Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Atlanta Brain and Spine Care 2001 Peachtree Rd NE Ste 575 Atlanta, GA 30309 Get Directions
Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD
I am Spine Fellowship Trained and specialize in minimally invasive and open treatment of spinal arthritic disorders.

Dr. Benglis Jr' Care Philosophy

The patient-physician interaction and bond is one of the most important parts of my practice. Each one of my patients has a unique clinical condition and I "custom fit" the plan for their comprehensive spine care accordingly. My patients are my family.

Dr. Benglis Jr' Experience

See how Dr. Benglis Jr' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Benglis Jr

Dr. Benglis Jr accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Benglis Jr is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Benglis Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Benglis Jr' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Benglis Jr to family and friends
Dr. Benglis Jr' Performance
in Atlanta, GA |
Like most patients looking at spinal surgery, I was a little fearful. But Dr. Benglis explained what he would do and why, and answered all my questions, and I was reassured. He never seemed too hurried to take time with me, and I felt he cared about me as well as my outcome. The staff made the pre-surgery process easy and were attentive to my progress afterward. The operation made a big difference, and it is wonderful not to feel that pain anymore. I'm grateful to the doctor and his staff.
in Carrollton, GA |
Very likely. Top recommendation for family and friends.
in Fayetteville, GA |
Dr. Benglis and his staff are absolutely wonderful. I felt a sense of peace the first time I entered his office. The staff was courteous and completely explained my condition and what steps would be taken to assist me getting better. Dr. Benglis is a Neurosurgeon who uses surgery as the last option. He takes the time to make sure you feel comfortable with choices being made. I'll never forget what he said to me about my surgery, "If I take you in it (surgery), I bring you trough it".
in Newnan, GA |
I was first referred to Dr. Benglis by another doctor because of numbness in both hands that emanated to both shoulders. After he reviewed by records and determined that my condition was something he could deal with, an appointment was scheduled. From that point on, I have always felt Dr. Benglis and his entire staff are super qualified and super professional. I was made aware of everything that was going to happen with my surgery and recuperation and the process was seamless.
in Fayetteville, GA |
I have had 2 lower back fusions since 2012. Both very successful. I was told by other Dr.'s it was something I would have to live with. Dr. B said, Lets fix this. I'm 60, work full time, camp, hike, water ski, ride jet skis and travel world wide. I have recommended Dr. B to 8 mechanics at work. He has called me just to check how I was doing. His assistant, Patty, is the best. Both are very professional and caring people. Great care team.
in Owen |
Dr. Benglis was amazing! I saw him about two years ago originally and he did not try to rush me into surgery. Even though I'd had the same back issues for 8 years, he still wanted to try some more conservative treatments first. He did tell me that at some point, the need for surgery would come. However, I was able to put that off for 2 years, up until this past September. The recovery was tough, but the surgery was well worth it! There is no one I would recommend more!
in Woodstock, Ga |
Dr Benglis, Patty B. PA, and other staff members took exceptional care of me before ,during and after my ACDF surgery ! Their knowledge and expertise in this field is unsurpassed. As a team they listen well and answer all questions with honesty and patience. I sincerely appreciate the care and kindness they showed me and would not hesitate to have them care for me in the future if I should have further medical needs.
in Fayetteville, GA |
Dr. Benglis was very informative and courteous in our visits. He did not mind answering our questions and did not intimidate us for asking what most likely seemed simple questions. He was most helpful in explaining the procedure of surgery in pre-op to his wife that he was going to do instead of what he had planned to do. The surgery & recovery went well - did not complain of pain after surgery, recovery went well; after 2 weeks we were given helpful hints for continued recovery. THANK YOU.
in Atlanta, GA |
I was referred to Dr B for evaluation of an extremely frightening, serious cervical spine issue that resulted in my 3rd fusion surgery. From the moment I met him, I knew I was going to be cared for by an exceptional team of people. Dr B's personality & style are quite unusual. His combination of technical expertise,infectious enthusiasm & ability to inspire confidence in patients is simply unparalleled in my experience. I hope I never need another surgery but he will do it if I do. A warm human.
in Woodstock, GA |
Excellent!! I went into the surgery with a great amount of trepidation. Terror might even be a better descriptor. The surgery went flawlessly. The recovery was without incident and my back feels better than it has in several years.
in Woodstock, GA |
Dr Benglis and Patty have been awesome from the start. They're very nice and personable and also able to explain what's wrong, what needs to be done, and set expectations (for me) for post-surgery. Unfortunately, I had to have 2 surgeries last year (both by Dr Benglis) but they needed to be done and it was explained pretty well where the issues were via the MRIs. I feel happy with the progression and hope I don't need to go under the knife anymore. :)
in Atlanta, GA |
DR. BENGLIS, DIAMOND AND SAMARA WERE ALL VERY FRIENDLY, COMPASSIONATE AND EFFICIENT DURING MY APPOINTMENT. DR. BENGLIS WAS NOT IN A HURRY AND MADE ME FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE AND WAS EXTREMELY THOROUGH IN HIS ASSESSMENT AND EXPLANATION OF MY CONDITION AND RECOMMENDED NEXT STEPS. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH. WENDY PARKER
in tucker, ga. |
Dr. Benglis, his assistant and staff always display the height of professionalism. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Benglis and his staff. Confident i'm in good hands as he always takes the time to explain whats going on with my and back and answer and question and concerns that I may have. Thank you Dr. Your very good at what you do.
in Bremen,ga |
Dr. Benglis Basically did overkill surgery on the posterior region of my back (neck). I had core compression at c4 he did the surgery, few months later had broken screws. If he would have stopped after the anterior surgery I would have been fine. But I suffer from miserable chronic pain! he destroyed my life instead of making it better. Please Do not go to this doctor. Someone needs to take the knife away from him!!
in Smyrna, GA |
Dr. Benglis performed surgery on me to implant a Spinal Cord Stimulator almost 3 years ago. He did a fantastic job! He is not what I expected from a neurosurgeon; simply because most neurologists aren't exactly known for having a fantastic personality! ?? He is extremely friendly, caring and makes you feel very comfortable. When I have to have my battery replaced for my stimulator I'm going right back to him!
in Tucker, GA |
As a patient of Piedmont Hsp. for over 30 year and 3 back operations and now have Chronic lower back problems with a ton of arthritis and stenosis I am unable to get an appointment to get treatment because they will not take Medicare. Have offered to pay out of pocket and they still will not give me an appointment[ have tried for the past 3-weeks and the will not return my request. Have sent them the CT Lumbar spine scan. Doctors, Where is you Medical Oath??????????????????
Have you seen Dr. David Benglis Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Benglis Jr?

