Dr. David Baggett, MD

Family Medicine •  Male • Age 68

Telehealth services available

Dr. David Baggett, MD is a Family Medicine Specialist in Summerville, SC and has over 43 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Medical University Of South Carolina medical school in 1977. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Trident Medical Center and Trident Health System - Summerville Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Baggett to book an appointment.

Summerville Primary Care

New Patient?
Summerville Primary Care299 Midland Pkwy Ste A Summerville, SC 29485

Dr. Baggett's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Baggett

3.6

Dr. Baggett?
What People Say About Dr. David Baggett, MD
I've been seeing Dr. Baggett for a few years now. The entire staff is has been great! Recently, during the Covid-19 Pandemic, I became ill. I have received calls almost daily to check up on me and my wellness. They have gone beyond what anyone could ask. We all know how busy doctors are right now and they still find the time to check up on you. This sends a clear message that they actually care about the patient not just the dollar like some places might. I highly recommend Dr. Baggett and his office if you are looking for a new doctor.
Robert W. – Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Baggett for years now. He is interested in the well being of his patients and always open to hear your thoughts on your illness. He doesn't rush in and out like many doctors. If you feel like something isn't working he'll change it, but he'll also tell you when something isn't the best option. His assistants and staff are very friendly and the overall environment is good.
Neil G. – Nov 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
Dr Baggett is a professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate physician. However, his is office manager and several of his office staff are thoughtless and rude to the point of recently telling me that I was not "allowed" to speak with Dr. Baggett about how they treated me. When I recently tried to schedule an appointment I was told my chart was inactive and I had to speak with the office manager prior to scheduling an appointment. I was not allowed to schedule the appointment for an urgent medical need and was forced to seek medical attention elsewhere. I have been a patient for over 30 years and have sent many family and friends to Dr Baggett prior to experiencing the tactics of the current office management team. It is with regret that I leave the practice but this "power" behavior has been demonstrated consistently enough that I no longer feel I have safe access to my physician.
Aug 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
They must hire med school drop outs here because no one knows what they're talking about. Worst doctors office I've ever been to. The doctor will be busy so they'll pawn you off on some nurse who doesn't know how to do her/his job. You'll basically pay to be treated like a lesser human being and theyll also gauge your insurance saying that their (uneducated) nurses are counted as specialist instead of just regular doctors. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Sean in SUMMERVILLE, SC – Feb 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Baggett's office for a few years. I loved Stephanie his PA so stayed then Julie came also great! Although you can tell the office staff is all about the money. When you put a $60.00 balance over the health of your patients you have a problem! They want me to schedule another appointment to change medication Brandon told me he would on my visit last month!! And now I find out there is $60 balance so they say my records cannot be accessed to send to new Dr. office. WOW
Angela Crump in Summerville, SC – Oct 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
Great doctor!! I been going for 36 years He is like family.??
Linda owens in Ladson – Oct 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
I am sure his public relations firm spent a great deal of money to have him voted best dr, but I can only assume the voters confused him with Ted Danson. He graced my father and I with a cameo appearance and his PA was seemingly surprised by him not taking my father off of any of his medications but no further action was taken. We were pressed to book for a follow up but I can catch Becker in reruns and save a lot of time and money. Would no star if possible.
Jinny in Orangeburg , SC – Sep 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
i have been dealing with doctor Baggett for about 9 years he has an outstanding bedside manner which is unmatched his staff is a reflection of him from top to bottom if you visit him you will feel better even before you leave his office because of the relaxing pleasant experience you just had I would greatly recommend him to one and all without reservations
gregory smith sr in ladson, SC – Jul 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
For almost 19 years my husband, our son and I have been patients of Dr. David Baggett's in Summerville, South Carolina. We are fortunate to have him at the center of all our medical needs from everyday family health to our medical journeys including cancer (twice) and complex heart health. I will keep this review short and truthful as I make this statement: Quality is alive and well in Dr. David Baggett and his entire staff. Having him in our lives is a blessing.
