Dr. David Abrams, MD

Dr. David Abrams, MD

Cardiology  |

Dr. David Abrams, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 40 years. Dr. Abrams is affiliated with Seton Medical Center Austin, Seton Northwest Hospital, St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, Heart Hospital of Austin and St. David's Medical Center.

Austin Heart, PA.

3801 N Lamar Blvd Ste 300

Austin, TX 78756

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Abrams

Video

See how frequently Dr. Abrams performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Heart Disease
Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
Cardiovascular Stress Test

Dr. Abrams's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Abrams "The Mission of Austin Heart is to provide exceptional cardiac and vascular care to every patient every day with a spirit of warmth, friendliness, and personal pride."

• Cardiology

• Cardiovascular Disease
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Coarctation of the Aorta
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Endocarditis
  • Familial Atrial Fibrillation
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• ACE Inhibitor or Beta-Blocker Therapy
  • Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent

• University Of Texas Health Science Center-Sanantonio
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1980
  • University of Texas Health Science Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Value of Noninvasive Techniques for Predicting Early Complications in Patients with Clinical Class II Acute Myocardial Infarction., 1983

• French

Dr. Abrams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abrams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Heart Hospital of Austin

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Cardiac Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Abrams is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Abrams' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abrams to family and friends
Dr. Abrams' Performance
in Luling |
Dr. Abrams is the Best! He is intelligent, diligent, and caring. He's been my cardiologist for ten years., and I know what I'm talking about.
in Austin, TX |
Professional, thorough, detail-oriented, compassionate and a good listener. No waiting in the waiting room. Nice drinks and snacks too : )
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Abrams is very competent, organized and thorough. He listens and always asks if the patient has any questions or concerns. Often in today’s medical environment, there is a “rushed in and out for the next patient” atmosphere. Dr. Abrams always takes the necessary time to provide excellent professional expertise and medical knowledge in a caring way.
in Austin, TX |
I found Dr. Abrams to be thorough in his examination. His advice to have a stress test was on point and I have set it up. A very good listener who took notes the entire time of my visit. Definitely recommend him!
in Cedar Park, TX |
We really love Dr Abrams. He's very intelligent and explains in layman' terms. We have every confidence in his abilities and are so happy that he is the dr that we chose for heart health.
in Cedar Park, TX |
I have been going to Dr. Abrams for about 14 years.. I have had stents and by pass surgery and he gives the directions to the cardiologist that are doing the procedures He listens when I tell him if I am having any health issues and knows exactly what the next step should be. He is great!
in Lockhart, TX |
Dr. Abrams is simply the best. He diagnosed my husband's problem in about 5 minutes, but he didn't stop there. He went right down the hall and got us an appointment at Texas Arrhythmia, where they installed a pacemaker the same day. It just doesn't get any better than Austin Heart Hospital. The whole staff was outstanding from start to finish.
I give Dr David Abrams five stars unreservedly, and I would give him even more if it were possible. When I first went to see him, I wasn't even sure I had a problem, I was somewhat embarrassed to be consulting a heart doctor, of all things, for a little burning sensation in my chest. Turns out my LAD was blocked 99%, a situation called the "widow maker" when it occurs in men. If it hadn't been for Dr Abrams' knowledge and expertise, I would have been dead 19 years ago. You bet I recommend him!
Excellent care and good explanations..
Austin, TX |
Dr. Abrams is professional and efficient. He explains conditions and treatments and is receptive to questions.
in Austin, TX |
Dr Abrams is a great Dr. So far he as explained everything in detail so I can understand. He makes you feel comfortable even when your scared.
in Austin, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Abrams for 13 years. He is helpful, encouraging and always willing to listen.
in Austin, Texas |
Dealing with potential health issues is not to be taken lightly. Dr Abrams gets right to the point, listens to whats been going on, is very complete in looking a different symptoms. He is very direct on his communications and moves quickly to take action and recommendations. His staff treats everyone with a smile and cares that they are getting the proper care. Strong recommend.
in Spicewood, TX |
I've been seeing Dr. Abrams for over 25 years. He is certainly one of the reasons I'm still alive and healthy today.
in Austin, TX |
I really love and trust Dr. Abrams. He is down-to-earth and friendly, kind of unusual for a cardiologist, in my opinion. I love that at the end of the visit, he walks me out and hands me off to the person checking me out. But it is his knowledge that keeps me coming back...very smart doctor!
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Abrams is my primary cardiologist, and I have great confidence that he is in charge of my heart care. He communicates well with me, with another cardiologist who has a specialty skill that i have had need of, and with my family physician who needs to be in the loop.
in Austin, TX |
I was so impressed with Dr. Abrams at my husband's appointment that I scheduled a cardiac check up for myself. My husband has had some health issues that we had to rule out as being heart related, Dr Abrams was very thorough with the testing and it was determined not to be a heart issue.
in Round Top, TX |
Dr. Abrams is an outstanding cardiologist within an outstanding practice. He is focused, direct, considerate, and precise in his communication with the patient and other family members. When I was with him, I was the only thing he was concerned about. He is technically modern but with years of experience that he applied specifically to my situation. He is also an intense listener to what the patient and other family members say.
Spicewood, TX |
Very thorough with excellent explanations of everything he's doing and why.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Abrams always takes the time to talk to me and my wife and makes sure we understand what, and why, he is doing regarding my health care. In my opinion, he is an extremely good physician.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Abrams is great. He exhibits great confidence and knowledge of his field.. He has tirelessly answered all of my questions at each appointment.
in Austin, TX |
I have been under Dr. Abrams care for about 8 years and I find him a caring, taking his time to listen and ascertain that my questions and concerns were satisfactorily addressed. I thoroughly trust doctor Abrams.
Austin, TX |
The entire staff in Dr. Abrams was professional and courteous. Dr. Abrams is knowledgeable and direct. When I leave his office, I know what I am supposed to do.
in Round Rock, TX |
I came back to the Dr. after years away and having less than satisfactory tenure with another cardio. David immediately caught up with my history and adjusted my care making a difference in my quality of care and life. I trust him and thats number one for me.
in Austin, TX |
Dr, Abrams has been my doctor for several years He is always showing that he care about my health and stays on top of everything. I have great confidence in his decision that he makes on my medication and refills. His concern for my health is what I want to see in a doctor and I trust Him in all his decisions and fill very confident in his treating me as his heart patient. I would recommend my family and friends to use him. .
Austin, TX |
When it comes to cardiologists---Dr. Abrams is the best! He is very thorough, makes sure you understand his directions/diagnosis---does not talk "over your head". Every time I go for an appointment, I am amazed at the friendliness, efficiency, and care the the whole staff at Heart Hospital delivers to the patients. I always feel I am in good hands!
in Austin, TX |
I feel very fortunate to have Dr. David Abrams as my cardiologist. He is very caring and extremely knowledgeable in his field. I know I will always have good care and oversight from him. I recommend him very highly.
Austin tx |
The care was not to my satisfaction I was transferred to the transplant center after problems during an angiogram
in Austin, TX |
Dr Abrams is smart and highly professional. I have full confidence in his judgment and experience
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Abrams has been our family cardiologist since the 1980s when my Dad had a heart attack and was rushed to the ER. Thank God for us Dr. Abrams was on call. He has been our extended family cardiologist ever since.
in Austin, TX |
The Heart Hospital of Austin and specifically Dr Abrams have been a tremendous resource for me over the past year. Having been referred to him by surgeon Dr Scholl, I found Dr Abrams to be 1) very attentive, 2) very thorough, 3) very direct, and 4) very competent. When you leave his office you have a clear understanding of your condition if you listen to him. If you need other skills or referrals he is an advocate on your behalf and makes things happen with dessgretion. I recommend him.
in Lqgo Vista, TX |
Dr. Abrams is a wonderful, caring, and intelligent man. He made me feel at ease and very comfortable with all aspects of my appointment. I feel very lucky to have such a great doctor involved in my health care!
Austin, TX |
Dr Abrams is detailed and thorough. I felt very good about his diagnosis. My personal physician considers him a top diagnostician.
in Austin, TX |
He's a first rate doctor. I feel safe with him.
Have you seen Dr. David Abrams, MD?
Are you Dr. Abrams?

Visit Dr. Abrams

Dr. Abrams accepts 5 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Austin, TX 78759
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
2400 Round Rock Ave
Round Rock, TX 78681

More Cardiology Specialists like Dr. Abrams at Austin Heart, PA.

Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist