Dr. Darius Zoroufy, MD

Sleep Medicine | Male

Swedish Sleep Medicine 550 17th Ave Ste A20 Seattle, WA 98122 Get Directions
Dr. Darius Zoroufy, MD
I was recruited to practice at the Swedish Sleep Medicine Institute by the practice founder Dr. Ralph Pascualy in 2005. Since then we have implemented innovative improvements to the practice of sleep medicine to provide better care, faster and more efficiently. I started my education and lifelong pursuit of science and medicine at Middleton High School, graduating from this Madison, Wisconsin suburb school in 1985. I attended Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts for my undergraduate studies. My education included math and science courses, German literature, particle physics and philosophy. From Harvard I was accepted at Hahnemann University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Hahnemann was established in 1848 and Hahnemann University Hospital continues to serve as a principal pillar of medical care in Philadelphia. My rigorous medical education at Hahnemann has served as a reliable foundation for my medical career. After medical school my postgraduate medical training brought me back to my hometown of Madison, Wisconsin. I was fortunate to match to the highly competitive University of Wisconsin Internal Medicine residency program under the direction of Dr. Bennett Vogelman, M.D. Dr. Vogelman has directed the internal medicine program since 1989. The UW Internal Medicine program is known to be demanding and intellectually stimulating yet maintaining a focus on patient-centered compassion. It was at the University of Wisconsin that I began my postgraduate education in sleep medicine under the direction of Dr. Safwan Badr, M.D. After completing training at the University of Wisconsin, I trained with Dr. Joseph Shaffer, PhD. at the Sleep Network. From 1996 to 2005 I worked at Community Medical Associates, an inpatient and outpatient Internal Medicine practice in Newport, Vermont. I founded the Northern Vermont Center For Sleep Disorders which served Newport and Morrisville, Vermont with to sleep disorder centers. When the Swedish Sleep Medicine Institute decided to expand to Issaquah, I was presented with the opportunity of joining this premier medical group. I am fortunate to work with some of the best sleep medicine specialist in the country.

Dr. Zoroufy's Care Philosophy

"I believe in a comprehensive approach for sleep concerns such as insomnia, sleepiness on the job, sleep problems, medical illness, and sleep-related breathing disorders. By listening carefully and cooperating with the patient, I find it is much easier to achieve comprehensive and effective results."

Dr. Zoroufy's Experience

See how Dr. Zoroufy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zoroufy

Dr. Zoroufy accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Zoroufy is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Zoroufy has admitting privileges.

Dr. Zoroufy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zoroufy to family and friends
3.6
based on 16 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Zoroufy's Performance
Redmond, WA |
I am beyond frustrated with Dr. Zoroufy's staff. He prescribed me a prescription that requires them to mail to me every month. I call 2 weeks in advance to get them to mail me a copy so I can take it to the pharmacy. No one ever mails it to me. Now I am out of my refill for over a week and I can never get a hold of the doctor or his assistant. The staff at the office has no idea where he ever is . NO ONE can help me and I suffer because of his incompetent staff.
I am sorry that you have had trouble with our office staff. I take your feedback and other feedback very seriously. We have worked hard to increase staffing levels and improve access to reliable, prompt responses. Our medical information system provides patients with direct access to our practice through the secure online MyChart system. We offer MyChart to all of our patients free of charge. Darius Zoroufy, M.D.
Have you seen Dr. Darius Zoroufy, MD?

Compare Dr. Zoroufy

Dr. Zoroufy says...

I was recruited to practice at the Swedish Sleep Medicine Institute by the practice founder Dr. Ralph Pascualy in 2005.  Since then we have implemented innovative improvements to the practice of sleep medicine to provide better care, faster and more efficiently.

I started my education and lifelong pursuit of science and medicine at Middleton High School, graduating from this Madison, Wisconsin suburb school in 1985.  I attended Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts for my undergraduate studies.  My education included math and science courses, German literature, particle physics and philosophy.

From Harvard I was accepted at Hahnemann University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  Hahnemann was established in 1848 and Hahnemann University Hospital continues to serve as a principal pillar of medical care in Philadelphia.  My rigorous medical education at Hahnemann has served as a reliable foundation for my medical career.

After medical school my postgraduate medical training brought me back to my hometown of Madison, Wisconsin.  I was fortunate to match to the highly competitive University of Wisconsin Internal Medicine residency program under the direction of Dr. Bennett Vogelman, M.D.  Dr. Vogelman has directed the internal medicine program since 1989. The UW Internal Medicine program is known to be demanding and intellectually stimulating yet maintaining a focus on patient-centered compassion.   It was at the University of Wisconsin that I began my postgraduate education in sleep medicine under the direction of Dr. Safwan Badr, M.D.  After completing training at the University of Wisconsin, I trained with Dr. Joseph Shaffer, PhD. at the Sleep Network.

From 1996 to 2005 I worked at Community Medical Associates, an inpatient and outpatient Internal Medicine practice in Newport, Vermont.  I founded the Northern Vermont Center For Sleep Disorders which served Newport and Morrisville, Vermont with to sleep disorder centers.

When the Swedish Sleep Medicine Institute decided to expand to Issaquah, I was presented with the opportunity of joining this premier medical group.  I am fortunate to work with some of the best sleep medicine specialist in the country.

Dr. Zoroufy's Care Philosophy

Dr. Zoroufy says...

Good quality sleep is fundamental for energy, focus, learning, productivity, metabolism, emotional well-being and health.  Many disorders and problems can affect sleep quality and rest.  Comprehensive sleep specialty evaluation and treatment can identify problems with poor sleep and restore healthy, restful sleep.

Treatment of disorders that interfere with sleep involving comprehensive consultation, testing and implementation of a treatment plan can make a dramatic difference in sleep.

Dr. Zoroufy says...

Our sleep medicine practice includes new patient clinical consultations, ongoing management of chronic sleep disorders and diagnostic sleep testing.  We have provide both comprehensive facility based a diagnostic polysomnographic sleep study and home ambulatory sleep apnea tests.

Dr. Zoroufy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sleep Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Dr. Zoroufy has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. Zoroufy's Board Certifications

Graduated in 1989

• Other Education
    The Sleep Network

Completed in 1998

Dr. Zoroufy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zoroufy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sleep Medicine

• Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Home Sleep Study
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Polysomnography With CPAP Titration