Dr. David Barnett, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. David Barnett, MD

Dr. David Barnett, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Barnett is affiliated with Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, Methodist Hospital for Surgery and Baylor Medical Center at Uptown.

...See Less

Dr. Barnett's Care Philosophy

As a Neurosurgeon, I understand the stress and frustrations of patients with neurological or spine conditions and strive to provide them with individualized treatments that address their concerns and meet their needs. During a visit, patients should expect to be thoroughly counseled regarding the natural course of their condition and the risks and benefits of the options that are available to them in straightforward terms.

Dr. Barnett's Experience

See how Dr. Barnett's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Barnett

Dr. Barnett accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Barnett is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Barnett has admitting privileges.

Dr. Barnett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barnett to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Barnett's Performance
Atlanta, GA |
I feel very fortunate that a friend recommended Dr. Barnett when I required surgery for a herniated cervical disc. I found Dr. Barnett and his team to be highly professional, compassionate, sincere, and committed to providing top notch patient care. I am extremely pleased with my outcome and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Barnett to my friends and family members.
in Grand Prairie, TX |
Dr Barnett and his staff are very friendly and professional. When you're trusting your cervical spine to someone you want to feel comfortable with them. He comes highly recommended and I can see why. I'm not looking forward to surgery but after meeting with him today I'm not scared or dreading it anymore.
in Dallas, TX |
I felt very comfortable throughout the entire process and my recovery has gone incredibly well.
in Frisco, TX |
I cannot tell you how grateful I am to have went to Dr. Barnett for a second opinion on my spine. Dr Barnett is very compassionate, you can tell right away that he really cares about you and the best treatment option for you (and not his business). He doesn't rush in and out. After being told by a surgeon in Frisco that I needed surgery, Dr. Barnett told me that my condition is nowhere near severe enough to need surgery right now. He honestly is the best doctor I've ever met!
Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Barnett and his staff are superb. I am now 2 1/2 months post lower lumbar fusion and experience has been even better than anticipated. Of course, each patient is different as is their condition, yet his success hinges on your following his recommendations for you which in turn practically guarantees your success. I rehabbed at Baylor Institute of Rehab and that was also an excellent experience. If he accepts you as His patient for surgery you know he believes you and he can do it!!
in Wilmington, N.C. |
Twice while in hospital, following back surgery, I was accused by Dr. Barnett that the only reason I came back to be admitted was to get more on that with his finger pointing to my medication pump. The first time it happened I overlooked it, but the second time his action almost killed me. I will he WAS NOT my primary MD on the case, Dr. Shad Bidawalla was. By not listening to my complaints there was a massive infection in my back. I had surgery & spent the summer at MCP.
in Dallas, TX |
Prior to the lamenectomies Dr Barnett performed on me I hadn't felt my toes in 2 1/2 years!! I felt my toes at the absolute instant I awaken for surgery!!!
Frisco, TX |
Dr. Barnett is an excellent surgeon with a great bedside manner. His office staff are polite and professional. My medical care was handled in a professional and caring manner from my first office visit through my last post-op visit. I would highly recommend Dr. Barnett to others.
in Dallas, TX |
The Dr. is fine but the office staff needs help in customer service.
in Grapevine, TX |
It has been 9 months since my 82 y.o. dad?s back surgery. He had stenosis at L4-L5 and underwent a fusion. Before his surgery, he was heading toward needing a wheel chair. Three months after his surgery, my dad was back to his usual daily exercise program which consists of lifting weights, walking, and anything else he wants to do. He has returned to his usual activities such as hunting and family events. Dr. Barnett is a sincere and caring physician who I highly recommend.
Have you seen Dr. David Barnett, MD?
Are you Dr. Barnett?

Compare Dr. Barnett

Dr. Barnett's Care Philosophy

Dr. Barnett's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Barnett has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Barnett's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

Emory University

Completed in 1996

Texas Tech University

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Barnett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barnett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Brain Tumor Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Craniotomy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy