Dr. Darrell White, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Darrell White, MD
Dr. Darrell White, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Westlake, OH. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. White is affiliated with Lakewood Hospital, St. John Medical Center, Fairview Hospital and Southwest General Health Center.

Dr. White's Care Philosophy

Providing the best patient experience in all of eyecare.

Dr. White's Experience

See how Dr. White's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. White

Dr. White accepts 22 insurance carriers

Dr. White is now accepting new patients
Skyvision Centers2237 Crocker Rd Ste 100
Westlake, OH 44145
(440) 892-3931Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. White has admitting privileges.

Dr. White's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. White to family and friends
Dr. White's Performance
in Avon Lake, OH |
I am writing to amend a review that I had previously written, which was negative. After my cataract surgery last year, I was frustrated that I did not see Dr. White, instead I saw only his associate. I was having problems that I felt only Dr. White could diagnose. It took several visits to finally see Dr. White, but when I did, he recommended an additional procedure, which he provided me at his cost. Dr. White handled the situation in a very professional manner and i am pleased.
in Westlake, OH |
Need cataract surgery? Dr. White is amazing diagnostician and surgeon. I went from "legally blind" without correction to 20/20 vision the morning after surgery. There was no pain before, during, or after. The day of surgery he came around with a smile to all greet all his patients who were waiting. I now have the best vision of my life at age 69. Everyone at SkyVision: Dr.Schlegel, Dr Kaye and all the technicians and staff are not only top professionals, but also caring, friendly, and helpful.
in North Ridgeville, OH |
Besides the competence that I feel in Dr. White as the doctor in whom I have entrusted the care of my eyes, his office is populated with some of the most friendly, pleasant staff I think I have ever seen in a medical office. Everyone seems nicer than the last.
Dennis, We are appreciative of your comments. Our group is a wonderful collection of excellent people and we all enjoy each other and our patients! Have a wonderful holiday season and see you again!
in Bay Village |
Dr.White has been my opthalmologist for the past 15 years. He has performed Cataract operations on both of my eyes. He recently performed the same procedures on my wife's eyes. We've recommended Dr.White to several of our friends, who in the past 5 years, have also undergone similar Cataract operations. Each operation has been tremendously successful, with no complications. He conducts his practice in a thorough and efficient manner. I'm happy to recommend Dr.White to one and all.
in Cleveland, OH |
Dr. White is fabulous. I had cataracts replaced in both eyes and the results were great. My distance vision is now pretty close to 20/20 and I only need glasses to read. He is professional but also makes you feel comfortable, both at examinations and surgeries. I would highly recommend Dr. White to both family and friends.
in Bay Village, OH |
When I needed cataract surgery, Dr. White discussed my options for implants thoroughly. He asked me how much I wanted to wear glasses. I told him not at all. I've been wearing coke bottle glasses since I was 8 years old. The implants I have had now for a year allow me to see 20/20 for distance. I can see perfectly as I type this at mid distance, also without glasses, and I am the envy of all my friends when we are in restaurants reading menus, again no glasses. Life is wonderful.
in North Ridgeville, OH |
Very professional, polite, competent. Clearly explained all the options for my cataract surgery and was very encouraging during the operations, Excellent staff at both Skyvision and the outpatient surgery center.
in North Olmsted, OH |
Dr. White is very skilled at what he does. I was very concerned about my cataract surgery and he made it quick, easy and painless with no follow-up issues. The results were excellent and everything was made very clear to me at the pre-surgery and post-surgery appointments. Excellent staff too.
in North Olmsted, OH |
Dr. Darrell E. White and his staff go above and beyond to make one's appointment both comfortable and truly addresses one as an individual.From the time I walk in the door,I am treated not only as a patient but as a friend.Dr. White came highly recommended to me by my optometrist due to my glaucoma , severe dry eyes, and lupus.Dr. White always assures me that he can keep things manageable.I am SO lucky to have an expert in close proximity. He is a top ranked specialist and I am so blessed.
in Westlake, OH |
Very professional, explained issue clearly, entire process was efficient yet sensitive. One of the best organized and comprehensive teams I have ever experienced. Doctor makes sure you fully comprehend diagnosis and corrective measures to be taken. Office and equipment are state of the art. Staff seems to enjoy working there and exude confidence.
in Olmsted Falls, OH |
He was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. My vision is great thanks to his procedure. As someone who does not like anyone (including myself) touching my eyes, I had my hesitations about LASIK. He put all my worries to rest and now I am glasses free!
in Rocky River, OH |
I highly recommend Dr. White as well-qualified, very professional and a recognized expert in this field. My husband, son and daughter also see Dr. White and we are in agreement on this matter. We are also impressed by his staff; whether front desk office personnel or medical support staff. They project a welcoming manner, intelligence, professionalism, thoroughness. Jasmine is excellent! All are uniquely personable and well-qualified in today's Hcare environment - DEFINITELY way above the norm.
in Amherst, Ohio |
I had a piece of floating cottonwood get stuck in my eye. Of course, these things happen on the weekend when the office is closed. Dr. White took my call and tended to me without hesitation. He has since checked up on me several times to ensure I'm all set. Our family loves Dr. White and his staff. This case went above and beyond my expectation and I am so apreciative.
in Olmsted Falls, OH |
I went with my mother (83 years old) to her appointments and to surgery for her cataracts in April. I was super impressed with not only Dr White but the office staff and The Surgery Center where he did the surgery. Everyone was attentive, professional and things ran like a well oiled machine. I would not hesitate to recommend SkyVision Centers to all my family and friends.
in Berea, OH |
Great experience
Have you seen Dr. Darrell White, MD?

Compare Dr. White

Dr. White's Care Philosophy

Providing the best patient experience in all of eyecare.

Dr. White's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. White has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. White's Board Certifications

• Pterygium
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Sarcoidosis

Nyu Med Sch

Completed in 1990

Williams College

Graduated in 1982

Dr. White does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. White and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Iridotomy
  • LASIK
  • Laser Surgery
  • LipiFlow® Procedure
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery