Dr. Darrell Brett, MD

Practices Neurosurgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4 after 128 reviews.
Author:
Again Dr. Brett helped me & I am most of the time pain Free . Taking no prescribed drugs or any other kind doing many Sport activities ! Ski, In-line speed skate & tricks, Trikke , stand up paddle & climb mountains ! Thank you for 3 spinal surgeries with total recovery of arms & legs !!!
Author:
Dr. Brett is the best back surgeon in the Portland area had surgery in 2016 I had back pain, leg cramps, was hurting no one should go to primary for this kind of injury as I had none, a pinched nerve and 2 disks pinched as for recovery said 6 months I got back in my truck after 4 weeks he said 85% most recovery on people. I think he is serious as told me not to lift more than 50lbs do what he says expensive but worth it as I am a young guy with lots to do in life.
Author:
One of the first things I heard from Dr Brett was I wouldn’t need surgery but recovery would take time. The office staff has been friendly and efficient. The last appointment I arrived early and was out at the time it was scheduled.
Author:
Dr. Brett was friendly, professional and efficient. He assured me I didn’t need surgery for my back injury, which was a relief as he is a neurosurgeon, so I was certain, before the appointment, that surgery would be the recommendation from him. His PA, Wesley, was very knowledgeable and kind. I felt very comfortable that I was receiving good care from both Dr. Brett and Wesley, and their recommendations, regarding returning to work after my injury. The office staff were friendly. The office itself is modern and tastefully designed. I never waited more than 5-10 minutes in either the waiting room or exam room.
Author:
Excellent results from my 3-11-19 discectomy/laminectomy surgery. I have and would highly recommend Dr Brett! His staff, Wes and Harmony are great.
Author:
Dr Brett was a welcome savior. I was in intense pain and couldn't get any other doctors to take my situation seriously. I had a massive L5 S1 rupture. He got me in to surgery within 2 days of my initial appointment and when I woke from surgery my pain was gone. Dr Brett and his staff were always prompt friendly and professional. I highly recommend!!!
Author:
Gave me info and the surgery’s were a success. He was very kind and gave me lots of info. Would highly recommend him.????
Author:
Dr. Darrell C. Brett was the surgeon for my ruptered disk at L4-L5. I had extreme pain in lower back and down the right leg. I was barely amblitory and for days had to crawl up the stairs to my bedroom. Post surgery, I felt no sciatic pain and the lower back pain is nearly all gone too. I have high praise for Dr. Brett as well as the other attending doctors and staff. My prayers were answered!
Author:
I had an artificial disc put in my neck (C5-6) by Dr. Brett and it was the best decision I ever made! Dr. Brett is very knowledgeable and has great bedside manner! I am a couple months out from surgery and am 100 percent pain free! I would highly recommend Dr. Brett to anyone needing this surgery!
Author:
Dr. Brett replaced two degenerative discs in my neck with artificial discs. After several years of pain, I am happy to report, I am pain free! Dr. Brett and his staff were very pleasant and I would see him again, if need be!
Author:
My experience with Dr. Brett was amazing. I had severe spinal stenosis in L1-L5. I was unable to stand or walk more than 10 minutes without pain and complete numbness of my left leg. Dr. Brett did a laminectomy on the 5 vertebrae and put a Coflex titanium implant between two of the vertebrae. Two weeks post surgery I have NO PAIN and the numbness has not returned. I returned to my body shop business within 48 hours of surgery, and returned to work on my ranch work two weeks later.
Author:
Dr Brett did my carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists. Everything went smooth. I healed well. The scars look to be minimal. Dr Brett has a nice bedside manner. He advised me clearly and took great care of me! Only words of caution, double check your prescriptions. He accidentally forgot to write the quantity on mine for pain meds after the second surgery and his answering service has very strict orders not to page the good dr after hours regarding pain meds.
Author:
I have had 3 spine surgeries with Dr. Brett and I couldn't recommened him more highly. He fixed a low back, neck and a higher back problem. With each surgery, I've been restored to full function. I'm so gratful to him and his staff. When my nurse practitioner recommened him to me because he had done severeal of her family, she said he wasn't know for his bedside manner. Well, I'm going for the surgery....
Author:
Dr. Brett at Northwest Spine Surgery was very informative, compassionate, and gave me all the information I needed to make an informed decision. The offices are friendly, things generally move quickly so you aren’t wasting a lot of time sitting around, and it’s easy to make appointments that fit your schedule. The day of surgery was nerve-racking for me, but Dr. Brett helped put me at ease and I was well taken care of in post op. I am very happy I made the decision to get the surgery, and eve
Author:
I had back surgery on Dec. 12th to repair my back from a car accident as well as repairing some degenerate discs problems. As of February 1st I have been released from restrictions and can gradually get back to where I was before. Dr. Brett and His MA has been very professional and answered questions Twice when I called in (the same day that I called in). Both were pleasant and made sure I had my answers I needed. I was very pleased with their thoroughness and care.
