Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  |
Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD
Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Pasadena, CA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Jamal is affiliated with Keck Hospital of USC.

2810 E Del Mar Blvd Ste 14

Pasadena, CA 91107

Learn about Dr. Jamal

See how frequently Dr. Jamal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bipolar Disorder
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Jamal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Addiction Medicine
  • Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation

No malpractice history found for California.

• U.C.L.A.
  • Harvard Medical School
    Other Education | Completed

• Patient's Choice Award, 2009
  • America's Top Psychiatrists, 2010

Dr. Jamal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jamal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jamal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jamal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jamal to family and friends
Dr. Jamal's Performance
San Marino, California |
I could tell right away from the way he listened and explained his plan for treatment that he is really knowledgeable about ADD and very passionate & carrying about his patient's well being. I have no regrets for the past 9 years and going. Highly recommend him for any person suffering from ADHD or ADD..
in Los Angeles, CA |
I consider the knowledge I received from Dr Jamal is great compared to what you hear and read. I feel I have a voice and that matters to me especially with mental health issue. Anxiety sucks period. Any relief is better. I am so fortunate that I feel only about 10-20% of what I used to feel before seeing Dr J. I like the fact he kept encouraging me to exercise and if he wasn't always reminding me otherwise I wouldn't do it, but now that I am, it's been an amazing "icing on the cake" as he says
Glendale, CA |
He is the best doctor my son has ever been to. I am lucky I found Dr. Jamal. He take so time and listens to his patients. Overall he's an amazing doctor and I recommend him if your child is having any problems.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I love Dr. Jamal's calm demeanor. He is one of the most caring Drs I've been fortunate to have found & worked with for the over 7-years. I was shocked to see that he had a bad review on here. Really, he's very sweet, explains everything, spends time and listens. His receptionist Roxana is just a doll, with exceptional customer service. I totally recommend Dr. Jamal as he is very knowledgeable, genuinely cares about his patients; he devotes most of his days to a non-for profit hospital in L.A.!
in Pasadena, CA |
Dr. Jamal is such an amazing doctor. I was absolutely amazed by his professional manner, intelligence, promptness, thoroughness, and kindness. He Takes his time and he is very patient. This level of dedication, personal availability and compassion from a physician is rare in the field of Child Psychiatry, especially when it comes to my son. A definite and unabashed recommendation for all those parents out there that need a top notch expert and help for their kid with ADHD or ADD.
in Pasadena , CA |
He over medicates and when you tell him you believe the drugs are causing more harm he has never heard of that side effect before. It is never the drug but a "symptom of your illness". After taking control of my life and tapering over 2 years off the 4 different drugs he put me on (not the 2 weeks he suggested that almost put me in the hospital) I am drug free. Lost the 30lbs I gained on meds, my blood work is now all normal, I no longer have low energy or depression. Beware!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Daryoush Jamal, MD?
Are you Dr. Jamal?

See our Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center

Hospitals where Dr. Jamal has admitting privileges