Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 57

Dr. Dirisio

Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Albany, NY and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from UMDNJ-- New Jersey Medical School in 1989 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Dirisio accepts

Dr. Dirisio accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Dr. Dirisio treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Myelopathy

Dr. Dirisio treats Myelopathy more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Dirisio treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Autoimmune Myelopathy

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Intracranial Vessel Angioplasty and Stenting
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

3.4

Dr. Dirisio?
Dr. Dirisio's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD
I’ve had a previous surgery with Dr. DiRisio that went flawlessly. My pain was well controlled, but medication was not over prescribed. I had to go back for a third surgery and everything went well while I was in the hospital. I was told I would go home with a 2 week, short course of low dose pain medication. I was given a 3 day supply, and was not able to be prescribed steroids, for inflammation and pain, because of an allergy. I called the office 5 days post operative, still in severe pain, and they did nothing. They did not bring me in sooner to be seen, when I asked if I should go to the ER, the nurse replied, “for what? They aren’t going to do anything different”. I was put through excruciating pain, and then they want me to do physical therapy! I was discharged from the hospital the next day (without Dr.DiRisio asking if I was comfortable with that), he stated, “we’re going to get you out of here now”. I’m disappointed and feeling like I’m nothing but a number or a piece of trash
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
I've seen him and his NP's many times. They are amazing from the minute you call to the minute you walk out the door. Their assistant knows what she's doing and gets everything done quick. I think everyone just needs to remember this is still a specialist office and their are other patient's I know just the few times I've had to call in an issue it was dealt with right away even when I left a voice mail. I give Dr. DiRisio and his team 1000% thank you all!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
Dr Jeckel and Mr Hyde. Only gave him 1 star because I can not give zero. Stay away from this guy. You were warned.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
After enduring intake from a woman who appeared to be on her first day on the job and had zero people skills we waited about 90 minutes to see the good Dr who spent about 7 minutes listening to us and concluded he had no recommendations to resolve chronic debilitating back pain other than to swim for a few months. Nurse spent more time with us but ignored family concerns. In the end they were very good at tilting their heads and looking sad because they had no answers for us. Dr hurriedly left.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
No recommendation he does not seem to care if it will cause him to much trouble.I feel he is lead around by his nose by Karen.Sent me for a 2nd opinion for numbness from left side all the way to my foot.When told was not the cause by vascular Dr he said he had no answer then. When I said the ins co wants a answer he said why don't you just blame the other I am a Dr I just want to operate not get involved with that. I was furious and walked out after a few choice words.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
Dr. Dirisiio was excellent to me. I came in with a broken back in to separate bones. I receive the upmost care one could ask for. He explains everything. He’s compassionate and for someone that is so good he has great bedside manner. I would recommend anyone that wanted the best care to go to Dr. Dirisio. His nurse practitioner Karen is also excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
Dr. Dirisio performed emergency cervical stenosis surgery on my 48 year old Downs syndrome son, John,on July 8, 2017. John was admitted at 10:00 pm Friday night and Dr. Dirisio operated at 8 am on Saturday morning. Dr. Dirisio met with my wife and me prior to surgery and explained in detail what was wrong with John and what he intended to do, and not do, and why. The operation went well and Dr. Dirsio followed up carefully over the next several days. We recommend him most highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
He treated me like an idiot. He drew an exaggerated version of the brain (to show me that my symptoms couldn't possibly be caused by my tumor/cyst), literally moving components of the brain into entirely different areas. His answers to my questions were basically, "because it just is." It was so frustrating,I literally cried in his office. I definitely didn't matter to him, and His dismissiveness and arrogance showed that my presence was a waste of his time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
When we learned my husband had to have emergency ACDF surgery we were referred to Dr. Dirisio by a colleague whose son he had previously operated on. Having never met him, we were immediately put at ease regarding what Joseph was facing. He explained everything in terms we could understand, thoroughly reviewed his medical history to determine what he would be facing and calmly reassured us during times of anxiety. Words can not express how deeply grateful we are. God bless you Dr. Dirisio
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
Without a doubt the worst doctor I've ever seen. Derisive, arrogant, and unprofessional. Did not even bother to examine me before telling me my cervical spine pain was all in my head. Several months later another, more prominent local doctor did a complete disc replacement at c5/6 and I am pain free. Darryl needs to get out of the medical field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
On December 16, 1996, I was in a horrible car accident which brought about a syrinx in my C-spine (the neck area). After going to three doctors, Dr. Dirisio was the one who saw the syrinx, diagnosed the Syringomyelia, and proceeded to operate. As a result, he saved my life,my ability to use all of my extremities; I owe it all, everything, to the kindness, compassion, savvy, and talent of Dr. Dirisio. Thank you, Dr.D... you are the best. Please come back to Philly — I need your expertise!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
Dr, Dirisio was "too busy" to see me in person, so my first appointment was with an NP named Karen who was also "too busy" to answer my questions. She literally remained standing, with her hand on the door, when I tried to ask her questions. "I have other patients to see," she kept saying. The message I get from this office was: you're not worth our time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
Very knowledgeable, and very willing to answer questions. I asked him what he would do if he was the patient. He told me very honestly without pulling punches and said he always asks himself that question with his patients. I wish other Docs would ask themselves the same question. I found him outstanding as a physician and as a human being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
First: Making an appointment was a three week and frustrating rude challenge Second: my appt was the first of the morning with a NP, (the dr had all patients screened first by NPs), after waiting 50 minutes in the examining room, I told the nurse I had been waiting for the FIRST APPT OF THE DAY!! Third: when the NP arrived one hour late, she perfunctorily examined me, gave me curt recommendations and could not answer my questions except with quips conveying that I was incapable of understanding
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
Dr. DiRisio is definitely knows what he's doing!!! My surgery and recovery went exactly as he described it. My numbness and pain that I was experiencing in both legs went away immediately. I have recommended him to family members, hopefully they follow through and make an appointment with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?
I like and trust Dr. Derisio but that's where it stops. He sent me for a better possibility years ago which is why I went back to his office when things got bad. The staff is cordial, although purposefully and it's evident. Check in and out is a mess and make major mistakes often. The Nurse practitioners miss read films and apparently don't read the reports. Serious pathology and pain? No narcotics plain and simple regardless of other treatments failure. Not a drug addict and treated me like one
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darryl Dirisio, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dirisio?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Dirisio treats patients.

Compare Providers