Dr. David Blackmer, DPM

Podiatry •  Male • Age 51

Dr. Blackmer

Blackmer Foot & Ankle

3080 E Gentry Way Ste 201 Meridian, ID 83642

Dr. David Blackmer, DPM is a podiatry specialist in Meridian, ID. He graduated from Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine and specializes in podiatry and podiatry sports medicine.

• Practices at top hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Low wait times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Blackmer accepts

Dr. Blackmer accepts the following insurance:

Altius Health Plans
Providence Health Plans
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Traditional Participating Plan
SelectHealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Idaho

Check Dr. Blackmer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Blackmer

Dr. Blackmer?
Dr. Blackmer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Blackmer, DPM
Excellent Doctor! Dr. Blackmer made me feel at home the minute I met him, very cool, not stuffy like the many other Drs. I’ve seen over the years. It must be an Idaho thing. Very attentive to my needs. I can honestly say I enjoyed my visit with the doc, unlike going to most of my doctors now, except for Dr Sanda Thompson. Thanks a million for taking such good care of my Big toe. See ya soon for a follow up?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Blackmer, DPM?
Perfect diagnosis (toe nail fungus)treatment and care from doctor and staff. Nails are perfect now. Thank you all!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Blackmer, DPM?
I recently had hammertoe surgery done on my 5th toe. Things went great, just followed instructions on ice, elavation, and pain meds. Had stitch’s out 2 weeks and back to normal shoes at that time. Still elevated and iced at night. Was off pain meds in 3 days total. Don’t read all the horror stories on the internet. It hurt’s after surgery, but not much more than the hammertoe did before. Prior was a solid 7, now at 3 weeks a 2 at night. Going in for big toe next week. Great doctor & personality
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Blackmer, DPM?
Dr. Blackmer was great. The BEST experience I've ever had in a doctors office. I felt extremely comfortable right away. He clearly is extremely competent in his field and knew what was wrong immediately upon inspection. Within minutes he alleviated my pain, I even got to see what was inside my foot that was causing the pain. 9 months of pain gone after 1 visit. I was impressed and would recommend him to anyone without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Blackmer, DPM?
My quality of life had been disintegrating for seven years due to the crippling pain of arthritis in my feet. Dr. Blackmer was not the first podiatrist from whom I sought help, but he was the only one to make me felt heard , and he cared enough to deliver relief. I am 71 and had come to almost accept pain as an unavoidable condition of age. But since Dr. Blackmer treated me, I live absolutely pain free. He and his staff are top notch.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Blackmer, DPM?
Took my mom to Dr Blackmer for an ingrown toenail. She had been to another Podiatrist who failed to fix her problem. Dr Blackmer is an excellent doctor who did another surgery on her toe. Problem now solved! He is a very nice, down to earth Doctor who is very knowledgeable! The staff are also very helpful. He does not rush you and answers all your questions! So glad I found him as my mom is 89 years old and was suffering with her toe. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Blackmer, DPM?
Dr. Blackmer knows his stuff! He is friendly and makes you feel very comfortable. I appreciate the time he spent with me. He has a great personality and made me feel at ease. I would recommend him to anybody for their foot or ankle needs!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Blackmer, DPM?
Thank you Dr. Blackmer for fixing a problem 3 other doctors couldn't fix. I had been on multiple rounds of unnecessary antibiotics and the problem never resolved. Dr. Blackmer had a plan the minute he walked in and saw my foot from across the room. He spent a lot of time and made sure I was comfortable with the treatment plan. He made me feel like a valued patient. His nurse is so sweet and everyone is very attentive. I would highly recommend Dr. Blackmer and staff for all your podiatry needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Blackmer, DPM?
Dr. Blackmer is one who is genuine interested in solving your Health problems. I spent several visits with other doctors trying to solve my many feet problems. I gave up. I seen his bill board advertising while driving down Fairview and decided to get another opinion. My problems where as follows 1. Plantar Fasciitis on both feet. 2. Bone spurs on back of right heel 3. Bone spur between 2 toes. 4.Fungus of the toenails Recommend him highly. All issues 90% complete.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Blackmer, DPM?
Ugh... doctor visits are never pleasant; that is until you've been to Dr. Blackmer! He's quite unlike many physicians... the dreaded stuffy, textbook, quick to dismiss type. Instantly he makes you feel comfortable with his smile and humor, and talks with you as an equal. He is all about his patients, not his pocketbook, and his knowledgeable diagnosis is explained in clear familiar dialog. Dr. Blackmer's staff is equally as personable and genuine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Blackmer, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Blackmer?

As a Podiatrist with over 25 years experience and having performed thousands of procedures, I believe all non-surgical options should first be explored.

• Podiatry

1985
Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine
1979
University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Blackmer treats patients.

69% Patient experience rating, Equal to the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2017)