Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Darrell Brett, MD
Dr. Darrell Brett, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Portland, OR. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 40 years. Dr. Brett is affiliated with Adventist Medical Center.

Northwest Spine Surgery

10000 SE Main St Ste 360

Portland, OR 97216

Dr. Darrell Brett, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Health Net
  • LifeWise
  • ODS Health Plan
  • PacificSource
  • Providence Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Brett

Dr. Darrell Brett is a neurosurgeon who has been in practice at the same location in Portland Oregon since 1984. In 1990 he sub-specialized in spine surgery only and no longer performs intracranial surgery electively. He performs approximately 750 spine surgeries per year, mainly involving the cervical and lumbar spine. He has excellent clinical outcome scores in the top l% of his national peers and has an infection rate of under .01% per year. Darrell C. Brett M.D., and Northwest Brain & Spine Surgery are committed to excellence by pledging to provide the highest quality of care possible. Along with the treatment of immediate or chronic problems, we strive to integrate the doctrine of prevention in all our treatment plans as a way to alleviate possible future difficulties.

Dr. Brett's Experience

Dr. Brett's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Neurological Surgery*

• Aneurysm
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Spine Disorders

• Cervical Microdiscectomy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Lumbar Laminectomy
  • Lumbar Microdiscectomy
  • Neuroplasty
  • Neurostimulation
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• Schulich School Of Medicine At The University Of Western Ontario
    Medical School | Graduated 1977
  • Toronto Western
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • University Western Ont
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Brett has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brett to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Brett's Performance
in Lincoln City, OR |
A big Thank you to Dr. Darrell Brett and his staff and my anesthesiologist Dr.Westmire for making my experience a good one-Very professional and I would recommend this neurosurgeon to anyone who may be in the condition I was. Thank you so much for the great care and professionalism you showed. I will always be thankful to you for fixing me <3 Karen Hager I had my fusion on my neck done n 2014. Now have very bad sciatica and will be scheduling again to visit Dr.. Brett and his staff, asap.
portland, oregon |
The visits were always late, up to a total of 2 + hours per visit. Did not like the dismissive way his PA was toward me. Visit with DR Brett was brief but he took care of all the info. I was NOT given a realistic idea of what recovery and pain would be like, hospital stay too short, no discharge info, Surgery scheduler was incompetent. End result was good, I am out of pain and spinal cord is reviving = the goal. The acupuncture I knew to get helped me with pain and scarring, so I could work.
in Portland, OR |
I had been in pain for a year and a half, got the run around from Kaiser. I finally got some new insurance and was recommended to Dr. Brett. He diagnosed the problem a deformed L5 that had slipped froward causing a pinched nerve. It has been six months since the surgery. I have since been pain free and I am doing things I haven't done for years. It has given me a new life. Thank you Dr. Brett.
in Aurora, OR |
After years of living with chronic pain which radiated from my cervical spine down my left arm, I was seen by Dr. Brett and assured that with ACDF surgery I could be pain free. Although the result was not the day of the surgery, within a week, my pain was non-existent and now I am sharing my results and enthusiasm for Dr. Brett's expertise with everyone I meet who complains of neck or back pain.
in vancouver wa |
Dr. Brett preformed L4-L5surgery 1 yr ago. I am happy to say I am almost symptom free! I am a former college athlete and have always been very active. After my first operation with another doctor I was promised complete recovery. That was not the case and further visits were met with more promises. After 5 years I decided to try Dr. Brett. GREAT DECISION! He is knowledgeable, was available for follow up questions, and gave me my life back. I still have a 56yr old back but it feels great
in Beavercreek, OR |
I have had two disc a one bone spur operations on my neck with great results.
in Gladstone, OR |
Unfortunately Dr. Brett advised me I have a lot of arthritis in my spine so surgery was not going to help. Thankfully he gave me the name of another doctor that does spinal cord stimulator procedures. He saved me from having surgery I do not need and a new option I was not aware of. I found him to be very dedicated, courteous, and he explained everything to me in detail. Would definitely recommend him to a friend or family member.
in Buxton or. |
Run, run, run. My husband had 2 back surgeries they both failed, the first one failed leading to another that he only put a band aid on we are now looking into a 3rd to have his work repaired. Very very disappointed. We have seen 2 neurosurgeons to get their opinions, what a relief to have someone give you the time you deserve and compassion I guarantee you will not find that with Brett
in Boring,OR. |
Dr. Brett fixed my problem the first time and I haven't felt better in years.
in Portland, OR |
Total wait time at the office could be around an hour. And nobody care. That how the doctor working. They only care pull your money and as much as possible.
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Brett performed my surgery April 18, 2016 - My health care provider, recommended him to me as I was in excruciating pain, not standing up straight or walk without crutches. Acupuncture and Pain Management did not alleviate the pain. Dr. Brett was honest and straightforward as to the outcome of surgery he would perform. Everything he said came true, I am now completely out of pain, legs do not go to sleep. I am a happy, pain free 78 year old due to Dr. Brett's excellent care.
in Vancouver, WA |
From the first appointment to my final release, Dr. Brett explained everything that was causing my problem and what was needed to fix. He did an excellent job letting me know what to expect post surgery and recuperative time. Highly recommend to anyone needing cervical spine surgery. Immediately after the surgery the tingling and numbness were gone. My recovery has been quick and painless.
Dr Brett was amazing. He made me feel at ease and comfortable with this experience. However, his office staff is horrible - very lacking in friendliness. They were actually very rude. If it were not for the fact that Dr Brett and his PA made up for the lack of friendliness in the office, I would have gone looking for a different surgeon. It took forever for the scheduler to submit my authorization for my surgery, so her lack of work allowed me to be in pain for an extra week.
Have you seen Dr. Darrell Brett, MD?
Are you Dr. Brett?

Visit Dr. Brett

Dr. Brett accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Health Net