Dr. David Benglis, MD

Dr. Benglis
Telehealth services available

Atlanta Brain and Spine Care

2001 Peachtree Rd Ne Ste 575 Atlanta, GA 30309

Dr. David Benglis, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Atlanta, GA and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Benglis has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Texas Medical School At San Antonio medical school in 2004. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Northside Hospital and Piedmont Fayette Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Benglis to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Neurosurgeons in your area

See similar Neurosurgeons in Atlanta

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Benglis accepts

Dr. Benglis accepts the following insurance:

Blue Choice PPO, EPO-GA
Blue Open Access POS
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Typically treats 84% more than their peers

• Cranial Trauma
  • Disc Replacement
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Laminectomy
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. David Benglis, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer evening visits?

Dr. Benglis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Benglis

Dr. Benglis?
What People Say About Dr. David Benglis, MD
It was extremely informative, cared about his patient. Operated my husband he’s excellent!
P Crenshaw – Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
I have no pain after 13 years and 4 surgeries. He and his entire staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and went the extra mile for me. He performed a two-stage surgery to insert a spacer between S-1 and L-5. Both surgeries went well and now I am on NO pain meds. This is the first time I have been drug free in 12 years. My surgery was beyond my expectations!
Sally Wallace – Oct 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
Can't say enough good things about Dr. Benglis and his PA, Patty. This practice has also been easy with scheduling appointments and they genuinely care about my health and recovery. I could hardly walk into their office and no the leg pain and numbness are gone. I have degenerating discs so will likely have problems in the future. I will no doubt be returning to Dr. Benglis.
Dan Smith in Woodstock, GA – Aug 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
Dr. Benglis is a masterful neurosurgeon. He performed a three level A-Life with posterior bracing (S1-L3). He set up a team of surgeons and performed the operations with permission and great success. I have no pain after ten years. The only think that I would have done different would have been to had the surgery sooner. I was up walking hours after surgery in mid January 2018. I am back at the gym and getting strong every day. I will be 71-years old in October. Thanks, Dr. Benglis and PA Patti
Charles McKinney in Decatur, GA – Aug 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
Dr. Benglis and his assistant Patty are fantastic! They both explained all of my problems to me in terms I could understand (for the first time!) My surgery was 4 months ago and I can already feel my legs again!! So grateful I found the best!!!
Debra Miles in Buckhead, GA – Jun 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
I have been in the businesses of healthcare for 30+ years, so I consider myself a harsh judge of physicians & their staff. I have nothing but the highest praise for Dr. B and his staff. From the appointment staff to the nursing staff to his amazing PA and office manager. They were all kind, patient and empathetic. Dr. B. took all the time I needed to show me on his computer what my problem was and made sure I completely understood what was going on. This is a model practice w/great people
Wendy in Marietta – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
Very talented surgeon! Very good results from surgery!
Williamson – Jan 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
I've had lower back issues for the past 15 years. So after a recent worsening in which chiropractic could no longer help, I was referred to Dr Benglis. By a friend in the medical device industry who has seen hundreds of local doctors in action. The reason he referred Benglis was due to his conservative approach as well as his abilities in the event I did need surgery. Ultimately he recommended first going through epideral treatments and I'm now back on the golf course (no surgery).
Matt Berndt in Roswell, GA – Nov 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
I had a laminectomy done at L5-S1 levels. Absolute worst experience ever. They said I was going to be "sore" and be out of work for two weeks, yeah right. It was almost 3 months before I could return to work, and I have a call center job. Instead of sending me for aquatic physical therapy as standard procedure after back surgery, he sent me to a hole in the wall rehab center for 8 visits, I am still having ongoing issues with the disc & refuses to see me. Office loses records on a daily basis
Roswell, GA – Oct 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
I'm 6 mos post L34,L45 fusion totally pain free. Surgery a great success. Dr. B & his staff are wonderful. If you're as scared of back surgery as I was, this is the doc for you. He's excellent. Can't say enough. I heard so many horror stories about back surgery, & met people that still had pain after surgery & could not return to their normal activities. I'm 67, go to the gym 6 days a week, playing golf already at my same 13 HCP. Just followed hubby all over a 9mi Spartan race and never an ache.
Duluth, GA – Aug 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
