Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Darron Bacal, MD
Dr. Darron Bacal, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Orange, CT. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

325 Boston Post Rd Ste 1A

• EmblemHealth
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Bacal

See how frequently Dr. Bacal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diplopia
Exotropia
Esotropia

Dr. Bacal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Eyelid Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Orbital Decompression and Orbitotomy
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• JEFFERSON MED COLL-THOS JEFFERSON UNIV
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Staten Island University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Bacal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bacal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bacal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bacal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bacal to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Bacal's Performance
in East Hampton, CT |
Dr. Bacal came recommended to us when my son was 2 by our pediatrician. He was deemed the best in the state. Exactly what I was looking for and to hear as my son's eye was beginning to cross in. After scheduling an initial appointment, I was hearing his name all over! Kids school, around town, and at work! A clear good sign. He performed surgery about a year later with great success. Dr. Bacal is a phenomenal surgeon/physician. We moved and I STILL drive my son to him. I would highly recommend!!
Fairfield, CT |
Dr. Bacal is an excellent pediatric ophthalmologist who is clinically astute with an impressive background. Any child in his care is fortunate to have his expertise and input.
in Ansonia, CT |
Dr Bacal is an excellent physician. He was able to quickly diagnose our daughter with a rare eye cancer (retinoblastoma) and help us to get the best treatment for her. Because of his quick diagnosis, our daughter's eye was saved and some vision restored. He is our eye physician for both of our children and is highly qualified and recommended.
in Fairfield,Ct |
Dr.Bacal shows compassion and empathy towards my daughter. He has been her doctor for 5 yrs now. She recently had surgery on both eyes. His knowledge and patience were outstanding. My daughter is 8 yrs old and she doesn't mind going for her eye exams. As a psych nurse and mom I would definitely recommend Dr.Bacal to my family and friends.
West Haven, CT |
Brought our 3month to see Dr becal. He was horrible! He never explained what he was doing and brushed off every thing I had said as if I was bothering him by bringing her there. He diagnosed her with severe nearsightedness and said she needs glasses but he would not give a prescription until she is walking. Just Delaying her development further.
Shelton, CT |
DR. Bacal has been great at every visit. My son's lazy eye has improved greatly due to his recommended treatment. He may not come off at first as warm and fuzzy to some people, but he knows his stuff and is definitely really nice if you ask him questions and get to know him better. He was also very professional in handling my 6 year old. My son has no problem doing all the eye tests and listening to him.
My daughter saw Dr. Bacal for a second opinion for exotropia and I can't say enough about what a positive experience it was. We were seen in the Shelton office and the staff was friendly and pleasant. Dr. Bacal was wonderful. He was very confident and knowledgeable--which really put me at ease. He took the time to answer my questions and was very patient. Overall, it was a great experience.
Even though Dr. Bacal doesn't give the warm and fuzzies, he is amazing. Always there to answer my many questions. He has provided is excellent guidance and resources for my sons ocular albinism and nystagmus.
Terrible. Long wait time and Dr. Bacal was so rude and treated me like I was an idiot. He didn't want to take the time to explain my 9 month old daughter's eye problems and responded to my questions as if I should have known the answer already. Will never go back there.
He was rude and scared my child then scolded me for not wanting to bear hug my child and force him to get eye drops. He's 4 years old and had a scarring episode with multiple doctors when he was 2. I thought the first time we went to see him,he may have been having a bad day which is why he was rude. After going again 2 years later and still having the same nasty attitude we will be going to a different pediatric eye doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Darron Bacal, MD?
Are you Dr. Bacal?