Psychiatry  |
Dr. David Ahlberg, MD
Dr. David Ahlberg, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Jacksonville, NC. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 15 years.

144 Memorial Ct

• inHealth
  • Magellan Health Services

Learn about Dr. Ahlberg

Dr. Ahlberg's Experience

Dr. Ahlberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
  • Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Adult & Pediatric Psychiatry
  • Adult Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Pediatric Psychiatry

Dr. Ahlberg does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2002

Dr. Ahlberg has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ahlberg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ahlberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahlberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ahlberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ahlberg to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Ahlberg's Performance
Swansboro, NC |
This is not a place to go if you need help. They just hand out pills!! I would not bring my dog here. You get maybe five minutes with a real doctor. Other than the five minuets you get with him you are with young people that could care less about you and your problems they just want to make money. When the doctor does come in he is in a hurry and to busy to listen to you he talks about you with the other staff like your not even there. I gave a one cause you can't choose zero!!
Jacksonville, NC |
I only put one star because zero stars does not appear to be an option. I will save the long synopsis for the formal complaint, for here I will just say it wasn't until I was weighed, had BP taken, and was asked about medications I didn't recognize that the staff realized I was not the right patient. When I addressed the office administrator she said well sometimes if you have the same first name.....so I asked her, "is that what cracked your HIPPA code, a same first name?" She simply said yes..
Dr. David Ahlberg is a doctor who cares about his patients. I have been to many doctors feel free to try out as many doctors as you want, Dr. Ahlberg is by far the best.
in Jacksonville, NC |
Although I find Dr Ahlbergs methods to be a bit unconventional, he and his staff always address all of my issues. He has spent as much time as I needed, never rushed me. There has been psychiatric assistant that I thought was a little disorganized. It would be nice to see the same psychiatric assistant routinely to establish a relationship. But I never nave a problem seeing one with the doctor. All oif the room are very comfortable (except for one). And the cold therapy (ice cream) is a great!
in jacksonville, nc |
They are not there to help, him and his so called therapists are there to make money and one therapist in general is only interested in meds and getting laid by men. . Not to help. I was desperate to the point i was ready to die and begged for both their help but no of course, its a business about money right don't go here, you'll regret it. They don't care, its a job where all they see is crazy, not real intelligent people that they could help. need urgent help, go elsewhere.
Camp Lejeune, NC |
He's very knowledgeable and genuinely cares for his patients. He answers every question I ask, which is usually a lot. I've never been comfortable or happy with prior medication, and never noticed if anything made a clear difference. He's different than any other psychiatrist I've seen. He's worked with me for two years to find the best combination of treatments to allow me to lead my life. I am grateful to him for gifting me a sense of normalcy and the ability to be a person, even on bad days.
in Jacksonville , no |
Dr Ahlberg has treated my some for multiple mental disirders . He is always prompt , courteous and makes my son comfortable. He is also open late and is very flexible
You don't really actually talk to the actual Dr. You talk to an assistant the Dr comes in after and the assistant relays what you said to the Dr. A little awkward and unprofessional. It feels like you are a package being sent on conveyer belt. Time spent with the Dr is at most 5 minutes. I felt the Dr had issues listening. The assistant relayed my words to Dr that I was having a hard time. Dr replies Well it sounds like you are doing fine I will see you in Two weeks Needless to say I won't b
Have you seen Dr. David Ahlberg, MD?
Are you Dr. Ahlberg?

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Husky Health
  • inHealth
  • Magellan Health Services
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost