Dr. Dave Davis, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 85

Psychiatry

Dr. Dave Davis, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Atlanta, GA and has over 59 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from UNIV OF NC CHAPEL HILL SCH OF MED in 1963. He is affiliated with Piedmont Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Dave Davis, MD

Piedmont Psychiatric Clinic

35 Collier Rd NW Ste M215 Atlanta, GA 30309

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Davis' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Davis' Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent

Dr. Davis performs Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Davis performs this procedure more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Davis performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Davis performs this procedure more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Davis' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Substance Abuse

Dr. Davis accepts

Dr. Davis accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Davis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Davis

3.2

Dr. Davis

A unique, positive, life-changing experience
Dr. Davis provides me with excellent psychiatric and psychological care. His wealth of experience is evident. He is able to quickly drill into the most pressing parts of evaluating my well-being, functionality, mental health, and need for or adjustment of medication. This saves time during visits. No chit-chat about things irrelevant to what's needed to improve your condition. This is important: a visit to any psychiatrist are expensive! There are a few things that make Davis unique. He mediates his views of my condition(s) from the well-rounded perspective of a psychiatrist-psychologist. He is also determined to heal you. He doesn't let you slide out of conversations that may be a bit challenging and continuously works with you, not against you. I've seen several psychiatrists. Dr. Davis offers a unique and unmatched service. I *particularly* recommend him to folks who have tried other Drs. but did not "succeed" and believe they need different and further help.
  • Appointment was rushed
anon – May 29, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dave Davis, MD?
I have been a Psychiatric Patient in my life since I was seven year old. I had a Malignant narcissist for a Mom and a Paranoid Schizophrenic for a Dad and pretty much grew up in Catholic Rectories and that has always been home to me. Dr. David saved my life while I was in major seizures & I was not very kind to him at the time I was blaming even God for taking my only daughter and yes I adopted her only son who needed me to finish raising him and I did well. But I do owe Dr. Davis and Apology for my behavior when all he did was help me. Peace be with him, Jenny Marie Galloway.
Jenny Galloway – Jul 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dave Davis, MD?
On time; spent well over an hour with me and listened carefully. Good rapport
Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dave Davis, MD?
Dr Davis was very prompt & professional. I liked his manner- he listened to me& was helpful in enabling me to see some problems more clearly. I plan to return for another visit & would most definitely recommend him.
Mar 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dave Davis, MD?
Just can’t say enough good things about Dr Davis. He is caring and he listens. When things were really bad he found space for me in his scheduled. He stayed late once for an emergency. His office is really busy but I know if I really need him, he will be there. He uses medications only when he has to and he listened to my concerns about them. My cardiologist recommended him. The only bad part is that he is so good that everyone wants to see him. I Highly recommend him and his office.
DJ in Atlanta – Feb 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dave Davis, MD?
I have been consulting with Dr. Davis for 2 years. He is very much on time and very interested and helpful. Sometimes he explains things, occasionally confronts me with things I don't like to hear, but truly seems to care. Sessions are 45 minutes, which includes review of all my medications. The staff are very very helpful and the waiting room filled with interesting books, magazines and artifacts.
Feb 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dave Davis, MD?
While I will admit that Dr. Davis was NOT my favorite person when I first starting seeing him, I now know that his direct and "nonfluffy" approach has saved my life and my career. Unlike other psych MDs I had seen, he asked me difficult questions I didn't want to answer. I now realize that I needed Dr. Davis to guide me in realizing and addressing the issues that lead to some of my past poor judgment calls. He not only manages my meds, he actually LISTENS to my concerns and has empowered me.
KEK in Smyrna, GA – Apr 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dave Davis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Davis?