Dr. David Auerbach, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 57

Dr. Auerbach

Southern California Orthopedic Institute

6815 Noble Ave Van Nuys, CA 91405

Dr. David Auerbach, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Van Nuys, CA and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from State University Of New York, College Of Medicine in 1987 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, orthopedic hand surgery, and more.

Dr. Auerbach's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Auerbach

2.4

Dr. Auerbach?
Dr. Auerbach's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Auerbach, MD
I enjoyed working with the Doctor and his staff. They were quick with following up on questions and checked in regularly on progress after surgery. The surgery center staff was excellent also.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Auerbach, MD?
Awesome from day 1 The entire Team has been outstanding. I am very pleased, and greatful for the care I have received.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Auerbach, MD?
I really like Dr. Auerbach. I was referred to him for a second opinion after another doctor recommended the most aggressive option for surgery on my arm. Dr. Auerbach recommended trying a brace and if that didn't work, then a much less aggressive and less risky form of surgery. I really appreciated the time he spent discussing my options and the logic for his recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Auerbach, MD?
I did not have the opportunity to see Dr. Auerbach. This review is of his office. The SCOI phone system is horrible and it took be two days to get ahold of the right person, and then over a week to get a phone call back. Dr. Auerbach's scheduler was caustic and rude on the phone for no apparent reason. No customer service, no patient care. I am shocked at how rude she was for no reason. Why go see a doctor when you have to deal with horrible staff like that. I am in shock by it. Wow
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Auerbach, MD?
Saw Dr. Auerbach last August for my broken elbow. He was very nice and put me at ease. He even used humor during our visit and was genuine in his concern for what happened to me. I felt so comfortable with him that I asked him about a ganglion cyst on my wrist. He suggested surgery. I had to postpone for several months but when I emailed the scheduling nurse, I got an immediate response and just had my surgery yesterday. No forgetting me in the shuffle. They are prompt and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Auerbach, MD?
Dr David Auerbach not only has a terrible bed side manner but his treatment of my elbow tendinitis was useless. It cost me $203.58 out of pocket for his treatment which was a complete waste of time and money. In addition, he padded the bill by ordering and ultrasound and an X-Ray for a condition that was obviously tendinitis. His cortisone shot might as well have been pure water since it was completely ineffective. I strongly advise any patients avoid him and find another orthopedist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Auerbach, MD?
I went in because I had suspected that I dislocated my shoulder. He answered a personal phone call while he was in the examining room with me. He never asked where I was feeling pain. Instead of addressing my elbow he pretty much ignored me and what I was trying to tell him while he fiddled on the computer. I felt so disrespected. He never addressed what happened with my elbow.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Auerbach, MD?
Dr. Auerbach took care of my rotator cuff problem without surgery. I was unable to lift my arm or get dressed without help for many months. I tried acupuncture, body work, yoga, everything non-Western-medicine first, to no avail. Dr. Auerbach examined & xrayed & identified a rotator cuff issue. He prescribed P.T. and a cortisone shot. First cortisone shot worked for a few months, then the pain came back. Second cortisone shot did the trick. I'm pain free and fully functional for 3 yrs now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Auerbach, MD?
Would not recommend this doctor as he has an unfriendly attitude and over all poor bedside manner. You cannot reach anyone easily and his voicemails are responded to in order of importance rather than a timely fashion. He genuinely does not really seem to care all that much about his patients and their health needs. Also had me waiting for an hour to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Auerbach, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Auerbach?

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

1987
1983

Memberships & Affiliations

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Auerbach accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Auerbach has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(818) 901-6600Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Auerbach's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Auerbach's Top Procedures and Conditions

Joint Pain

Dr. Auerbach treats Joint Pain more than 61% of his peers

Dr. Auerbach treats this condition more than 61% of his peers

Carpal Tunnel Release

Dr. Auerbach performs Carpal Tunnel Release more than 30% of his peers

Dr. Auerbach performs this procedure more than 30% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery, Endoscopic