Dr. Darren Killen, MD

Dr. Darren Killen, MD

Family Medicine  |

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Darren Killen, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Kansas City, MO. He is 52 years old. Dr. Killen is affiliated with Research Medical Center.

Brookside Family Medical Group

7130 Wornall Rd

Kansas City, MO 64114

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • CoreSource
  • Family Health Partners
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HCA Midwest Comp Care

Learn about Dr. Killen

I am a member of Midwest Physicians, an integrated, multi-specialty group that strives to provide high quality, compassionate healthcare in a caring, affordable, timely and accessible manner. Our doctors collaborate with patients, their physician colleagues and other healthcare professionals to help ensure each patient s individual healthcare needs are met.

Dr. Killen's Experience

Dr. Killen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Asthma
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Otitis Media
  • Pneumonia

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• University of Kansas Medical Center
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Usc California Hospital Medical Center

• Best Family Doctor in the Southland, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Dr. Killen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Killen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Killen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Research Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Killen is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Killen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Killen to family and friends
Dr. Killen's Performance
Kansas City, MO |
Great experience from the minuet I walked in the door! Warm greeting at the desk, then was called back by the nurse within a few seconds. Nurse got my vitals, then the Doctor came in within minuets. Quick and efficient, yet didn't feel rushed and was given very personal and sincere attention. Would definitely recommend! Convenient location, easy private off-street parking.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Killen squeezed me into his schedule ASAP as I was showing signs of passing a kidney stone. After exam he explained what was happening and what to expect. His insight into my medical issue was appreciated and virtually happened exactly like he said it would.
Lees Summit, MO |
Dr. Killen is a wonderful physician and has always made it easy and convenient to schedule appointments and discuss health with him.
in Kansas City, MO |
I've been a patient of Dr. Killen's for five years. I have always felt extremely comfortable with him and never feel rushed. I ask a lot of questions and he is always patient and shares a lot of information with me. He welcomes feedback on his office staff and makes improvements when needed. It is not real difficult to get an appointment. The office is clean. The staff is incredibly friendly, and the doctor can't be beat.
in Kansas City, MO |
Great Doctor easy to get an open and easy in and out. If you need a specialist he has referred me to the best.
in Lenexa, KS |
Dr. Killen is the best doctor to see in Kansas City. He always listens, make sure you laugh and never keeps you waiting. I've moved across the city and it would easier to see someone a lot closer; but Dr. Killen is worth the drive.
in Kansas City, MO |
Genuine, knowledgeable, and has great listening skills. Excellent combination for a physician. Highly recommend!
Kansas City, MO |
If you are looking for a small office with fantastic service and Doctors, then this is the place for you. I never see more that 1 other patient in the lobby while I am waiting. I can get in and out within 15 min depending on the reason. Dr Killen really cares about his patients and have been going to see him for 8 years now.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr Killen is a very caring personal Doctor, which seems to be rare these days.
Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Killen is the gold standard for what you want in a Family Physician. He is knowledgeable, caring, up to date on the latest health information and above all, he never forgets that we are all humans and treats everyone with a level of respect I've never received from a physician before. He's not rushed (or never acts like it) to get in, hear your aliment, and leave. His first words are always "how are you doing?". It's a simple, yet so very important question. He opens a dialogue with patients
in Kansas city |
I have been going to Dr Killen for 15 yrs I continue to go to him because his staff as well as he is wonderful Dr Killen is very patient he talks with you regarding what's going on with your body and explains things if you don't understand it my son had to change doctors and I advised him to go see Dr Killen and he said he should have listened to me a long time ago because he really likes Dr Killen the way he takes his time and knows what he's talking about. And takes care of it
in Kansas City, MO |
I have been coming to see Dr. Killen for a number of years now. I have had nothing but great experiences when I have come to Brookside Family Medicine and been seen by Dr. Killen. The entire staff is very professional and friendly. Dr. Killen thoroughly discusses everything related to my medical history or conditions at the time of the visit. I would reccomend Dr. Killen and BFM to anyone.
in Rich Hill, MO |
I can honestly say I have never had a better experience with a physician!! He is concerned, caring and always on top of you issues. He is always very current with treatments and if he doesn't have an answer to my problem...he knows where to refer me. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Killen as my primary physician.
Drexel, MO |
Dr. Killen has been my physician for more than ten years. If you are looking for a doctor who is very knowledgeable and compassionate, who is concerned for his patients well being you do not need to look any further....Dr.Killen is all of that and more.
in Kansas City, MO |
Darren is welcoming, attentive and understands the need to give a patient time to express himself about the concerns he has. He has been my go to guy for many years. I highly recommend him for his character, ability and attention.
Kansas City, MO |
Super Friendly, very specific when you ask for information and need something explained, and in general a pleasant experience.
in Kansas City, KS |
Dr. Killen has been my personal physician for many years. When I am in his office it seems like I am the only patient he will see. He sits down and takes as much time as I need. I never feel rushed. If Dr. Killen feels he cannot solve the health issue, he is quick to send me to a specialist. But never unnecessarily. He is well informed on new meds and new procedures. I could not be happier and so fortunate that he is my dr.
in Overland Park, KS |
I have been with Dr Killen , for 16 yrs now and I do feel he is the best doctor. He listens to your concerns he does not rush through your visit. He refers you to a specialist if needed. He makes you feel at ease talking to him about what ever is hurting or worrying you with your health. I trust his care . He has given me the best health care for 16 yrs now. I will not ever change doctors
in Overland Park, KS |
This physician practices excellent patient care and is always an advocate of all needs the patient presents. He is quick to refer to specialists appropriately if patient needs are beyond the scope of a Family Practitioner. He keeps in touch to see that care is coordinated between himself and specialty colleagues.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Killen has been our family doctor since we moved to the area in 2002. He has always been attentive, responsive and caring. We trust our family's healthcare to him entirely and are so thankful for his ready availability and thorough care.
in St Joseph, MO |
Dr. Killen is great! He spends a lot of time with you and discusses all of your concerns. I never feel rushed and I believe that what he's telling me is accurate. I find him very trustworthy and honest and he is very nice and easygoing.
Have you seen Dr. Darren Killen, MD?
Are you Dr. Killen?

Visit Dr. Killen

Not Accepting New Patients
Dr. Killen accepts 27 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • CoreSource
  • Family Health Partners
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA