who wanted to review ALL of his records before commencing treatment because he wanted to thoroughly understand what had been done and prescribed already. He immediately recognized the medication and dosage were both wrong. It is not an exaggeration that he restored our son’s life
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Welcoming, friendly, professional. He’s good; office is cozy too. Book an appointment, go see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Brendel who has been treating and counseling me for anxiety. His attentive listening and years of experience combined to very quickly create a plan that worked efficiently and effectively and includes both a medical plan as well as coping strategies. My symptoms have significantly subsided and Dr. Brendel continues to provide me with guidance and encouragement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I've been working with Dr. Brendel for a few years now and my experience has been only positive. He is a doctor who actually listens to a patient, answers all of your questions, and doesn't give up in trying to help no matter how severe or treatment resistant condition you have. I've seen many psychiatrists in my life and finally met doctor I can trust and have respect for.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I came to Dr. Brendel during a period of crisis in my life. I have been seeing Dr. Brendel for almost three years now and he has made an instrumental impact in my life. I would highly recommend Dr. Brendel to my family an friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel is a great Psychiatrist . He is interested in treating the condition, while making sure the focus is on stabilizing the patient, not just using medications like a "symptom whack-a-mole." Instead, Dr. David Brendel, encourages patients to learn about themselves and their condition. Keeps medication to a min. & he is interested in lowest effective dosing, and helping the patient get off of a medication, if needed! . Overall, very honest, very supportive, knowledgeable, and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I'd worked with several different providers before meeting with Dr. Brendel, and he was the only one who was able to get to the root causes of my depression, and provide the care I needed to get it under control. He worked with me for several months to find the right medication, and it's been working well for me ever since. Dr. Brendel is terrific, and I would recommend him to anyone seeking first class, highly effective psychiatric care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel is exactly what you look for in a psychiatrist. Always willing to make himself available, whether it's a Monday morning or Saturday at 5 pm. You can tell he genuinely cares about your happiness and seeing progress, and it's why I've been going back for a year + now. Definitely recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Brendel for 4 years. He's absolutely fantastic. I find that I am a more successful person in my career and at home under his care. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking top quality psychiatric care. He's extremely knowledgeable, responsive, and truly cares about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Our experience with Dr. Brendel has been very rewarding. Our son was in need of an experienced practitioner and when I came across Dr. Brendel, honestly, it seemed too good to be true - he was exactly what I thought my son needed. I asked around to some other doctors in the same field and he came very highly recommended. We started working with him in the fall and never looked back since. He has adjusted medication and mentored my son through a number of rough spots - everything is going well!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Brendel for almost 3 years and what a difference it has made in my life. For someone who was hesitant at first about seeking out psychiatric services, I am very glad I decided to schedule an appointment with him. He is very prompt at responding to any of my emails, works with you on scheduling conflicts and timing for appointments and is always on time!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
On-time, peaceful, knowledgeable & thorough. He was open-minded about my diagnosis, instead of just jumping to conclusions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel is knowledgable, practical and kind. He takes time to listen and provides recommendations for complementary therapies, in addition to medications. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel is hands down the best doctor. He listens an truly cares about you as a patient. He goes above an beyond to be there for his patients. If you email him for an appointment he books you in right away no waiting. I highly recommend him. Mental health help is scarce but Dr. Brendel is always there. I'm so thankful that I found him. In my opinion you can't get better care, there is only one Dr. Brendel. If you are depressed an anxious an have no where to go, please contact him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel is a great Psychiatrist, I am very happy that I made the decision to meet with him 6 months ago. I went to see him regarding some anxiety issues I was experiencing. He is very easy to talk to, and he listens to what I have to say. He is very knowledgeable in this field, and he quickly diagnosed me and set me up on a treatment plan that has worked great over the last 6 months. I am now sleeping much better, and my anxiety has decreases substantially, I highly recommend Dr Brendel.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel has helped me and my family through a very difficult situation over the past 2+ years. He has been very diligent in making sure I am taking the best medications and has adjusted them accordingly as life has returned to normal. I highly recommend Dr. Brendel.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Before meeting with Dr. Brendel my work performance and home stress was reaching a breaking point... I could not figure out whatelse I could change. So I went online and did some research. That’s when I discovered Dr. Brendel. From the first appointment we were able to tackle my problems and I have never been happier. Work and home life are a complete 180 since meeting Dr. Brendel. I highly recommend anyone to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel always makes himself available when needed and is efficient and courteous. He provides great care and has helped me excel through difficult situations. He is highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Brendel, MD?
Dr. Brendel has saved my life. I have a serious mental illness along with anxiety issues and with my illness in the past with other doctors I had been in an out of hospitals not able to work. With Dr. Brendel my life has changed for the betterI have been stable on medications. With my illness sometimes adjustments need to be made and he is always there and available to help. Now I have been able to hold a job for 2 years, the 2 years since I have been seeing him and will continue to see him.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Brendel?