Author:
Dr. Brett is clearly a well educated and busy neurosurgeon, but his lack of bed side manner is alarming. His office staff is helpful at times, but made a critical error in prescription directions and refused to take accountability. As did Dr. Brett, which was disappointing. Furthermore, his arrogance and lack of empathy was intimidating and aggressive. He displayed a complete a lack of professional care and sent me off with a vague, unhelpful diagnosis.
Author:
A big Thank you to Dr. Darrell Brett and his staff and my anesthesiologist Dr.Westmire for making my experience a good one-Very professional and I would recommend this neurosurgeon to anyone who may be in the condition I was. Thank you so much for the great care and professionalism you showed. I will always be thankful to you for fixing me <3 Karen Hager I had my fusion on my neck done n 2014. Now have very bad sciatica and will be scheduling again to visit Dr.. Brett and his staff, asap.
Author:
The visits were always late, up to a total of 2 + hours per visit. Did not like the dismissive way his PA was toward me. Visit with DR Brett was brief but he took care of all the info. I was NOT given a realistic idea of what recovery and pain would be like, hospital stay too short, no discharge info, Surgery scheduler was incompetent. End result was good, I am out of pain and spinal cord is reviving = the goal. The acupuncture I knew to get helped me with pain and scarring, so I could work.
Author:
I had been in pain for a year and a half, got the run around from Kaiser. I finally got some new insurance and was recommended to Dr. Brett. He diagnosed the problem a deformed L5 that had slipped froward causing a pinched nerve. It has been six months since the surgery. I have since been pain free and I am doing things I haven't done for years. It has given me a new life. Thank you Dr. Brett.
Author:
After years of living with chronic pain which radiated from my cervical spine down my left arm, I was seen by Dr. Brett and assured that with ACDF surgery I could be pain free. Although the result was not the day of the surgery, within a week, my pain was non-existent and now I am sharing my results and enthusiasm for Dr. Brett's expertise with everyone I meet who complains of neck or back pain.
Author:
Dr. Brett preformed L4-L5surgery 1 yr ago. I am happy to say I am almost symptom free! I am a former college athlete and have always been very active. After my first operation with another doctor I was promised complete recovery. That was not the case and further visits were met with more promises. After 5 years I decided to try Dr. Brett. GREAT DECISION! He is knowledgeable, was available for follow up questions, and gave me my life back. I still have a 56yr old back but it feels great
Author:
I have had two disc a one bone spur operations on my neck with great results.
Author:
Unfortunately Dr. Brett advised me I have a lot of arthritis in my spine so surgery was not going to help. Thankfully he gave me the name of another doctor that does spinal cord stimulator procedures. He saved me from having surgery I do not need and a new option I was not aware of. I found him to be very dedicated, courteous, and he explained everything to me in detail. Would definitely recommend him to a friend or family member.
Author:
Run, run, run. My husband had 2 back surgeries they both failed, the first one failed leading to another that he only put a band aid on we are now looking into a 3rd to have his work repaired. Very very disappointed. We have seen 2 neurosurgeons to get their opinions, what a relief to have someone give you the time you deserve and compassion I guarantee you will not find that with Brett
Author:
Dr. Brett fixed my problem the first time and I haven't felt better in years.
Author:
Total wait time at the office could be around an hour. And nobody care. That how the doctor working. They only care pull your money and as much as possible.
Author:
Dr. Brett performed my surgery April 18, 2016 - My health care provider, recommended him to me as I was in excruciating pain, not standing up straight or walk without crutches. Acupuncture and Pain Management did not alleviate the pain. Dr. Brett was honest and straightforward as to the outcome of surgery he would perform. Everything he said came true, I am now completely out of pain, legs do not go to sleep. I am a happy, pain free 78 year old due to Dr. Brett's excellent care.
Author:
From the first appointment to my final release, Dr. Brett explained everything that was causing my problem and what was needed to fix. He did an excellent job letting me know what to expect post surgery and recuperative time. Highly recommend to anyone needing cervical spine surgery. Immediately after the surgery the tingling and numbness were gone. My recovery has been quick and painless.
Author:
Dr Brett was amazing. He made me feel at ease and comfortable with this experience. However, his office staff is horrible - very lacking in friendliness. They were actually very rude. If it were not for the fact that Dr Brett and his PA made up for the lack of friendliness in the office, I would have gone looking for a different surgeon. It took forever for the scheduler to submit my authorization for my surgery, so her lack of work allowed me to be in pain for an extra week.