Dr. David D. Bot, MD

Dr. David D. Bot, MD

Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry | Male | 62 years old

Primary therapeutic approach is cognitive behavioral and supportive treatment. Work collaboratively with patients in their treatment, medication management and psychotherapy. Support the patient being informed and making decisions regarding their care.Read more

Dr. Bot's Experience

See how Dr. Bot's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bot

Dr. Bot accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Bot has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Bot's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (21)
Dr. Bot Says:

Spokane, WA |
I don't reccomend him to anyone that needs someone that is sensitive. I was not impressed at all with his compassion with someone that needs help. And that is saying it kindly. The last conversation I had with him he said " I don't need to take your abuse." And that is absolutely not the type of person I am. Just a person that needs help with post partum.
in Spokane,Spokane WA |
My experience with Dr. Bot has been extremely good. He cares about what is going on in my life. He is always on time. He gives me his full attention and he includes me in decisions in my treatment. I have been under his care now for several years. If it weren't for Dr. Bot, I wouldn't be here today. He is the best! Thank you Dr. Bot for everything you have done and do for me. ~Patty~
in Spokane, WA |
Dr. Bot has been my care provider for a couple of years now. From my experience, he uses a medical forensic approach that is able to provide the gap between qualitative values and convert them to a quantitative form. In doing so he's been able to specifically diagnose, for me, what would be the best treatment given the results. Follow up visits are required to maintain/supervise progress and see where adjustments need to be made. Thank you Dr. Bot!
in Liberty Lake, WA |
Good solid doctor. I read an earlier evaluation that said the person did not like Dr Bot because he did not allow extra xanax during a hard time. I'm not sure why that would be because when I was going through a particularly difficult time (a death, school work) I found the opposite to be true. It is true that Dr. Bot is very concerned about the use or potential overuse of medications like xanax. It is really addicting. I have been on and I understand his caution. I appreciate his concern.
in Spokane, WA |
I have recommended both family and friends to Dr. Bot.
in E. 1527 Olympic Spokane WA |
Dr. Bot is great doctor and I would highly recommend him to friends, family etc.... Dr. Bot is patient, caring, and extremely knowledgable. He returns my calls and when in an tough time. He has worked me in. He is most kind. Thank you Dr. Bot
in Spokane, WA |
A bit impersonal and emotionally not so present. When things got tough with my anxiety due to a number of big life challenges & changes, he was very unhelpful, even rude, refusing to temporarily up my dosage slightly or even really listen to my struggles. He seemed much more concerned w/ his reputation & standing about the Xanax, than me. I get that dr has to be very careful w/ Xanax, but as a patient, I felt dismissed and even chastised for even requesting the help. Not there when needed most!
Have you seen Dr. David D. Bot, MD?
Are you Dr. Bot?

Compare Dr. Bot

Dr. Bot's Care Philosophy

Primary therapeutic approach is cognitive behavioral and supportive treatment.   Work collaboratively with patients in their treatment, medication management and psychotherapy.  Support the patient being informed and making decisions regarding their care.

Dr. Bot says...

Dr Bot has practiced medicine for over 30 years.  His received medical training at NDSU (as well as summer training at Harvard and Temple University) and completed residency and internship at University of Arizona Medical Center. His specialty is adolescent and adult psychiatry.  He is board certified in Psychiatry and Neurology. In 1999, Dr. Bot completed law school at Gonzaga University School of Law and subsequently became board certified in Forensic Psychiatry.  He opted not to renew his board certification for Forensic Psychiatry when it expired, but maintains his board certification in Psychiatry and Neurology.

Dr. Bot says...

We appreciate feedback from patients and their family.  While we strive for, and it is one of our primary goals to have 100% patient satisfaction, we recognize that there are times that we may fall short or it is simply not a "right fit" between provider and patient.  If there is a concern or dissatisfaction, it is our hope that you will place a call to our office and discuss this with the provider or our quality control operator, Melissa, at our main number.  We will utilize this feedback to improve future patient experiences or make any necessary changes in our practices.   We also ask that if there is a negative review that you consider all of the circumstances of the review.  For example, forensic work frequently angers someone and it is not uncommon for those who may be unhappy with a particular legal outcome to write a negative critique.  This rarely happens, but it has happened in the past.

Dr. Bot's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Dr. Bot has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bot's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Graduated in 1976

• Other Education
    Gonzaga University School Of Law

Completed in 1999

Dr. Bot does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bot and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry