Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. David Bortniker, MD
Dr. David Bortniker, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Somerville, NJ. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Bortniker is affiliated with RWJ University Hospital Somerset.

Somerville Office

• Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Bortniker

Dr. Bortniker's Experience

Dr. Bortniker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Labyrinthitis
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Dentoalveolar Lesion or Tumor
  • Frenectomy
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Montefiore Hospital Einstein
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Montefiore Hospital Einstein
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Beth Israel Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Bortniker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bortniker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bortniker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bortniker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bortniker to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Bortniker's Performance
Dr. Bortniker is the first doctor I've seen who was able to quickly assess and confirm my diagnosis, as well as explain in full detail for me to understand what is going on. I've suffered from constant, painful sinus infections over the years. I underwent sinus surgery, done by Dr. Bortnicker, not only can I breathe better but it was such a quick and perfect recovery! Also, any time I leave a message with his wonderful office staff, he gets back quickly! I definitely, 100% recommend him!
in Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Bortniker is amiable, knowledgeable, and professional. I specifically chose him based on what people wrote about him on this website, and I’m glad I did. I was having an issue with my inner ear, and after I told him the symptoms, he figured out exactly what the problem was and resolved it. I’m very grateful for his friendliness and expertise. His staff is perfectly fine. For those who are complaining, not everybody needs to dance at the mere sight of you.
Somerville , NJ |
I felt traumatized by his care. I needed my nose bleed cauterized have had the procedure before and was tortured by him shoving the instrument up my nose with no localized anesthesia. I would never recommend anyone go to him and after I recovered made it clear to his office staff.
in Plainfield, NJ |
Dr Borniker performed a septoplasty as well as a turbinectomy as well as a tonsillectomy. I can say nothing but good things about Dr. Bortniker and his staff. He made these 3 serious procedures a breeze and I was up and about only 3 days post surgery. Dr Bortniker also saved my fathers life In 2014 when he removed cancerous tumors from his tongue and throat. I am truly privelaged to have been able to receive my care from Dr Bortniker and his staff. I will be a lifelong patient!! Savino Carlucci
in Warren, NJ |
I have been going to Dr. Bortniker for over 10 years. During that period of time, he has proven to be a knowledgeable doctor who takes a no nonsense approach to his practice. He has taken care of everything from serious ear infections (that other doctors could not remedy) to doing a procedure to open up my sinus passageways. This procedure corrected a breathing issue and enabled me to breath more efficiently. I have taken family and friends to see Dr. Bortniker and I highly recommend him.
in HILLSBOROUGH |
Dr. Bortniker is wonderful. I had my sinus surgery done by him over 4 years ago and I have felt fantastic ever since. I have not had any sinus problems since my surgery. He explained everything in detail and has an excellent bedside manner. I highly recommend him.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
Dr. Bortniker preformed nasal surgery (deviated septum) on me, two weeks ago. The surgery went smoothly and fast, and most important was a success! Dr. Bortniker advised me after the surgery that there might be pain associated with the procedure. There was none, no pain just instant relief. Dr. Bortniker, Thank you very much for a very pleasant experience.
in Middlesex, NJ |
I have been one person who has had sinus problems for years. I have been to doctors to no avail only frustration until I found Doctor Bortniker in Somerville NJ he is so professional and caring he preformed an office procedure on my sinuses and I have not had any problems with my sinuses since I am so grateful to him, what is also great he has an Allergy Doctor right in his office thank you Dr. Bortniker !! Mary C
Berkeley Heights, NJ |
I would never use this doctor again. My daughter came in for tonsil stones and infections. The doctor gave us a choice to remove tonsils completely or get them shaved down. After doing our research we opted for complete removal to prevent the tonsils from growing back. We went back and he said he would only do shaving. We did it and now she has the same issue. He saw her and almost stabbed her in the throat examining her. This was a terrible experience. Now she has to get the surgery again.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
I thought the experience was great. Dr. Bortniker was great with explaining what was going on my child. Didn't wanted to talk about surgery until we knew we needed it 100%. He squeezed us in for a followup. Offer to speak after hours if I had any questions or concerns. I thought he was great with my 3.5 year old.
in Somerset, NJ |
Great experience, knowledgeable doctors who offer great care
in Bridgewater, NJ |
I was able to get an appointment right away. Filled out forms in advance because they have them online which was really convenient. When I arrived I was promptly greeted and there was almost no waiting at all. Dr. Bortniker was very pleasant and able to quickly assess the symptoms to isolate the problem. Then he was generous with explaining causes and treatment plan. It did not take long for me to feel better. I also received follow up care instructions to ensure I was progressing as expected.
in NJ |
Patient for about 10 years and find results great Had a balloon procedure 4 years ago for sinus issues and has worked out very weel
in Flemington, MO |
The office staff was courteous, polite and efficient - the physician - however, not so! I am truly disappointed in his overall deportment - consequently - I cancelled my next appointment.
Have you seen Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Are you Dr. Bortniker?

110 Rehill Ave
Somerville, NJ 08876

Orthopedic Surgery
Ear, Nose, and Throat
Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)