Dr. David Bell, DO

Practices Cardiology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3 after 26 reviews.
Author:
Our experience with him has been less than satisfactory. Our last visit, he told us there was nothing more he could do for his Afib and referred us to another doctor. Everything he told my husband NOT to do, put my husband in a 911 situation and he was AIR VACTED from Hatch, UT to St. George, UT while we were on vacation 3 weeks after seeing Bell. and 4 weeks after his procedure. My husband ankles are severely swollen and red from the swelling. He has too much water in his system and around his heart. He thought he was having a heart attack. He was told to GO BACK to riding your bicycle and exercising to help reduce absorb the water in his system. Bell told him to stop. This should have NEVER happened. The swelling was a MAJOR red flag that Bell ignored. Doc in Utah knew exactly what going on when he seen the swelling.
He seemed super rushed...appt was about 30 minutes late ~
Author:
My husband was sent here after an abnormal EKG and specifically asked for an NMR lipoprofile and Calcium score CT to assess cardiac risk. Assured him they’d order both. Instead did a stress test, declared him “fine” and told him “the stress echo would show any blockages” which is false, it would only show a >70% blockage. Friend of ours just dropped dead with a 40% block. Said they’d do the NMR, he gave blood AT their office, now “no record of labs” and refuse to re-order. Incompetent.
Author:
If you need a cardiologist i cannot in good conscience recommend Bell, who my pcp referred me to. This is just my opinion, but an MD is preferable. He was rude, frightening and just an awful manner. Complained to my pcp that this DO misdiagnosed me and caused me emotional distress. AVOID.
Author:
I question the three above bad reviews since the language is similar in all three. I saw him and felt he spent a lot of experience with me and was quite friendly. He ordered tests and I got them all done.
Comments are appreciated.
Author:
I went to see DR Bell about my blood pressure. I brought my records for him to see. I saw him reading them and the first thing he sees is I have emphysema. He sets me up for a stress test. When I come for the stress test it is a treadmill. The lady there said as I walked in there is no way you can do this. She has more intelligence than the DR. I dropped him like a hot potato. Nuff said.
Comments are appreciated. Bobbie Boyd, Director of Community Relations
Author:
Surprised by the reviews I read. I have been a patient of Dr. Bell for over a year. He gives me the time I need at each visit, is attentive and I feel secure in his care. His support staff is very friendly and caring. The billing office is quick to respond and help when I've had questions. When I had to go to the main office for testing the staff made me feel comfortable and at ease. I highly recommend Dr. Bell and CVAM.
Comments are always very welcome. Thanks so much - Bobbie Boyd, Director of Community Relations (480) 773-1816
Author:
HORRIFIC experience. Avoid this very awful "doctor"....zero bedside manner.
We appreciate you took the time to share this as your comments are important to us. Would you please consider calling me. I hope I will hear from you. Bobbie Boyd, Director of Community Relations 480 773 1816
Author:
Every doctor/ patient interface is unique, and my experience was HORRIFIC. After waiting 50 minutes past my appointment time, Dr. Bell entered and offered no perfunctory apology for the wait. He was brusque, uncompassionate, and in my opinion a DO that I cannot in good conscience recommend to anyone. He was unnecessarily frightening, seemed to resent any questions, and I left the office in tears. I do not require any health professional to be my BFF, but I do expect respectful professionalism.
We sincerely appreciate your comments and urge you to please, please call me to discuss. Thank you for your consideration - Bobbie Boyd, Director of Community Relations (480) 773-1816
Author:
Very pleasant on my first visit and professional. Listened to what I had to say, asked questions and immediately seemed to decide what tests were needed to confirm his suspicion. The lady receptionist at San Tan Valley was very nice.
Thank you for your comments! Bobbie Boyd, Director of Community Relations (480) 773-1816
Author:
Dr. Bell has been very helpful, considerate & easy to deal with, Highly recommended.
We appreciate comments and I am always available for further discussion at 480-773-1816. Thank you - Bobbie Boyd, Director of Community Relations
Author:
I have yet to see Dr. Bell, as I am seeing him due to a referral from another doctor for a pre-surgery clearance. Yesterday, after waiting all day for a return call from "new patient" scheduling, I would say I am already not impressed. The person who called was short, interruptive, with not a morsel of concern. In fact from the first hello, I thought I must be responsible for her bad day. I'll go here so I can get my surgery behind me, but I sure wouldn't if I was seeking a new doctor.
Please, please call me to discuss. Thank you - Bobbie Boyd, Director of Community Relations 480-773-1816.
Author:
I am very happy with Dr. Bell. He is kind, friendly, attentive and I would definitely recommend him should someone need a Dr. in this field.