Neurosurgery  |
Dr. David Baskin, MD
Dr. David Baskin, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Baskin is affiliated with Houston Methodist Hospital .

6560 Fannin St Ste 900

Houston, TX 77030

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Baskin

Dr. Baskin's Experience

Dr. Baskin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty

• University Calif
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984
  • University of California At San Francisco
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Baskin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Baskin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baskin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Baskin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baskin to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Baskin's Performance
Edinburg, TX |
From the moment I met Dr. Baskin, I felt like I had made the right choice. He took his time explaining every detail and answering all of my questions and my family’s questions. He is extremely professional yet very personable. He listens to your concerns, gives you straight answers and options, and discusses pros and cons. The surgery went extremely well and I am now back to a normal life. Dr. Baskin is the consummate professional. I highly recommend him!
Victoria, TX |
I don’t know how one adequately expresses their appreciation for someone you feel saved your life and whose knowledge and experience has given you a quality of life you didn’t have prior to surgery. Dr. Baskin and his staff truly care about his patients; I felt I was in great hands from the first time I spoke with Gail prior to my first appointment. Dr. Baskin is thorough, meticulous, honest, accessible, and takes time to get to know his pat
in Midlothian, TX |
Dr Baskin was great. He helped me make a plan of treatment, explained it all, followed up after surgery (on the weekend even) and his residents at Houston Methodist were all very helpful as well.
in El Paso, TX |
Very hight quality attention Easy to communicate Excelent results in my brain surgery I am grateful
Houston, TX |
Having access to Dr. Baskin for my brain surgery at Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas saved me from needing to go to Johns Hopkins, Mass General, or the Cleveland Clinic for the surgery and follow-up I was diagnosed for.
in FORT WORTH, TX |
Dr. Baskin has operated on my father twice for Glioblastoma. He is an amazing surgeon and has helped to give my dad 6 years and counting of LIFE!! All of his grandchildren, some were babies at the time of diagnosis, will have memories of their Papaw and for that I am forever thankful! Truly a genius who is using his God given gifts!
in Sugar Land, TX |
Pituitary tumor sounds scary - his office staff immediately put me at ease by telling me "relax, you are in great hands". Count your blessings if you are fortunate enough to have access to this extraordinarily talented surgeon. The initial meeting lasted 45 minutes, full explanation, video of the surgery, and all questions answered. Surgery went as planned, recovery fine, he also repaired my deviated septum which is life changing for the better. Research Dr Baskin; it is enlightening!
in San Antonio, TX |
I was living in Monterrey, Mexico and went to Houston where Dr. Baskin perform a surgery for me in March 1993 it was a meningioma and until today I am in a very good condition thanks to the professionalism and knowledge of this awesome Neurosurgeon.
in Crosby, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Baskin a year ago when a meningioma tumor and arachnoid cyst were found. He is a compassionate, humble, and phenomenal neurosurgeon. He spent a lot of time reviewing the scans and options with me and my husband. Dr. Baskin's abundant expertise and access to latest technology enabled him to drain the cyst and delicately shave the tumor off of the sylvan vein it was attached to and compressing. It's been 9 months since my brain surgery. I always refer everyone to Dr. Baskin.
in Laredo, TX |
I was so blessed to be referred to Dr. David Baskin! I was diagnosed with a very big tumor in my brain, and he completely removed it. I can not bless him enough to bring me back to life, he is more than extraordinary, and his staff is amazing! They truly can be called angels! He is a very gifted neurosurgeon. I recommend him 110%! He is the best!
in Discovery Bay, CA |
Removed my pituitary adenoma 14 years ago. Got it all. Disease cured. World class Doctor, world class staff.
in Houston, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Baskin after I was diagnosed with a very large brain tumor. After meeting with Dr. Baskin I was impressed with his compassion, knowledge and experience. I had so much confidence and believed that he was the doctor to remove the tumor with good results. He explained everything in detail and immediately scheduled my surgery. While waiting for the surgery his nurses were very helpful and understanding. He gave us his email address in case I had any questions. He is amazing!
Have you seen Dr. David Baskin, MD?
Are you Dr. Baskin?