Compare Dr. Benglis Jr

Dr. Benglis Jr says...

Dr. Benglis Jr' Care Philosophy

Dr. Benglis Jr' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

• 10th Rosamoff Research Day Best Presentation, 2010
    • Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, 2004
    • North American Spine Society Scholarship, 2007
    • 8th Rosamoff Research Day Best Presentation, 2008
    • Craniovertebral Junction Abnormalities., In press
    • Hypothermia-evidence based review., In press
    • Robotics, FES, Brain-Computer Interfaces, Locomotor Training Strategies., 2011
    • Syringomyelia, 2011
    • Biology of spine fusion., In press
    • Outcomes in pediatric patients with Chiari malformation Type I followed up without surgery., 2011
    • Treatment of a persistent iatrogenic cerebrospinal fluid-pleural fistula with a cadaveric dural-pleural graft., 2009
    • An anatomical study of the lumbosacral plexus as related to the minimally invasive transpsoas approach to the lumbar spine., 2009
    • Clinical feasibility of minimally invasive cervical laminoplasty., 2008
    • A comprehensive review of the safety profile of bone morphogenetic protein in spine surgery., 2008
    • Acute neurological deficit after minor trauma in an infant with achondroplasia and cervicomedullary compression. Case report and review of the literature., 2007
    • Occiput to Thoracic Fusion After Surgical Resection of Desmoid Tumor., 2011
    • Minimally invasive anterolateral approaches for the treatment of back pain and adult degenerative deformity., 2008
    • Pediatric spinal cord injury in infant piglets: description of a new large animal model and review of the literature., 2010
    • Neurologic findings of craniovertebral junction disease., 2010
    • Atlanta Institute for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (AIMS), 9/1/2012
    • Healthgrades welcome video, 3/22/2012

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Benglis Jr' Board Certifications

Graduated in 1999

• Other Education
    National Institutes Of Health

Completed in 2002

Dr. Benglis Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Benglis Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Cervical Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Cervical Microdiscectomy
  • Cervical Spine Reconstruction
  • Disc Replacement
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Laminectomy