Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 43

Dr. Benglis Jr

Atlanta Brain and Spine Care

2001 Peachtree Rd NE Ste 575 Atlanta, GA 30309

Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Atlanta, GA and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio in 2004 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Dr. Benglis Jr accepts

Dr. Benglis Jr accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
Blue Choice HMO
Blue Choice Option POS
Blue Open Access POS

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Benglis Jr' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Benglis Jr' Top Procedures and Conditions

Myelopathy

Dr. Benglis Jr treats Myelopathy more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Benglis Jr treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Autoimmune Myelopathy

• Cranial Trauma
  • Disc Replacement
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Laminectomy
  • Thoracic Disc Surgery
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

The patient-physician interaction and bond is one of the most important parts of my practice. Each one of my patients has a unique clinical condition and I "custom fit" the plan for their comprehensive spine care accordingly. My patients are my family.

• Neurosurgery

• North American Spine Society Scholarship, 2007
  • 8th Rosamoff Research Day Best Presentation, 2008

• Craniovertebral Junction Abnormalities., In press
  • Hypothermia-evidence based review., In press
  • Robotics, FES, Brain-Computer Interfaces, Locomotor Training Strategies., 2011
  • Syringomyelia, 2011
  • Biology of spine fusion., In press
  • Outcomes in pediatric patients with Chiari malformation Type I followed up without surgery., 2011
  • Treatment of a persistent iatrogenic cerebrospinal fluid-pleural fistula with a cadaveric dural-pleural graft., 2009
  • An anatomical study of the lumbosacral plexus as related to the minimally invasive transpsoas approach to the lumbar spine., 2009
  • Clinical feasibility of minimally invasive cervical laminoplasty., 2008
  • A comprehensive review of the safety profile of bone morphogenetic protein in spine surgery., 2008

Dr. Benglis Jr' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Benglis Jr

Dr. Benglis Jr?
Dr. Benglis Jr' Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD
Can't say enough good things about Dr. Benglis and his PA, Patty. This practice has also been easy with scheduling appointments and they genuinely care about my health and recovery. I could hardly walk into their office and no the leg pain and numbness are gone. I have degenerating discs so will likely have problems in the future. I will no doubt be returning to Dr. Benglis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
Dr. Benglis is a masterful neurosurgeon. He performed a three level A-Life with posterior bracing (S1-L3). He set up a team of surgeons and performed the operations with permission and great success. I have no pain after ten years. The only think that I would have done different would have been to had the surgery sooner. I was up walking hours after surgery in mid January 2018. I am back at the gym and getting strong every day. I will be 71-years old in October. Thanks, Dr. Benglis and PA Patti
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
Dr. Benglis and his assistant Patty are fantastic! They both explained all of my problems to me in terms I could understand (for the first time!) My surgery was 4 months ago and I can already feel my legs again!! So grateful I found the best!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
I have been in the businesses of healthcare for 30+ years, so I consider myself a harsh judge of physicians & their staff. I have nothing but the highest praise for Dr. B and his staff. From the appointment staff to the nursing staff to his amazing PA and office manager. They were all kind, patient and empathetic. Dr. B. took all the time I needed to show me on his computer what my problem was and made sure I completely understood what was going on. This is a model practice w/great people
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
Very talented surgeon! Very good results from surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
I've had lower back issues for the past 15 years. So after a recent worsening in which chiropractic could no longer help, I was referred to Dr Benglis. By a friend in the medical device industry who has seen hundreds of local doctors in action. The reason he referred Benglis was due to his conservative approach as well as his abilities in the event I did need surgery. Ultimately he recommended first going through epideral treatments and I'm now back on the golf course (no surgery).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
I had a laminectomy done at L5-S1 levels. Absolute worst experience ever. They said I was going to be "sore" and be out of work for two weeks, yeah right. It was almost 3 months before I could return to work, and I have a call center job. Instead of sending me for aquatic physical therapy as standard procedure after back surgery, he sent me to a hole in the wall rehab center for 8 visits, I am still having ongoing issues with the disc & refuses to see me. Office loses records on a daily basis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
I'm 6 mos post L34,L45 fusion totally pain free. Surgery a great success. Dr. B & his staff are wonderful. If you're as scared of back surgery as I was, this is the doc for you. He's excellent. Can't say enough. I heard so many horror stories about back surgery, & met people that still had pain after surgery & could not return to their normal activities. I'm 67, go to the gym 6 days a week, playing golf already at my same 13 HCP. Just followed hubby all over a 9mi Spartan race and never an ache.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
Like most patients looking at spinal surgery, I was a little fearful. But Dr. Benglis explained what he would do and why, and answered all my questions, and I was reassured. He never seemed too hurried to take time with me, and I felt he cared about me as well as my outcome. The staff made the pre-surgery process easy and were attentive to my progress afterward. The operation made a big difference, and it is wonderful not to feel that pain anymore. I'm grateful to the doctor and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
Very likely. Top recommendation for family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
Dr. Benglis and his staff are absolutely wonderful. I felt a sense of peace the first time I entered his office. The staff was courteous and completely explained my condition and what steps would be taken to assist me getting better. Dr. Benglis is a Neurosurgeon who uses surgery as the last option. He takes the time to make sure you feel comfortable with choices being made. I'll never forget what he said to me about my surgery, "If I take you in it (surgery), I bring you trough it".
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
I was first referred to Dr. Benglis by another doctor because of numbness in both hands that emanated to both shoulders. After he reviewed by records and determined that my condition was something he could deal with, an appointment was scheduled. From that point on, I have always felt Dr. Benglis and his entire staff are super qualified and super professional. I was made aware of everything that was going to happen with my surgery and recuperation and the process was seamless.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
I have had 2 lower back fusions since 2012. Both very successful. I was told by other Dr.'s it was something I would have to live with. Dr. B said, Lets fix this. I'm 60, work full time, camp, hike, water ski, ride jet skis and travel world wide. I have recommended Dr. B to 8 mechanics at work. He has called me just to check how I was doing. His assistant, Patty, is the best. Both are very professional and caring people. Great care team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
Dr. Benglis was amazing! I saw him about two years ago originally and he did not try to rush me into surgery. Even though I'd had the same back issues for 8 years, he still wanted to try some more conservative treatments first. He did tell me that at some point, the need for surgery would come. However, I was able to put that off for 2 years, up until this past September. The recovery was tough, but the surgery was well worth it! There is no one I would recommend more!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
Dr Benglis, Patty B. PA, and other staff members took exceptional care of me before ,during and after my ACDF surgery ! Their knowledge and expertise in this field is unsurpassed. As a team they listen well and answer all questions with honesty and patience. I sincerely appreciate the care and kindness they showed me and would not hesitate to have them care for me in the future if I should have further medical needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
Dr. Benglis was very informative and courteous in our visits. He did not mind answering our questions and did not intimidate us for asking what most likely seemed simple questions. He was most helpful in explaining the procedure of surgery in pre-op to his wife that he was going to do instead of what he had planned to do. The surgery & recovery went well - did not complain of pain after surgery, recovery went well; after 2 weeks we were given helpful hints for continued recovery. THANK YOU.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
I was referred to Dr B for evaluation of an extremely frightening, serious cervical spine issue that resulted in my 3rd fusion surgery. From the moment I met him, I knew I was going to be cared for by an exceptional team of people. Dr B's personality & style are quite unusual. His combination of technical expertise,infectious enthusiasm & ability to inspire confidence in patients is simply unparalleled in my experience. I hope I never need another surgery but he will do it if I do. A warm human.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
Excellent!! I went into the surgery with a great amount of trepidation. Terror might even be a better descriptor. The surgery went flawlessly. The recovery was without incident and my back feels better than it has in several years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
Dr Benglis and Patty have been awesome from the start. They're very nice and personable and also able to explain what's wrong, what needs to be done, and set expectations (for me) for post-surgery. Unfortunately, I had to have 2 surgeries last year (both by Dr Benglis) but they needed to be done and it was explained pretty well where the issues were via the MRIs. I feel happy with the progression and hope I don't need to go under the knife anymore. :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
DR. BENGLIS, DIAMOND AND SAMARA WERE ALL VERY FRIENDLY, COMPASSIONATE AND EFFICIENT DURING MY APPOINTMENT. DR. BENGLIS WAS NOT IN A HURRY AND MADE ME FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE AND WAS EXTREMELY THOROUGH IN HIS ASSESSMENT AND EXPLANATION OF MY CONDITION AND RECOMMENDED NEXT STEPS. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH. WENDY PARKER
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Benglis Jr?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Benglis Jr treats patients.