Dermatology  |
Dr. David Bertler, MD
Dr. Bertler is a Board-Certified Dermatologist and a fellowship trained Mohs Micrographic Skin Cancer Surgeon. He has completed an intensive training program in skin cancer surgery and advanced facial reconstruction. His professional areas of interest are skin cancer detection/treatment and Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery.

Forefront Dermatology - Appleton

3935 N Lightning Dr

Appleton, WI 54913

Dr. David Bertler, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Bertler

Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out.

Dr. Bertler's Experience

Dr. Bertler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Removal
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• University of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus
  • Fitzsimons Amc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University Louisville
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Bertler has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • American College of Mohs Surgery, Member
  • American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Member

Dr. Bertler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bertler to family and friends
Dr. Bertler's Performance
De Pere, WI |
Dr. Bertler does a great job checking for possible areas needing treatment. He is up front with procedures needed and what is necessary. He is also personable, which adds to the patient experience.
in Green Bay, WI |
Dr. Bertler in the past found melanoma on me that was over looked by an internal medicine Dr. and a dermatology Dr. (not from his clinic). He removed the melanoma . Going to Dr. Bertler was a life saving event for me.
Tomah, WI |
Explained the procedure very well! Had great personality and caring staff. I have had little to no pain. I would recommend him.
in Green Bay, WI |
This was my second surgery with Dr. Bertler. Excellent treatment by doctor and staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Bertler for anyone seeking dermatology surgery.
in Sturgeon Bay, WI |
I was very impressed with Dr. Bertler's knowledge, professionalism and caring manner and would highly recommend Dr. Bertler to all my friends and relatives
in De Pere, WI |
Dr. Bertler has taken care of my entire family's skin care for many years. He is an experienced, knowledgeable physician who is also caring and compassionate. I have had a number of skin cancer procedures, and he has always been minimally invasive, yet thorough. He has performed Mohs surgery on my nose, a difficult place for healing and skin matching, and the small scar i have is not even visible. I would highly recommend him.
in New Franken, WI |
I have precancerous cells (Actinic Keratosis) and Dr. Bertler gave me excellent care when removing them and good follow-up exams. My husband has had squamous & basil skin cancer. He has had Mohs treatments and the Blue-Light Therapy plus Dr. Bertler performed a skin graft from his arm to his damaged leg. We both trust our lives to his care. He spends time with his patients. He is considerate, knowledgeable and efficient. We can't thank him & his staff enough!
in Appleton, WI |
I would very highly recommend Dr. Bertler to anyone. Dr. is the kindest, gentle, caring person I have ever met. He explains everything and leaves you feeling confident in his care.
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Bertler toke the time to explain all options to me before we started. We discussed them and then we mutually agreed to proceed. This was very important to me and I appreciate it very much. He also was very personable and easy to talk to through out the procedure. The overall experience was painless.
in Ashwaubenon, WI |
Very good service and expertise!
in Green Bay, WI |
Dr. Bertler did a Mohs procedure on my face on February 16th. His manner is very pleasant and professional, as well as that of his assistants. The procedure was done quickly and neatly with no pain. This is the second time Dr. Bertler has done a Mohs procedure on my face. The first one healed very nicely with an almost invisible scar. Thank you, Dr. Bertler.
in Argonne, WI |
This is my second time to have Mohs surgery with Dr Bertler. He is so friendly and makes sure I understood what was going to take place.
Green Bay, WI |
Very personable and very thorough.
Greenleaf, WI |
Dr. Bertler has been my dermatologist for over 15 years, and I continue to see him for followup, although melanoma never returned. His level of professionalism is unmatched, and I trust his suggestions. He gives me control over how I want my treatment to go and listens carefully to my concerns and questions. I highly recommend him!
in Algoma, WI |
Been very happy with the services performed by Dr. Bertler. I have also recommended him to other acquaintances.
in Green Bay, WI |
Dr Bertler was very considerate, always asking how I was doing, while the surgery. He did explain just what he was doing. Although he was very busy that morning, he would stop and ask if I was okay. He, along with the nurses attending, were very thoughtful and explained things to me. I had 9 stitches, which surprised me. I had them removed the following week and there is just a slight skar on my forehead. If I ever need any surgery in the future, I definitely would ask for him to perform I
in Appleton, WI |
Excellent care, wonderful manner with patients, listened carefully to me, very personable, concerned and friendly. Inspires confidence in his abilities, and I was very satisfied.
New Franken, WI |
I am completely satisfied with Dr. Bertler. Takes time to explain things, as telling a person skin cancer is what you have. Explains in my age group, why this happens, suggests what to use for preventing this any further. He does not just try one thing, but whatever he believes will see me through this journey. Is willing to smile and have a laugh in all the seriousness of his profession. Not always easy in this profession. Thank you to Dr. Bertler for all of the help and concerns.
in Kimberly, WI |
Takes the time to explain the situation and what he is going to do. Excellent bedside manner. Easy to talk to. Highly recommend.
in De Pere, WI |
You can go to the office with confidence knowing that Dr. Bertler is going to take good care of you and the procedure will be done to perfection.
Have you seen Dr. David Bertler, MD?

Visit Dr. Bertler

Dr. Bertler accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Dermatopathology