Dr. Darin Swainston, MD

Dr. Darin Swainston, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology •  Male • Age 60

Telehealth services available

Dr. Darin Swainston, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Las Vegas, NV. Dr. Swainston has more experience with Gynecologic Surgery and Gynecologic Care than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Southern Hills Hospital And Medical Center and MountainView Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Swainston to book an appointment.

Women's Health Associates of Southern Nevada

New Patient?
(702) 255-2022
Women's Health Associates of Southern Nevada653 N Town Center Dr Ste 214 Las Vegas, NV 89144
Women's Health Associates of Southern Nevada2050 Mariner Dr Ste 120 Las Vegas, NV 89128

• Practices at Top Hospital Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™ See hospitals

More Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists at Women's Health Associates of Southern Nevada

Dr. Swainston's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Swainston

3.8

Dr. Swainston?
The issues I have with Dr Swainston have mainly to do with his staff, not necessarily him, but staffing is a large part of a doctors practice. His staff continually messes up, from simple things like taking weeks (and multiple ignored emails/phone calls) to get a prescription through, to hours long waits for at least half of my visits (Including the first one where they ultimately cancelled my appointment right there at the office), to more severe things like cancelling my surgery without giving me notice (I showed up at the hospital for my pre-surgery Covid year, only for them to tell me I was no longer on their schedule). This office has wasted much of my time and money at this point and it’s time to get a new doctor. The one surgery I did do with Dr Swainston went well and I recovered well.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Meg – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darin Swainston, MD?
I had such a good experience with him. He addressed my concerns and did not make me feel uneducated for asking all the questions that I did. He explained things in a way that helped normal people understand. Even with the procedures I had to get, he would explain things every step of the way and advise why he was doing it. Overall a good doctor.
Jun 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darin Swainston, MD?
Dr. Swainston is a very good physician. His PA's and nurses are friendly, knowledgeable and professional. The front office staff have usually been good, especially considering the volume of patients they deal with. All that said, I have not returned since December 2015 when I had an exam and pap smear, due to the person who does the billing. Coded the PAP wrong & caused me to pay out of pocket for a Medicare covered test! Wouldn't resubmit with the proper code, even when I went back to see her!
  • Long wait times
Launa, RN in Las Vegas – Aug 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darin Swainston, MD?
After a really bad experience with another o.b. here in town, I was referred to this office by a coworker. I am so glad to have found Dr Swainston and his staff. I just had surgery with him and am so glad it was him taking care of me. He even scheduled me quickly so I would have time to heal before the school year starts! He is laid back and good at what he does! I highly recommend him and his office! Both offices are clean and comfortable.
Renee W. in Las Vegas, NV – Jul 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darin Swainston, MD?
I was so lucky to have Dr.Swainston deliver my twin boys. No matter how busy he was, he was always funny & personable. It's difficult to find a doctor who doesn't rush you & genuinely cares about your experience. Throughout my pregnancy with twin boys & even the 3 weeks the boys were in the NICU, we felt very well taken care of. After my c section, he always asked if we were being treated well by all the nurses & if there was anything else we needed. He is such an amazing doctor!
Dreah Gaspar in Las Vegas, NV – Jan 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darin Swainston, MD?
Absolutely love Dr. Swainston! I've had multiple treatments for huge fibroids. Another Dr wanted to remove my ovaries but Swainston did my hysterectomy using the DaVinci robot and I kept them. Sense my husband couldn't physically be there, he conference him on the phone during our consultation. He made us feel very comfortable with his knowledge, confidence and wonderful sense of humor. It's been 2 mnths and I feel great! I have absolutely no visible scars. Wait is sometimes long but worth it.
Tonia M in Las Vegas, NV – Dec 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darin Swainston, MD?
Dr. Swainston has been my doctor for 8 years now. He delivered my first son & will soon deliver my second. I drive from Henderson to Summerlin to see him & will be delivering my son 21 miles away from home to have him deliver my baby. He's an amazing doctor and is worth it. He's straight to the point & tells you what you need to know. I never leave his office confused or trying to remember what he said-- he makes sure I leave with the information I need every time. Highly recommend!
GJezzard in Henderson Nevada – Dec 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darin Swainston, MD?
If you are looking for someone extremely experienced; knowledgable about his craft; who will be your advocate; will be bluntly honest with you; and genuinely wants you to have a positive birth experience, a healthy baby, and healthy mom, Dr. Swainston is the right choice. If you want someone who knows every single thing about your pregnancy, will coddle you, and/or has really short wait times, perhaps consider seeing a less desired/less busy OBGYN or a midwife.
Elyse A in Las Vegas, NV – Jun 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Darin Swainston, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Swainston?

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Frequently Treated by Dr. Swainston

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Swainston treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Swainston treats other conditions, please contact the office at (702) 255-2022.

Gynecologic Surgery

Gynecologic surgery treats conditions affecting the female reproductive system, including cancer, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and uterine fibroids through procedures such as hysterectomy, tumor removal, and myomectomy.Compare with other Gynecologic Surgery specialists.

Dr. Swainston typically treats 73% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Hysteroscopy
Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy)
Vaginal Surgery
Colposcopy
Normal Frequency
High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Dr. Swainston
Similar Providers

Gynecologic Care

Gyncologists diagnose and treat conditions that affect any part of the female reproductive system, such as vaginitis, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).Compare with other Gynecologic Care specialists.

Dr. Swainston typically treats 49% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 15 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
Pregnancy Test

Check Dr. Swainston's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Swainston's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Abdominal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Cervicitis
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Fluid Contrast Ultrasound
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gonorrhea Screening
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vaginosis Screening
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Swainston accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Swainston has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(702) 255-2022Find providers who accept this insurance

We seek to provide the highest level of care through our highly skilled health care professionals and state of the art technologies. We are devoted to...Read more

Dr Darin Swainston performs daVinci robotic gynecology surgery at MountainView Hospital Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology