Dr. David Bortniker, MD

Dr. David Bortniker, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 66

Dr. David Bortniker, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Somerville, NJ. Dr. Bortniker has more experience with Otologic Conditions & Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bortniker to book an appointment.

Ear, Nose & Throat Care, P.C.

Ear, Nose & Throat Care, P.C.242 E Main St Somerville, NJ 08876

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

More Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset

Dr. Bortniker's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bortniker

4.0

4.477611940298507%

Dr. Bortniker?
  • Appointment scheduling (52)
  • Explained conditions well (48)
  • Listened & answered questions (48)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (13)
  • Appointment was rushed (12)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (12)
Had my first appointment here recently. The doctor seemed competent and knowledgeable, but I was appalled at the lack of proper COVID precautions at this office. They have signs up saying that everyone has to wear a mask, but none of the office staff seemed to be wearing one. The receptionist only put one on when I walked up to the counter, then she pulled it off when I sat down. I had to ask the audiologist to pull hers up when I went into her small, windowless room, and then she kept taking it down to talk to me. Even the doctor said only one of us had to have a mask on at a time (???). If the cashiers at ShopRite can keep their masks on for a full shift, I'm not sure why healthcare professionals can't manage it. I won't be returning, will find a practice that takes my health more seriously.
JB – Oct 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Struggling with "weird asthma", tight chest, semi-lump in throat - since Feb - on and off - several days a week. Normal asthma meds, all types of inhalers, antibiotics - nothing solved it. Decided to see a specialist - glad i did! Dr Bortniker diagnosed me with something i would have never thought of - laryngeal dyskinesia. I'm proudly a text book case. Often called pseudo-asthma, many women have been ignored, treated wrong, or made to think they are going crazy due to this! FINALLY after 8-9 months of unable to relieve this, week after week of not feeling right, i received a diagnosis that was on the money, and after 1-2 weeks on meds, much better but still working on the 100%. So glad i was sent to Dr B.
Donna L Faletto-Lorincz – Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Bortniker's for many years and highly recommend him. He has provided me with excellent care for numerous conditions. He is competent as well as friendly. His office staff are kind and helpful as well.
Christine Carver – Oct 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
One word to describe this Dr David Bortniker, GREED, hope he put patient safety ahead of money. This is one doctor we do not need in this world.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
BillB – Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Dr. Bortniker did my deviated septum surgery Nov of 2019. I was suffering from chronic sinus infections. Since the surgery I have felt great and can smell better and sleep better!!! Staff is super friendly as well!!!
John Burns – Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
He was able to diagnose an ongoing issue may MDs had overlooked. Not long after I explained my symptoms did I have a diagnosis - I was impressed. I am not easily impressed I must tell you. He is through. He takes the time to explain, educate, and address any concerns. His staff is friendly.
Nov 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Dr. Bortnicker is warm and friendly as well as very knowledgeable. I went to him with persistent headaches and jaw pain and he totally understood what I was explaining and recommended a medication that has been working pretty well. He also recommended that I see Dr. Druce, the allergist located in the same office to make sure there was nothing else contributing to my headaches. Dr. Druce was very nice and made the testing easy and painless! The office staff is also warm and friendly and there is minimal or no wait time at all. I highly recommend Dr. Bortnicker and Dr. Druce!
Kim in Manville, NJ – Jun 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Had bad nose bleed. After hospital emergency room visits, Dr. Bortniker tried to control it. After 3 weeks and more emergency room visits and several more visits to Dr. Bortniker, the problem was only solved when Dr Bortniker went on vacation and recommended another ENT who solved the problem immediately.
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Excellent! I had a new treatment done in March 2019 - ClariFix, for chronic rhinitus. It was recommended by Dr. Bortniker last time I had an office visit for my runny nose, allergies, and the like. What a difference.....the ClariFix treatment really works. If you are suffering from chronic nasal congestion, I highly recommend ClariFix. It is a 'prescription' treatment done in the office, with very little down time.
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
A few years ago I had a severe dry/sore throat and could not find relief. The moment I described my symptoms Dr Bortniker knew exactly what was causing my pain. My salivary glands stopped producing saliva. Dr Bortniker prescribed medication for acid reflux, nerve damage and one to produce saliva, with great results. Dr Bortnicker left quite an impression. When I needed surgery for a deviated septum and collapsed nasal wall recently. Dr Bortnicker was my first and only choice. I can breathe so mu