Like most patients looking at spinal surgery, I was a little fearful. But Dr. Benglis explained what he would do and why, and answered all my questions, and I was reassured. He never seemed too hurried to take time with me, and I felt he cared about me as well as my outcome. The staff made the pre-surgery process easy and were attentive to my progress afterward. The operation made a big difference, and it is wonderful not to feel that pain anymore. I'm grateful to the doctor and his staff.
Julie in Atlanta, GA – Mar 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
Very likely. Top recommendation for family and friends.
Donald Rakestraw in Carrollton, GA – Mar 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
Dr. Benglis and his staff are absolutely wonderful. I felt a sense of peace the first time I entered his office. The staff was courteous and completely explained my condition and what steps would be taken to assist me getting better. Dr. Benglis is a Neurosurgeon who uses surgery as the last option. He takes the time to make sure you feel comfortable with choices being made. I'll never forget what he said to me about my surgery, "If I take you in it (surgery), I bring you trough it".
Dreidra in Fayetteville, GA – Mar 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
I was first referred to Dr. Benglis by another doctor because of numbness in both hands that emanated to both shoulders. After he reviewed by records and determined that my condition was something he could deal with, an appointment was scheduled. From that point on, I have always felt Dr. Benglis and his entire staff are super qualified and super professional. I was made aware of everything that was going to happen with my surgery and recuperation and the process was seamless.
Robert Cole in Newnan, GA – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
I have had 2 lower back fusions since 2012. Both very successful. I was told by other Dr.'s it was something I would have to live with. Dr. B said, Lets fix this. I'm 60, work full time, camp, hike, water ski, ride jet skis and travel world wide. I have recommended Dr. B to 8 mechanics at work. He has called me just to check how I was doing. His assistant, Patty, is the best. Both are very professional and caring people. Great care team.
Kerry Rose in Fayetteville, GA – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
Dr. Benglis was amazing! I saw him about two years ago originally and he did not try to rush me into surgery. Even though I'd had the same back issues for 8 years, he still wanted to try some more conservative treatments first. He did tell me that at some point, the need for surgery would come. However, I was able to put that off for 2 years, up until this past September. The recovery was tough, but the surgery was well worth it! There is no one I would recommend more!
Kelli in Owen – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
Dr Benglis, Patty B. PA, and other staff members took exceptional care of me before ,during and after my ACDF surgery ! Their knowledge and expertise in this field is unsurpassed. As a team they listen well and answer all questions with honesty and patience. I sincerely appreciate the care and kindness they showed me and would not hesitate to have them care for me in the future if I should have further medical needs.
Darcy M. in Woodstock, Ga – Feb 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
Dr. Benglis was very informative and courteous in our visits. He did not mind answering our questions and did not intimidate us for asking what most likely seemed simple questions. He was most helpful in explaining the procedure of surgery in pre-op to his wife that he was going to do instead of what he had planned to do. The surgery & recovery went well - did not complain of pain after surgery, recovery went well; after 2 weeks we were given helpful hints for continued recovery. THANK YOU.
Louie Chance in Fayetteville, GA – Feb 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
I was referred to Dr B for evaluation of an extremely frightening, serious cervical spine issue that resulted in my 3rd fusion surgery. From the moment I met him, I knew I was going to be cared for by an exceptional team of people. Dr B's personality & style are quite unusual. His combination of technical expertise,infectious enthusiasm & ability to inspire confidence in patients is simply unparalleled in my experience. I hope I never need another surgery but he will do it if I do. A warm human.
Repaired in Atlanta, GA – Feb 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?
Excellent!! I went into the surgery with a great amount of trepidation. Terror might even be a better descriptor. The surgery went flawlessly. The recovery was without incident and my back feels better than it has in several years.
Roger Seaman in Woodstock, GA – Feb 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Benglis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Benglis?

The patient-physician interaction and bond is one of the most important parts of my practice. Each one of my patients has a unique clinical condition and I "custom fit" the plan for their comprehensive spine care accordingly. My patients are my family.

• Neurosurgery

• North American Spine Society Scholarship, 2007
  • Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, 2004
  • 10th Rosamoff Research Day Best Presentation, 2010

More Information

• Does Dr. Benglis communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Benglis communicates via email

• Does Dr. Benglis offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Benglis offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Benglis offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Benglis offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Benglis have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Benglis has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Benglis offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Benglis offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Benglis offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Benglis offers evening visits