Bariatric Surgery  |
Dr. D Blaine Nease, MD
Dr. Nease was born in Atlanta, GA and raised in Southern Ohio. He attended The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH where he earned his Bachelor and Medical Degrees. He completed his residency at the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL where he received extensive advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgical training. He is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a member of The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. Dr. Nease has served on the Bariatric Review Committee for the Surgical Review Corporation as one of its founding members, the corporation responsible for defining the national standards and certifying "Centers of Excellence" in Bariatric Surgery. His interest in bariatric medicine stems from a personal experience with a father who had suffered the health effects and challenges of being obese. After developing a successful bariatric surgical program while in Ohio, he was recruited to Southern California to launch a program in Orange County, CA. Dr. Nease has now returned to his home area where he leads the successful Bariatric Program for Marshall University and Cabell Huntington Hospital and continues to teach other surgeons the advanced laparoscopic technique for bariatric surgery.

1115 20th St Ste 101

Huntington, WV 25703

Learn about Dr. Nease

See how frequently Dr. Nease performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Sleeve Gastrectomy

Dr. Nease's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Bariatric Surgery

• Gastrotomy
  • Laparotomy
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic

No malpractice history found for West Virginia.

• The Ohio State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • The Ohio State University College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • University Of South Florida / College Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Of South Florida / College Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Nease has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nease does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nease and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nease's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nease to family and friends
Dr. Nease's Performance
in Fountain Valley, CA |
Dr. Nease is an excellent Bariatric Surgeon. He took me on as a revision with a complicated hernia repair from my original Open RNY. His compassion and bed side manner is amazing. He truly cares about the success of his patients.
in Salyersville, KY |
Dr.Nease and his entire staff at his office and the hospital are the best I would recommend anyone that needs weight loss surgery to go to him they have changed my life for the better
in Huntington, WV |
Both are very professional yet personal. I always speak highly of the whole team here.
in Chapmanville, WV |
They are great! Very helpful, listen, and give great advice. I recommend them to everyone!
Chesapeake, OH |
Absolutely wonderful! Have and will continue to recommend to anyone I know!
in Logan, WV |
Great, have recommended to several people.
in Logan, WV |
Love, love, love this staff! Always goes above & beyond!
in Grayson, KY |
I didn't like to discuss my surgery at first. Now, I am always eager to discuss and recommend Dr. Nease to anyone who inquires about bariatric surgery.
in Hurricane, WV |
Love the entire staff! They are the BEST!
Red House, WV |
I have loved the care I have received here. The doctor and staff are amazing and very helpful. I am grateful for everyone here and all the help to make me healthy.
in Millwood, WV |
I find Dr. Nease & Kelly very pleasant and very knowledgeable about weight loss.
Milton, WV |
Happy with service!
South Point, OH |
Excellent!
in Huntington, WV |
I feel as though everyone truly cares about my progress. I have and will continue to recommend.
in Huntington, WV |
Both provide excellent care. Knowledgeable and get back to me in a reasonable time with any questions I have.
in Huntington, WV |
They saved my life! I will never be able to express how thankful I am for both Kelly and Dr. Nease.
in Lesage, WV |
I have had a wonderful experience with both physicians.
Winfield, WV |
Excellent! Dr. Nease and Kelly, including ALL staff have been wonderful!
in Branchland, WV |
I have recommended Dr. Nease to anyone that asks about bariatric surgery.
in Barboursville, WV |
Love, love, love! Would recommend to anyone! Making the choice to have Dr. Nease do my sleeve was the best!
in Hinton, WV |
Very professional and friendly!
in South Point, OH |
They're the best! Would recommend to anyone!
in Huntington, WV |
Comforting and fast response to my situation. I feel both Kelly and Dr. Nease saved my life.
in Huntington, WV |
Amazing care. Always shown care, kindness, and concern. Everyone is simply wonderful.
Milton, WV |
Amazing experience. Dr. Nease has an amazing wonderful team, very supportive.
in Newton, WV |
Wonderful.
Huntington, WV |
The staff is always very nice. They provide lots of encouragement if I'm having a tough time and happy for me if I'm still losing or maintaining my weight.
in Barboursville, WV |
Always quick to return my calls or emails. They never act like I am a bother or ridiculous to ask multiple questions. Would definitely recommend to friends/family considering surgery or assistance.
in Huntington, WV |
They were very good at letting me know what to expect.
in Huntington, WV |
Best doctor's office I have ever been to.
in Rutland, OH |
Dr. Nease and Kelly are both fantastic! All of the staff are amazing!
in Chapmanville, WV |
Love them. So helpful & supportive. Very good experience with the whole team.
in Spencer, WV |
I just love Dr. Nease & his staff. They really do have our best interests @ heart! Thank you so very much!!!
in Spencer, WV |
I just love Dr. Nease and his staff! Thank you for all that you do for us!
in Eleanor, WV |
Dr. Nease helped change my life.
in Milton, WV |
Very nice office, doctor, and workers. They were very helpful.
in South Point, OH |
Dr. Nease is a great doctor. I always felt he cared about me as a person. He really cares for his patients.
in Raceland, KY |
Everyone is very professional, friendly, and courteous. They go out of their way to make sure you understand everything.
in South Point, OH |
Dr. Nease/ Kelly have always been very friendly and understanding.
Craigsville, WV |
Dr. Nease did an excellent job pre-op; very pleased! Have seen Michelle Tooley post-op; excellent. First visit today is with a new provider and I'm confident it will be another awesome visit.
in Culloden, WV |
Excellent. Answered all questions, I truly trust his opinion! I feel great and have my life back.
in Beckley, WV |
Dr. Nease is wonderful!! I would and HAVE trusted him with my life. This entire staff ROCKS!!!
Flatwoods, KY |
Very "to the point" with information, positive in guiding patient to the best decision. They are incredible, caring medical professionals.
in Rocky Mount, NC |
I was very comfortable having Dr. Nease as my surgeon. He is very trustworthy. His staff was awesome, and well trained. Surgery was on scheduled and everything went well according to plans. Thanks to all the wonderful staff.
in Huntington, WV |
I'm satisfied with Dr. Nease and feel better, looks, and self-esteem. Highly recommend.
in Harts, WV |
Always love coming to appointments. Great doctors!
in Huntington, WV |
Wonderful with both of them!! Love them!!
in Milton, WV |
Everything is awesome!
in Proctorville, OH |
I have received excellent care with Dr. Nease and the staff are very professional and courteous.
Hurricane, WV |
Dr. Nease was great. I would like to see him at some point. I have only seen Kelly once, but really liked her. She really listens.
Have you seen Dr. D Blaine Nease, MD?
Are you Dr. Nease?