Dr. Darren Lebl, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male

Dr. Lebl

Darren R. Lebl MD, New York, NY

523 E 72nd St New York, NY 10021

Dr. Darren Lebl, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in New York, NY. He graduated from Stanford Med and specializes in orthopedic surgery, pediatric surgery, and more.

Dr. Lebl accepts

Dr. Lebl accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Craniocervical Disorders
  • Degenerative Scoliosis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture Injection
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inguinal Hernia
  • Klippel Feil Syndrome
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

4.4

Dr. Lebl?
Dr. Lebl's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Darren Lebl, MD
I had high hopes for this Dr. I called and spoke with Ingrid his receptionist, she asked for my MRI reports and records. That made sense and I appreciated that he would want to see them before making me waste my time into Manhattan. After sending them and not hearing back for 2 weeks I called Ingrid who now requested I mail my MRI disc. Why couldn’t she have requested that in the first place? Obviously the patients calling this Dr are in pain and looking for help and answers, to be strung along like this only further adds to the pain and keeps patients from moving elsewhere. I sent the disc, another week for their IT dept to upload it, another week, it still wasn’t uploaded. It took a month of calls from me to Ingrid who is curt and condescending. My last call after a full month of nonsense with no answers/updates, spoke with the office manager Annmarie to ask for my MRI back so I could see another Dr. The staff alone would not have me trust this Dr enough to become a patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
I have never met a more professional, competent and expert in spinal surgery and I’ve interviewed many. He was 5 minutes early to my first apt of which he spent over two hours going over all my scans and films taken just hours before. He reassured me he was the Dr to do my spinal fusion and scoliosis correction. He explained in detail what he wanted to do, how and why. He answered all my questions and even the ones I asked over the phone after my apt. BEST surgeon ever
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
Simply the best, Knowledge, Expertise and positivity, Bedside manner. BRAVO to Dr Lebl and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
I owe my mobility to Dr Lebl. I came to him with nerve impingement pain, sever scoliosis and DDD, etc. Flew up in the morning from Fl, had all scheduled tests and extensive evaluation time in his office looking over all results from morning imaging. His treatment plan was well laid out for me. Flew home same day. Have had two fusions to date, each with amazing success. His staff is awesome. His PA, Leticia is wonderful. I’ve been able to text pics and receive answers at anytime. 100 stars!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
I had an amazing experience with Dr Lebl. I had been putting off back surgery for several months, trying everything that might help my horrible, unbearable back pain including PT, epidural, pain medication, acupuncture, and special massage. I finally gave up and had Dr. Lebl perform his magic. The pain simply disappeared immediately after surgery. It is now three weeks and I am running around do everything. I am so grateful. I have my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
Dr Darren Lebl is a kind genius! I suffered standing for 3 yrs due to extreme scoliosis, stenosis, osteoarthritis, etc. In Jan 2015, he anchored both hips to my lower spine. I needed a second repair in Feb 2017, when Dr Lebl repositioned L4/5 hardware to correct my mid spine up to T-7. Both repairs required extensive rehab stints, but 20 months later, I have my life back! With my family’s support, I’m able to work, give back to my community and help the homeless. Thanks again to Dr. Lebl!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
Fom my first contact, Dr Lebl impressed me as an ideal professional - knowledgeable, skillful, careful, patient and thorough in explaining my condition, my options and possible alleviations, and the risks and benefits of each. After I elected surgery, he - and his immediate office staff and then his surgical team - continued to reinforce my initial impressions, from surgery through aftercare. And I believe I had an ideal result from the surgery. I recommend him without reservation!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
I was extremely impressed with Dr. Darren Lebl’s consultation that I referred him to a friend of mine that was equally impressed. I addition, his office manager Ann Marie Asencio is a gem. Caring, courteous, compassionate and professional is the only way I can describe her. Anyone that needs their services are truly in safe hands. Rudy Martoni, Staten Island NY
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
