Dr. David Ahlberg, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Ahlberg

Jacksonville Childrens and Multispecialty Clinic

156 Memorial Ct Jacksonville, NC 28546

Dr. David Ahlberg, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Jacksonville, NC and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Loma Linda University School Of Medicine in 2002 and specializes in psychiatry, child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Ahlberg accepts

Dr. Ahlberg accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company
Health Net
inHealth
Magellan Health Services
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
MedCost
MedCost PPO
Molina Healthcare
Peach State Health Plan
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Check Dr. Ahlberg's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ahlberg's Top Procedures and Conditions

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

Dr. Ahlberg treats Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Ahlberg treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Ahlberg's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

5.128205128205129%

Dr. Ahlberg?
Dr. Ahlberg's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Ahlberg, MD
Felt like it was “cattle medicine “. Provider spent less than 5 minutes per visit and would only address one issue per visit. Thought giving you ice cream at checkout would make everything better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Ahlberg, MD?
I used to see Dr. Ahlberg when he was at Coastal Carolina Psychological Health Services and he was cool, listened, and seem to be genuinely interested in helping. I followed him to JCMC Mental Health because of that. Once there he seem to be less and less interested, I barely spent 5 minutes in a room with him, then when I was having other health issues he ended my care and sent me somewhere else. He had the other Dr with blonde hair forgot her name give me some lie how it was better for me, smh
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Ahlberg, MD?
This is not a place to go if you need help. They just hand out pills!! I would not bring my dog here. You get maybe five minutes with a real doctor. Other than the five minuets you get with him you are with young people that could care less about you and your problems they just want to make money. When the doctor does come in he is in a hurry and to busy to listen to you he talks about you with the other staff like your not even there. I gave a one cause you can't choose zero!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Ahlberg, MD?
I only put one star because zero stars does not appear to be an option. I will save the long synopsis for the formal complaint, for here I will just say it wasn't until I was weighed, had BP taken, and was asked about medications I didn't recognize that the staff realized I was not the right patient. When I addressed the office administrator she said well sometimes if you have the same first name.....so I asked her, "is that what cracked your HIPPA code, a same first name?" She simply said yes..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Ahlberg, MD?
Dr. David Ahlberg is a doctor who cares about his patients. I have been to many doctors feel free to try out as many doctors as you want, Dr. Ahlberg is by far the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Ahlberg, MD?
Although I find Dr Ahlbergs methods to be a bit unconventional, he and his staff always address all of my issues. He has spent as much time as I needed, never rushed me. There has been psychiatric assistant that I thought was a little disorganized. It would be nice to see the same psychiatric assistant routinely to establish a relationship. But I never nave a problem seeing one with the doctor. All oif the room are very comfortable (except for one). And the cold therapy (ice cream) is a great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Ahlberg, MD?
They are not there to help, him and his so called therapists are there to make money and one therapist in general is only interested in meds and getting laid by men. . Not to help. I was desperate to the point i was ready to die and begged for both their help but no of course, its a business about money right don't go here, you'll regret it. They don't care, its a job where all they see is crazy, not real intelligent people that they could help. need urgent help, go elsewhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Ahlberg, MD?
He's very knowledgeable and genuinely cares for his patients. He answers every question I ask, which is usually a lot. I've never been comfortable or happy with prior medication, and never noticed if anything made a clear difference. He's different than any other psychiatrist I've seen. He's worked with me for two years to find the best combination of treatments to allow me to lead my life. I am grateful to him for gifting me a sense of normalcy and the ability to be a person, even on bad days.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Ahlberg, MD?
Dr Ahlberg has treated my some for multiple mental disirders . He is always prompt , courteous and makes my son comfortable. He is also open late and is very flexible
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Ahlberg, MD?
You don't really actually talk to the actual Dr. You talk to an assistant the Dr comes in after and the assistant relays what you said to the Dr. A little awkward and unprofessional. It feels like you are a package being sent on conveyer belt. Time spent with the Dr is at most 5 minutes. I felt the Dr had issues listening. The assistant relayed my words to Dr that I was having a hard time. Dr replies Well it sounds like you are doing fine I will see you in Two weeks Needless to say I won't b
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Ahlberg, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ahlberg?

Jacksonville Childrens and Multispecialty Clinic