Dr. Darrin Hansen, MD

Dr. Darrin Hansen, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. Darrin Hansen, MD is a general surgery specialist in Draper, UT and has been practicing for 19 years. He specializes in general surgery, bariatric surgery, and more.Read his story

Utah Lap Band

74 E Kimballs Ln Ste 360

Draper, UT 84020

• Altius Health Plans
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • SelectHealth

Learn about Dr. Hansen

See how frequently Dr. Hansen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Obesity
Stomach Surgery

Dr. Hansen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hansen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hansen "Availability We provide patients with the opportunity to have same-day or near same-day appointments. We can usually provide operative care within the same week as the evaluation. Questions or concerns are usually addressed by Dr. Hansen or Stephanie, his physician assistant who are both involved with all aspects of your care. Communication We provide feedback to referring physicians about your care and results. We welcome interaction from referring physician about any questions that can be helpful to address the need for surgical consultation. Education We have fairly extensive website with information about common surgical conditions for patients understand what options they have for treatment as well as expected outcomes and results. We also have educational videos about several common procedures that are offered. We provide patient education in the office to help you understand why and how your surgical treatment can help or if you should utilize other treatment options. We also provide help with understanding your insurance benefits and what to expect from costs associated with your treatment before it starts as well as understanding your bill afterward. Value We perform most minor procedures in our office saving the expense of operating room and hospital costs. We have the unique option of using private operating rooms to benefit those who have high deductibles with or without all health savings accounts as well as those who are paying for outpatient operations without insurance. This option can save 40-70% of usual hospital costs. Some of those procedures include Gallbladder removal, Hernias, Breast Biopsies, Lap-band procedures, revisions and modifications and others."

This content was provided by Dr. Hansen "Mission Statement: Provide excellent compassionate care and education for the highest potential improvement of health. My goal to to have all my patients feel comfortable with understanding their condition, treatment options and what surgical options are available to help improve their life."

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery
  • Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Weber State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • University Of Utah School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • University Of Missouri At Kansas City/Truman and St. Luke's Medical Centers
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Of Missouri At Kansas City/Truman and St. Luke's Medical Centers
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Hansen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hansen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hansen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hansen

Dr. Hansen?
Dr. Hansen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Darrin Hansen, MD
Thank You so Much. I really needed your help and you were amazing!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darrin Hansen, MD?
Thank You so Much. I really needed your help and you were amazing!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darrin Hansen, MD?
After seeing 5 different doctors within a week’s time, I had zero answers and everyone telling me that the pain and nausea was not my gallbladder.i was finally referred to Hansen and he got me in the same day. If I could give him 10 stars I would. He was intelligent and educated me on the process...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darrin Hansen, MD?
I am very impressed with Dr. Hansen and his office staff. Prior to seeing him, I had 2 visits to the ER for severe gallbladder pain. He hard about my case in the late afternoon and got me on the surgery schedule the very next morning. He called me that night to review my medical history and to go...Read More
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Hansen?