Other doctors failed to mention the overall condition of my vertebral discs (which were younger than my age), despite the sequestered herniated fragment which was wrecking havoc on my life. Until my meeting with Dr. Lebl, I felt doomed to a life degenerative spinal breakdown. Dr. Lebl gave me hope, as he carefully took me through all of my imaging scans and laid out how surgery could help. Dr. Lebl removed the monster from my back and I am doing great. Dr. Lebl gave me back my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
I was suffering from complete numbness in both hands and creeping numbness from my feet to my knees. Saw Dr Lebl who viewed mri diagnosed and patiently explained procedure and recovery time. I had ACDF on 3 levels of my neck. He was skilled attentive and accurate. Subsequent visits were timely and he continued to patiently answer all questions and explain X-rays taken each visit.Now hands legs and balance recovered. I would highly recommend Dr Lebl for any spinal problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
Kind considerate compassionate & hands down the best back surgeon I have ever had.this was my 3rd back surgery.i would definitely recommend Dr Lebl & his staff any time.i also would like to say thank you to his office staff & office manager Ann Marie asencio.best hospital.best everything.dr.lebl is as my parents use to say god.thank you dr.lebl for relieving my excruciating pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
While I could not stand or walk without pain prior to my surgery, my ultimate goal was not just to be pain free but, being a tennis player, to get back on the courts. So after "graduating" from physical therapy and continuing to do 15 minutes of stretching each morning, I started hitting with a pro, and using the ball machine, 6 months after dual fusion surgery. In addition to no pain standing/walking for hours, I'm back playing competitively without pain. Thank you Dr. Lebl.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
Dr Lebl is a great surgeon. I had been to several doctors for chronic neck,arm and hand pain as well as loss of the deltoid muscle of my right shoulder. Since I also have motor neuron disease every other doctor I had seen either chalked it up to that or were terrified to touch me. Dr. Lebl was the only doctor smart enough and brave enough to help me. He performed a two level discectomy with fusion (acdf) several weeks ago and I am doing very well. I highly recommend him and wish I had more room
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
Dr Darren Lebl is a great blessing that I am endlessly thankful for. For Dr Lebl’s surgical expertise, for his diagnostic precision, and for his compassionate care, I am ever grateful! He explains your conditions and the options and goals of each step of the surgical procedure in full clarity. Detailing the necessary procedures to regain functionality. Using your MRIS and radiological images to illustrate a thorough understanding of treatment and healing pre surgery through post recovery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
professional, in depth pre-operative evaluation
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
ble removed a larger than normal synovial cyst. He and his staff were all very pleasant and extremely efficient. I have no hesitation in recommending him or HSS.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
Great results have all the feeling back in my extremity’s Back to doing 3 mile walks Professional staff and wonderful caring surgeon The BEST
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
After an emergency disc rupture, Dr Lebl gracefully found a way to get me on the surgical schedule as an emergency add-on procedure. He had me out of the OR by the evening. I was then out of the hospital in about two days, and after almost a year I've seen a full recovery. If it weren't for Dr. Lebl, and if I didn't have a skilled surgeon familiar with my condition willing to operate on me in less than 24 hours, I probably wouldn't be walking normally today and my life would never be the same.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
Dr. Lebl operated on my lower back, I could barely walk when I went in his office the first time. After three days in the hospital I was walking the day after surgery ( pain free ). Dr. Lebl did an amazing surgery for me, I would highly recommend him for back surgery. Thank you so much Dr. Lebl. Gene Gillen
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darren Lebl, MD?
Have not had a proced. yet, consid. pros & cons. I am compelled to describe the visit. Thorough paper questionaire 25 + page to depict history. mri, cat scan, and x ray. all 3 before he saw me. Precision coord. by staff. email of itinerary before arrival. Personal exam by Dr Lebl. Shared he needs to review imaging results in detail & compare against exam. 20 min later, 1st recorded diag. Then, in detail shared whats wrong & can fix. Only dr. ever to diag. me. Recomm. highly. Trust him completely
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Lebl?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lebl treats patients.