Dr. Darwin Boor, MD

Clinical Neurophysiology | Male

Dr. Darwin Boor, MD
Dr. Darwin Boor, MD is a clinical neurophysiology doctor who practices in Greenville, SC. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Boor is affiliated with Bon Secours St. Francis Health System - St. Francis - Downtown and Greenville Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Boor's Experience

See how Dr. Boor's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Boor

Dr. Boor accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Boor has admitting privileges.

Dr. Boor's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Boor to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Boor's Performance
Taylors, SC |
I have been seeing Dr. Boor for 2 years. He has helped me where others couldnt. His office manager (Tomeka) is one of the best I have dealt with. Always returns calls and eager to help.
in Easley, SC |
Face to face time with Dr Boor 100% positive. Follow up with staff the worst ever!Attempted to have my prescriptions sent to Express Scripts. Numerous phone messages (they almost never answer directly ),one trip to the office after no luck. Office blamed Express Scripts. No response after one month and prescription expired. Went to my General Practitioner, she placed order withas me in office. MEDS arrived 1 week later.
Would not recommend this office to anyone who wants professional, timely treatment. I waited 6 weeks for a test which I called the office MANY times to ask about with no luck. I finally made a last desperate phone call and got the test scheduled the very next day. Which means I could have been 6 weeks further down the road to diagnosis and treatment if this office had acted with any efficiency or concern. When calling the office, you get options to leave messages which aren't returned.
in Simpsonville, South Carolina |
My husband was referred to Dr. Boor by St. Francis for heart problems (suspected to be electrical). Unfortunately we never got in to see the Dr. - he was turned away for not bringing medication BOTTLES, even though we had a full list from the patient portal. The office manager was extremely rude and snotty, and claimed to have notified us of this requirement via e-mail, which my husband never received. Do yourself a favor and find another practice. The staff here isn't worth dealing with.
Vienna, VA |
Very disappointed with this Doctor and his office. Office staff were rude. This doctor should be reprimanded by the board of physicians for the poor service that my daughter received. impossible to get a return phone call after leaving a message. Tried for 4 months to get this doctor and this office to call in an update to the settings of my daughter's CPAP machine and was never successful. Ultimately, after 4 months, we decided to go to the St Francis sleep center.
Greenville, SC |
Dr. Boor is a very friendly man but his front office manager is the worst.. His office never answers the phone and forget about getting a call back. I have been waiting for them to send paperwork for weeks meanwhile my husband is suffering from an MS Flair up. I would never recommend Dr. Boor to anyone and I cant wait for the referral to go through so we never have to deal with this again.
Greer, SC |
Dr. Boor is knowledgeable but your wait time at his office can get to over 2 hours. The office is unorganized and calls to the office often go unanswered and no one returns calls. Dr. Boor has definitely helped me but I dread making an appointment and going to his office. I once waited 3 hours just to get a follow-up prescription re-fill.
in Greer, SC |
Was not even able to get to see Dr. Boor at my appointment. Upon my arrival, with all the paper work completed, his staff would not let me see him and wanted to reschedule my appointment because I did not bring the actual Rx containers to the office. They would not accept the Bon Secours printed record of all my medications. I'm not sure what bringing bottles/boxes of Rx medication actually proves and was disappointed in my reception and declined to reschedule with Dr. Boor.
in Travelers Rest, SC |
Dr. Boor spent a long time with my husband and me; asked and answered lots of questions and gave clear and understandable opinions strategies for dealing with my husband's seizures. We never felt rushed. We left feeling more educated, more involved, and more confident in his care and attention.
in Greenville, SC |
My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Boor's for three years and he has guided her through three of the most difficult years she has ever encountered. Upon the recommendation of three different specialists, my daughter and I made an appointment with Dr. Boor. He spent an hour with us determining what the underlying cause of her many of her issues were, prognosis, and treatment options. If you, the reader of this review, becomes a patient of Dr. Boor's, you may have an hour-long wait, but Dr. B
Greenville, SC |
Office staff is terrible, high staff turnover. Ten years again it was okay but now can't get simple things done like calling back after leaving a VM or gettng a prescribtion refilled. The way times there are also very bad. It it a least a hour and a half wait to be seen by the Dr.
in Woodruff, SC |
Dr. Boor is knowledgeable. I appreciate his expertise and I trust his decisions. However, his staff and office is abhorrent. The office is old & smelly. Not well kept. Calls go unanswered & voicemails are unreturned. You'd almost think they were working for free since there is no sense of urgency. There has always been a long wait to see Boor but most recently I waited over an HOUR *after* my appointment time & ended up leaving. It took an entire week to have my co-pay refunded.
in Taylors, SC |
Dr. Boor is a very good doctor, but is office help is awful. They do not answer phones, respond appropriately, or have any knowledge or interest in insurance claims. Very inept.
in Greer, SC |
Dr. Boor shows excellent attention, care, and concern for his patients. He is very intelligent, competent, and proficient. As a person with a background in psychology and biology, I trust his medical expertise, knowledge, and judgment based on my conversations with him. Dr. Boor is willing to take the time to explain a patient's condition and the treatment to him. He practices patient-centered medicine rather than a practice-centered model. I have recommended him to several friends.
Have you seen Dr. Darwin Boor, MD?
Are you Dr. Boor?

Compare Dr. Boor

Dr. Boor's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Clinical Neurophysiology
      •  Board certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine
      •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Boor has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Boor's Board Certifications

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
      • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
      • Insomnia
      • Meningiomas
      • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
      • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
      • Myasthenia Gravis
      • Myoclonus
      • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
      • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
      • Nerve Sheath Tumors
      • Polymyositis
      • Polyneuropathy
      • Post-Concussion Syndrome
      • Postherpetic Neuralgia
      • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
      • Rasmussen's Syndrome
      • Stroke
      • Syncope
      • Thrombosis
      • Tic Disorders
      • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
      • Traumatic Brain Injury

Graduated in 1983

Uc Irvine
        Uc Irvine
        Emory University

Dr. Boor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Boor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Clinical Neurophysiology