Dr. David Bertler, MD

Dr. David Bertler, MD

Dermatology  ·
Dr. David Bertler, MD is a dermatologist in Appleton, WI. He graduated from Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences and specializes in dermatology, dermatologic surgery, and more.Read his story

3935 N Lightning Dr

Appleton, WI 54913

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Bertler

See how frequently Dr. Bertler performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Skin Infections
Acne
Skin Cancer

Dr. Bertler's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Bertler's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bertler "Dr. Bertler is a Board-Certified Dermatologist and a fellowship trained Mohs Micrographic Skin Cancer Surgeon. He has completed an intensive training program in skin cancer surgery and advanced facial reconstruction. His professional areas of interest are skin cancer detection/treatment and Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery."

This content was provided by Dr. Bertler "Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out."

• Dermatology

• Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Walter Reed Amc
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Fitzsimons Amc

Dr. Bertler has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • American College of Mohs Surgery, Member
  • American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Member

Dr. Bertler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bertler to family and friends

Dr. Bertler's Performance

Everything with our visit was excellent - except the wait time!! For an elderly person especially. We arrived 15 minutes before our scheduled time for both of his appointments. But waited 40 minutes after his appointment time to be called into the room!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Bertler is very knowledgeable and has been taking care of me for many years. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a dermatologist! I don't think you can find anyone better:)
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! I appreciate it very much.

I have known and been treated on and off by Dr Bertler since 2001. I have had and still do have ultimate trust in his skills as a surgeon. He has a way of putting a patient at ease before during and after any surgery. Thoroughly explains what needs to be done how he will do it and results...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
This was my second Mohs unfortunately, and both on my nose. I requested to go back to Dr. Bertler for my second one as my first went so well. I was very fearful of needing a second procedure on my nose but have been extremely happy with my outcome. I feel Dr. Bertler does an excellent job in giving...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Very thorough. Is the best surgeon for skin cancer. Is the best closing the surgical area with no to very little scaring.