Betsi Green in Summerville, SC – Jun 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
Never even saw the doctor as his policy is to not meet first time patients.
Elena Castresana in Summerville, SC – May 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
Awesome doctor ....aweful staff and bookkeeper.....bully.... unprofessional only thing concerned with is your wallet not you as a patient.....
Timothy Murray in Summerville SC – Apr 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
Wasnt happy where i had been going so i decided to give Dr. Baggetts office a try. BIG MISTAKE! What should have been a simple visit turned into one of the worst experiences of my life. I was never given a chance to talk and never saw a doctor. The office manager/doctors wife was the only one who spoke to me. She was a condescending bully. She told me i didnt need my medication and i had "outgrown" my disorders. This was only the tip of the iceburg.
Summerville – Mar 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
This is a follow up on a review I made in Feb 2016. Mistakingly I wrote a review based on a 1 time unpleasant visit to see Dr Baggett. He has been my Dr. for over 30 years and I drive 2 hrs to see him. I have continued to make this drive and always will because of the faith and trust I have in Dr Baggett to provide me with the best possible care at any given time. His staff has proven to be caring in person as well as on the phone. Thank You for being the best!!
Kathy W in Ridgeway, SC – Jun 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
My family moved to the area and needed to find a new doctor. We made an appointment with Dr. Baggett and his PA and are extremely happy with the high level of care we received. The staff at Summerville Primary Care is very friendly and willing to assist in a timely manner and ensured our transition to a new provider was seamless. Dr. Baggett and his PA are truly caring and extremely knowledgeable. We are happy to become patients of Dr. Baggett's at Summerville Primary Care.
Summerville, SC – Jun 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
I actually look forward to seeing my doctor! Love him!
Shannon in Summerville, SC – Apr 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Baggetts for about six years now, and I honestly look forward to seeing him at my appointment every three months. He is so kind and very understanding. He takes extra time when I need it and always makes me feel like his most important patient.
Rachel in Charleston, SC – Mar 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
At first back in 2000 he was a good fit, especially when Stephanie was his nurse, but since stephanie left it has been downhill. It seems every 6 months he has a new office staff that is poorly trained and extremely rude! It is very bad when you have to tell your doctor several times you are allergic to a medicine he is trying to push, he would push levaquin on me even though I told him several times that medicine had reacted bad on both myself and mother, still he kept trying, horrible Dr.
Bessemer, AL – Mar 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
Dr. Baggett is a one-of-a-kind, old school, compassionate doctor. Yes, you may have to wait to see him, as he always gives you the time you need. But, should not ever be over an hour, with his newer staff. The old staff would allow him to get behind over 2 hours. If you need to get in and out quickly, ask to see one of his PA's. They are all great!
Candice in Charleston, SC – Jan 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
I requested a new patient appointment with Dr. Baggett. I was asked to arrive 30 minutes prior to my appointment to complete paperwork. I arrived 30 minutes early, had paperwork completed and after waiting for an hour and a half I still had not been seen. At that point, I requested a refund and left. I never saw or met Dr. Baggett. One staff member advised me that it would not be a good fit for me and I should try an urgent care. Unbelievable!
Summerville, SC – Aug 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?
Not only a good Doctor,But a Good Men that been there for Me and My Family sense 01/1995. I Salute Doctor Baggett.
Harold Corley in Lincolnville, SC – Feb 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Baggett, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Baggett?

Dr. Baggett accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Baggett has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(843) 285-7820Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

Check if Dr. Baggett treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Baggett's conditions and procedures:

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Asthma
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bedsores
  • Skin Infections
  • Skin Surgery
  • Ulcer
  • Vaccination

We see patients from newborns to the very elderly. We promote wellness through encouragement towards a healthy lifestyle. We will often ask patients to come in annually for a complete exam. This is when we review whether all the cancer screens are up...

1980