Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 43

Dr. Jamal

Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Pasadena, CA and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Finch University Hlth Scis-Chicago Med Sch and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry and psychiatry.

Make an appointment

Dr. Jamal accepts

Dr. Jamal accepts the following insurance:

We do not accept health insurance

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Jamal's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation

Helping people to get appropriate treatments instead of "chemicals," requires an accurate diagnosis that is specific to the patient.  The "one size fits all" model leads to the idea that psychiatric medications are shackles, and not treatments; ...

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jamal

Dr. Jamal?
Dr. Jamal's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD
Sincere. I like his way of explaining to me about my condition while acknowledging my needs and my goals to get better. His answer is realistic and makes sense. The better your mental health, the better your quality of life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD?
I could tell right away from the way he listened and explained his plan for treatment that he is really knowledgeable about ADD and very passionate & carrying about his patient's well being. I have no regrets for the past 9 years and going. Highly recommend him for any person suffering from ADHD or ADD..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD?
I consider the knowledge I received from Dr Jamal is great compared to what you hear and read. I feel I have a voice and that matters to me especially with mental health issue. Anxiety sucks period. Any relief is better. I am so fortunate that I feel only about 10-20% of what I used to feel before seeing Dr J. I like the fact he kept encouraging me to exercise and if he wasn't always reminding me otherwise I wouldn't do it, but now that I am, it's been an amazing "icing on the cake" as he says
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD?
He is the best doctor my son has ever been to. I am lucky I found Dr. Jamal. He take so time and listens to his patients. Overall he's an amazing doctor and I recommend him if your child is having any problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD?
I love Dr. Jamal's calm demeanor. He is one of the most caring Drs I've been fortunate to have found & worked with for the over 7-years. I was shocked to see that he had a bad review on here. Really, he's very sweet, explains everything, spends time and listens. His receptionist Roxana is just a doll, with exceptional customer service. I totally recommend Dr. Jamal as he is very knowledgeable, genuinely cares about his patients; he devotes most of his days to a non-for profit hospital in L.A.!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD?
Dr. Jamal is such an amazing doctor. I was absolutely amazed by his professional manner, intelligence, promptness, thoroughness, and kindness. He Takes his time and he is very patient. This level of dedication, personal availability and compassion from a physician is rare in the field of Child Psychiatry, especially when it comes to my son. A definite and unabashed recommendation for all those parents out there that need a top notch expert and help for their kid with ADHD or ADD.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD?
He over medicates and when you tell him you believe the drugs are causing more harm he has never heard of that side effect before. It is never the drug but a "symptom of your illness". After taking control of my life and tapering over 2 years off the 4 different drugs he put me on (not the 2 weeks he suggested that almost put me in the hospital) I am drug free. Lost the 30lbs I gained on meds, my blood work is now all normal, I no longer have low energy or depression. Beware!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jamal?