Dr. David Bailie, MD

Sports MedicineMaleAge 56

Dr. Bailie

Arizona Institute for Sports Knees and Shoulders

690 N Cofco Center Ct Phoenix, AZ 85008

Dr. David Bailie, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Indiana University / School of Medicine medical school in 1990. He is affiliated with HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bailie to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Sports Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Bailie treats your condition or procedure

• Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Systemic Chondromalacia

Dr. Bailie accepts

Dr. Bailie accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Dimension Health
Worker's Compensation
Golden Rule
Health Net
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Premera Blue Cross
Heritage Signature

Dr. Bailie's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bailie

Dr. Bailie?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (97)
  • Explained conditions well (96)
  • Office environment (96)
  • Appointment was rushed (11)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (10)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (8)
Dr. Bailie recommended that I have a hemiarthroplasty on my left shoulder. This shoulder has had three previous surgeries as a result of massive injuries due to competing on the still rings in college more than 45 years ago. The surgery went great! Dr. Bailie's knowledge and skill, along with Todd Ellenberger's (DPT) helped me regain full use of this shoulder which prior to the surgery was essentially useless. I have no restrictions and I routinely participate in sailing, bowling, swimming, etc. I have been living in San Diego since just a few months after my surgery but I return annually for Dr. Bailie to x-ray and check how I'm doing. Now more than 8 years post-op and the shoulder is doing great! Dr. Bailie has my highest recommendation!
Rick H – Apr 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
This is the 2nd time I’ve been to Dr Bailie! I would not go to anyone else! Love his staff at the Scottsdale location!
Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
I broke my humerus bone in 4 places an accident at work in June 2020. Dr. Bailie suggested to wait a month to see if it would heal on its own and it did! I am extremely grateful that I did not have to have surgery. During my care the PT worked closely with Dr. Bailie who gave specific instructions to my PT who said Dr. Bailie is the one of the best in AZ. My results were great. I couldn't be happier with the care I received and the mobility I have with my arm and shoulder at 98%. Thanks Dr. Bailie!!
Karen Haas – Mar 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
My fiance hurt his shoulder and is under workman's comp. This is the 3rd time he has gone down to see Dr. bailie, today he was sent home and told he doesn't know what's wrong with his shoulder and that he should just quit his job. ARE YOU JOKING? Dr. david bailie should be fired. He doesn't give a crao about anyone, he just wants a check
Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
My wife’s sister, a medical professional at the Piper Surgery Center where I had my shoulder replacement surgery, recommended Dr. Bailie to me. Dr. Bailie is an accomplished surgeon who has performed shoulder replacement surgery many times over a number of years. Even though he is an experienced surgeon, Dr. Bailie does not treat the surgery as “routine.” He takes the utmost care and is a perfectionist. The result I got was tremendous, and I couldn’t be happier. Importantly, Dr. Bailie insists that the patient use physical therapist Todd Ellenbecker, with whom he has developed the protocol for shoulder rehab. Todd and his team have been terrific. You must work hard during rehab, but Todd makes the painful experience of physical therapy as “enjoyable” as possible. I am now halfway through my 12-week physical therapy and I am pain free, which is a testament to both Dr. Bailie and Todd.
Dave P – Dec 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
This arrogant dr. moonlites for workmens comp, when ever they need a doctor to rule in their favor, they go to their list of needed doctors and in this case, that happen to be dr bailie for the favor. The wife was set up for a two hour appointment, she arrived on time and was released within TEN minutes of seeing him, did very little physical examination, released my wife to go back work. Going back to her regular doctor and treated after the elective surgery ban was lifted, her doctor fround a chipped bone lodging in her shoulder causing the severe pain. What a quack, he gets paid $1500 for less than 10 minutes of seeing her and workmens comp gets what they wanted from him. Would be the last doctor i would recommend. Oh, this is the second time writing a complaint, seems the first was removed. bryan
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
bryan sondburg – Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
Easiest shoulder surgery I have ever had, and I had two prior. I will never go anywhere else for Ortho issues. Dr. Bailie is amazing. Staff is kind and helpful. His skill is second to none. I work in PT and see how well his patients do as well. It is why I chose him.
Sherri – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
Dr Bailey and his team are a remarkable group of very talented professionals. My experience has been super.
Eugene Cupps – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
This is the doctor that will repair your shoulder correctly, the first time. At Physical Therapy, I heard stories from multiple patients having to re-do their shoulder surgery and Dr. Bailie was always the doctor that fixed it. And, my recovery time was half as expected. Thank you Dr. Bailie!
Thomas Angell – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
DR Bailie and staff were very helpful with me and dealing with my injury... office staff respond quickly to your needs and helping with medical and employer paperwork ...kept you posted on surgery dates and what was needed so there were no surprises..would recommend DR Bailie and his office anytime you need to see a specialist in knee or shoulder injury.
craig – Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
Dr. Baile provided a no-nonsense approach to my shoulder surgery which instilled confidence and professionalism. I was fixed up, referred to a great physical therapist, and recovered dramatically fast, and strong. The staff at AzIsks are professional and efficient, and made the admin aspects quick and easy. I would HIGHLY recommend Baile and his staff to anyone looking for a quality surgeon and experience.
Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
Dr Bailie repaired both my shoulders this year. My right shoulder had a quite large tear requiring 3 anchors. I was back to work As a hairdresser after a week with help. The sling Dr Bailie gave me allowed a good amount of movement that allowed me to work. Its 7 months post surgery and im out target shooting. I followed Davids “orders” religiously and have been diligent with physical therapy and have continued exercises at home. I have never felt better and am forever grateful to Dr Bailie. I cannot recommend anyone more! He was also very good about answering any of my questions and concerns. He and his staff are highly professional. I have been given my active life back again!!
Laurie Neshem Roeckner – Nov 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
I was so pleased with the results of my shoulder surgery. I would highly recommend them to my family and friends. I haven't felt this great for many years.
Kimberly Anderson – Sep 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
After 7 years of pain in my shoulder, I now have no pain and full range of motion thanks to DR. Bailie and the Azisks Staff.
Matt V in Payson, AZ – Jun 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
I am very pleased with the results of my shoulder replacement. I am looking forward to having my other shoulder replaced in several months. I have dealt witj my shoulders for 20 years, it will be wonderful to have no pain and to regain range of motion. Thank you very much Dr. Bailie
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
We moved to California but after a failed surgery in SoCal, I came right back to Dr. Bailie who undid what the other surgeon did and redid the surgery the way it should have been done the first time. Lesson learned - i will always travel back to AZ to see Dr. Bailie - he's the best in the business and I learned the hard way.
Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
Despite the fact that the injuries to my shoulder were old and I am nearly 70 myself, Dr. Bailie was able to fix it! The surgery was a breeze, I am healing fast, and on the path to getting back to my sports activities. If you are willing to do the work that he recommends, than you too can experience the joy of getting your body back to its maximum potential!
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
At the age of 42, I was diagnosed with a degenerative shoulder and told there was no solution other than a full replacement. At 50, I learned of Dr. Bailie and his team. In Sept 2018, Dr Bailie performed his Copeland procedure as well as repaired my rotator cuff and bicep tendon. He and his team were amazing - quick to respond to everything, extremely informative and genuine people to work with. After 5 mo. of therapy, I am playing catch with my boys after being unable to do so for 8 yrs.
Ron Phelan in Houston, TX – Mar 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
@Guy who is doing a workman's comp claim. Dr Bailie has worked on me and my wife. I had surgery on my knee about every 5 years. After Dr Bailie worked on my knee and my wife's, we've had no issues. I'm sure you are faking it.
Gary in Chandler, AZ – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?
Dr. Bailie is a highl skilled and confident surgeon. His experience allows him to quickly diagnose conditions and offer solutions. My wife and I have both used Dr. Bailie and could not be happier. He is very clear about what to expect before, during and after surgery. We recommend him highly. And...his staff is excellent.
TP in Scottsdale, AZ – Feb 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Bailie, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bailie?

While training at several of the most prestigious institutions in the world, Dr. Bailie learned that superior outcomes included high patient satisfaction...Read more

Dr. Bailie founded AzISKS in 2015 in an effort to change how specialty Orthopedic Care is delivered. Due to drastic changes in the medical landscape over...Read more

• Sports Medicine