Dr. David S. Bailie, MD

Dr. David S. Bailie, MD

Sports Medicine | Male | 52 years old

Dr. Bailie specializes in Sports Medicine and practices in Scottsdale, AZ. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Bailie? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Bailie's Experience

See how Dr. Bailie's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bailie

Dr. Bailie accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bailie has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Bailie's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (64)
Dr. Bailie Says:

in Ann Arbor, MI |
Mr. Bailie is intelligent, funny, and great at what he does! I feel good as new!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Great communicator ... up front and to the point. Set realistic expectations and really over delivered. Could not be happier with the work he did on my shoulder.
in Casa Grande, AZ |
Dr. Bailie was excellent on every aspect of my shoulder injury. He is very upfront, to the point, helpful and very thorough. One thing though is confirm your appointment a week or two before. Overall I am very glad that Dr. Bailie was my surgeon.
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr. Bailie successfully repaired my massively torn rotator cuff after another surgeon told me he thought my shoulder was inoperable. While Dr. Bailie informed me because of the damage he saw that I might not heal completely and that it might take 12 to 18 months to feel pain free, I was back playing tennis and scuba diving 5 months post op. I would definitely recommend consulting with Dr. Bailie's for anyone with major shoulder pain.
in Payson, AZ |
Dr. Bailie is a consummate professional surgeon who has the best interest of his patients first and foremost in his mind. He did two total shoulder replacements on me within three months and I have full mobility and almost normal strength in both shoulders in less than three additional months. The reason I selected Dr. Bailie is the fact that he also did surgery on my son with 100% success. Dr. Bailie is a straight forward doctor with advice that leads to success. His surgical skills are amazing
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Met Dr Bailie when I dislocated shoulder playing ball: broken arm, torn biceps & labrum, shredded rotator cuff. As 61 yo dentist and athlete, I was devastated. Dr Bailie said he’d get me back to full function. Post-op pain was short-lived. With great PT staff was back to sports in under 6 mths. At fantasy camp 11 mths after surgery, I hit .500 with 3 doubles; only thing that didn’t hurt after week of baseball was repaired shoulder! Dr Bailie has great bedside manner to go with remarkable skills.
in Oro Valley, AZ |
Dr. Bailie is a truly gifted surgeon. I am 8 weeks out from a total shoulder replacement and am pain free with amazing range of motion. The entire surgical experience was positive, from Dr. Bailie's demeanor and professionalism to his equally professional and friendly staff. I am looking forward to having my other shoulder replaced, who looks forward to surgery for heaven's sake! I am so very grateful to Dr. Bailie and cannot recommend him highly enough. Worth any wait you may have to have.
in Barstow, CA |
If you are looking for a superb shoulder doctor, stop looking - you found one with Dr. Bailie! He is the best. Due to my numerous years of karate competition, both hip joints wore out and now my shoulder. I am very particular when it comes to finding a good surgeon to work on me. After seeing several Ortho?s in California and 3 years of research, I was fortunate to discover Dr. Bailie in Scottsdale. I am now 6 weeks post-op and all my osteoarthritis pain is gone. I was back to work 2 weeks!
in Tempe, AZ |
Dr. Bailie did a total shoulder replacement on me and I could not be happier. He knows his stuff!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Baillie did sugery on my knee six days ago . No pain at all !!!! I'm walking almost normal ! Very little swelling ! I can't begin to tell everyone this nightmare of pain is hopefully over from a work injury . He is highly appreciated and recommended if you are going through anything like this .
in Peoria, AZ |
He is a arrogant doctor. He does not read the notes, previous records. He made an incorrect diagnosis which shows that he clearly did not read the MRI. I would look elsewhere for a doctor.
in Peoria, AZ |
I saw Dr. Bailie today at the Scottsdale office. He had performed a total shoulder replacement for me several years ago and I went for a checkup. As before, I was impressed with Dr. Bailie's attentiveness to my needs and questions as well as his explanation of his diagnosis in layman's terms. His staff was tremendously helpful and kind to me. I highly recommend this practice and will continue to see Dr. Bailie and his staff for all of my shoulder needs.
in Greenwood, IN |
2007 I had a Copeland prosthetic device installed in my right shoulder. The results have been great! I can lift whatever I need to I play golf up t 100 times a year with no pain or discomfort in my shoulder. In 2014 I had Dr. Bailie performed the same procedure on my left shoulder. I played 86 rounds of golf in the 12 months following the operation. My insurance in Indiana would not cover an out of state surgery. I chose to pay the entire cost out of pocket. He is that Good!
Have you seen Dr. David S. Bailie, MD?
Are you Dr. Bailie?

Compare Dr. Bailie

Dr. Bailie says...

World renowned for shoulder surgery and related procedures.

Dr. Bailie says...

Dr. Bailie and his staff at AZISKS are always available by phone and email to handle your questions, concerns or any other patient needs. Dr. Bailie is personally reachable EVERY DAY at dsb@AZISKS.com. He is always adapting and changing his practice based on patient feedback to provide patients with a better experience. Please provide us with any feedback you feel is important to make the patient experience better. Please visit www.AZISKS.com for useful information

Dr. Bailie's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Bailie has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bailie's Board Certifications

• Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Baylor University Med Center

Completed in 1996

University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1986

Dr. Bailie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bailie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine

• Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.