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
After many failed attempts with different doctors to explain why I had vertigo, Dr. Bortniker discovered that I actually had “cochlear migraine “ which was causing the vertigo. I am now on proper medication (no side affects) and have not had any episodes of vertigo since. Thank you, Dr. Bortniker!
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Dr Bortniker suggested a Clarifix procedure for my constant post nasal drip. The procedure was done in his office in about 10 min. or so with little or no side effects. Results are terrific . I have no more drip and Im not constantly clearing my throat...I feel great and would recommend this new in office procedure to all that have a nagging post nasal drip. My 3 mo follow-up was a snap and I could not be happier. Cant believe I suffered with this condition for over 40 Yrs Thanx Dr B!
Joe Nicholson in Somerset, NJ – Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Dr. Bortniker is an extremely knowledgeable forward thinking Dr who gave us a great alternative to a traditional tonsillectomy for both my 19 year old daughter and 13 year old son. After years of suffering with chronic sore throats we went to Dr. Bortniker who suggested she have a partial tonsillectomy vs. a full because of the reduced risk of bleeding and expedited recovery time. She was back to her old self in no time and her 13 year old brother had the same surgery with great results!!
Peg Donnelly in Hillsborough, NJ – Nov 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Diagnosis a clogged salivary duct quickly and resolved it quickly. Has diagnosed unusual migraine issues and also vocal chord dyskinesia and has me on the road to recovery1
Maxine E in NJ – Sep 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Dr. Bortniker quickly diagnosed and treated my chronic cough and I am very relieved and delighted.
Sep 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Dr. Bortniker is a phenomenal ENT specialist! I had an irritating tonsil situation, and he not only took my appointment immediately, but performed my procedure the following week. My problem was solved with the latest technology by a kind, professional, and knowledgeable doctor. He is always prompt and his staff is warm and friendly. This was my second procedure with Dr. Bortniker and I will never go elsewhere! I am so thrilled to have him as my specialist!!!
Elizabeth Romano in Somerville, NJ – Aug 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
After 20 years of migraines with limited relief from various doctors & perscriptions, I showed up in Dr. Bortniker’s office (my toddler’s surgeon for ear tubes) with a 3 month old daily issue of pain in my face (my self diagnosis said sinus issue). Dr. Bortniker asked a dozen questions and said he thought it was related to my migraines and prescribed me nortriptyline. I left discouraged with another prescription, but within a week nose stopped running, face pain gone & more...IBS & joints...
PH in Bridgewater, NJ – Mar 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Dr. Bortniker is the first doctor I've seen who was able to quickly assess and confirm my diagnosis, as well as explain in full detail for me to understand what is going on. I've suffered from constant, painful sinus infections over the years. I underwent sinus surgery, done by Dr. Bortnicker, not only can I breathe better but it was such a quick and perfect recovery! Also, any time I leave a message with his wonderful office staff, he gets back quickly! I definitely, 100% recommend him!
Keri McDonald – Sep 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
Dr. Bortniker is amiable, knowledgeable, and professional. I specifically chose him based on what people wrote about him on this website, and I’m glad I did. I was having an issue with my inner ear, and after I told him the symptoms, he figured out exactly what the problem was and resolved it. I’m very grateful for his friendliness and expertise. His staff is perfectly fine. For those who are complaining, not everybody needs to dance at the mere sight of you.
Larry in Princeton, NJ – Aug 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?
I felt traumatized by his care. I needed my nose bleed cauterized have had the procedure before and was tortured by him shoving the instrument up my nose with no localized anesthesia. I would never recommend anyone go to him and after I recovered made it clear to his office staff.
Somerville , NJ – May 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bortniker, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bortniker?

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Frequently Treated by Dr. Bortniker

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Bortniker treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Bortniker treats other conditions, please contact the office at (908) 704-9696.

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Bortniker is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

• Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anosmia
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Salivary Gland Cancer
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing

Dr. Bortniker accepts

Dr. Bortniker accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth