Dr. Darin Allred, DO

Dr. Darin Allred, DO

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Darin Allred, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in St George, UT. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 14 years.

652 S Medical Center Dr Ste 120

St George, UT 84790

• Health Net
  • Health Net of Arizona, Inc.

Learn about Dr. Allred

See how frequently Dr. Allred performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bursitis
Knee Disorders
Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Allred's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery*

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Southern Utah University
  • Affinity Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University Of Nevada At Reno
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Allred has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Allred does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Allred and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Allred's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Allred to family and friends
Dr. Allred's Performance
in St George, UT |
Without a doubt, the best Orthopedist in town. Compassionate, knowledgeable, and thorough with each surgery and office visit I have had. I’m a nurse that seldoms uses the word perfect when rating MD encounters, but Dr. Allred is perfect.
in Saint George |
I used Dr. Allred to treat a broken arm. I liked that he started out conservative hoping the bone would heal with a cast only before doing surgery when it didn't. The surgery was successful. His resume is impressive - battlefield surgeon in Afghanistan; worked on several elite athletes etc. He was very down to earth when explaining everything and I was very comfortable with his decisions. My wife has also used him for spine and hip pain control and as an RN she says he is one of the best.
in Utah |
Dr Allred did a total knee replacement on both my knees (not at the same time but 2 months apart) , he is very meticulous and straightened my knees in the process. I could not be more pleased with the outcome. I look forward to doing things I have not been able to do for years because of my pain. I also researched Dr Allred and he has the least amount of infections from surgery and re-do's. Do your own research, you will not be disappointed.
in Beaver, UT |
I had knee surgery a week ago. I was very impressed with Dr. Allred. He offered a pain block that keeps the front of the knee numb for 5 days. It decreased the pain significantly, enough so that I wouldn't go to a doctor that didn't use it, many don't. I felt like he was very professional, kind and skillful in performing the surgery. Also the staff and care of the nurses at Dixie Medical were very kind.
in Hurricane, UT |
I was very happy with my knee replacement in July. Dr. Allred answered all my concerns and am planning to have my left knee done when given the green light.
West Jordan, UT |
Awesome orthopedic surgeon. Husband had total knee replacement one day, the next day he was walking with use of a walker, but was walking pretty good considering.
in Hurricane, UT |
The decision to have my hips done was very rewarding. Dr. Allred was great , I would recommend him to everyone.
in St George, UT |
Was really nervous about elective surgery. Dr. Allred has a great bedside manner. I ask a million questions and he explained things clearly and concisely. He never ran out of time nor patience. It took me about 5 months to schedule the surgery. Things went smoothly. Went home, had home care and the nurse, physical therapist and occupational therapist said that my incision site was one of the best they had seen. I was up and walking without a walker or cane in 2 weeks. 3 months doing great.
in Kanab, UT |
Dr. Allred was caring caring and made me feel at ease from the first time I met him. I had to have emergency surgery and I was very lucky to have Dr.Allred as my surgeon!
in Overton, NV |
I have a whole new outlook on life thanks to Dr. Allred. For over 4 years, I have suffered knee pain from a unsuccessful knee replacement by another doctor. I was afraid to have it redone until my Physical Therapist highly recommended Dr. Allred. He listen to my concerns. He explained my options in terms that I understood. Very professional and caring. After 7 weeks from surgery, I can walk with little to no pain. I have nothing but praise and admiration for Dr. Allred and his staff.
in Hurricane, UT |
i am 5 weeks out from the full knee operation. home health said i didn't them after 2 days of visits. 1 & 1/2 weeks with walker. then 2 weeks with a cane. therapy 3 days a week for 4 weeks. therapy said i didn't need farther therapy at the end of 4&1/2 weeks. my pain is so minumal that i take 1/2 pain pill only at night for some burning. i would recommend Dr.Darin Allred to all persons in need of this operation.he is the best.
in St George, UT |
When I went to Dr. Allred, I had been through several other GPs, Chiropractors, etc. along with having several xrays and and different tests done. Dr. Allred was very forth coming with what was in store for me with and without surgery. We looked at all options and he helped me find the option that would allow me to maintain my life style for as long as possible which was a total knee replacement. The surgery went perfectly, I will have very little scaring and I loved working with Dr. Allred.
in Saint George, UT |
Dr. Allred is extremely knowledgeable, and an excellent surgeon! He performed both of my knee replacement surgeries, and I had very little pain. It was really amazing, and I could hardly believe it. From what I understand, he was a surgeon in Afghanistan, and he was involved with joint reconstruction. I'm so grateful he was able to do my knees. He is amazing! He didn't push surgery on me, but let it be my decision. He said 'my knees will tell me when it's time, and he was right!
in Logandale, NV |
I have had a number of orthopedic issues in recent years, 3 of which requiring surgery...a tibia fracture, a shoulder problem (I can't pronounce or spell the name of the procedure) and a total knee replacement. Dr Allred performed all three procedures with universally successful outcomes. In the 4 years I've seen Dr Allred I've found his diagnosis' accurate and his treatment thoughtful and sensitive. The fact that I've had 3 successful surgeries has to speak well of his surgical skills.
in Saint George, UT |
Dr Allred performed knee surgery on me in January and I've been very happy with the progress of my recovery. He's experienced and has great patient skills. Friendly and takes the time to explain everything that's going on. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for an orthopedic doctor in St. George.
in St George, UT |
Big shout out to Dr Allred,Tanner and Taylor... Could not of asked for a better Dr and staff.
in Washington, UT |
Dr Allred gave me a whole new life when he gave me a new hip last year. So many things I had not been able to do for quite a long time, I now can do with ease. I am grateful that he was so caring and calmed me down when I was frightened. Thank you Dr Allred for my new hip and my new life.
Have you seen Dr. Darin Allred, DO?
Are you Dr. Allred?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Sunrise Children’s Hospital

Visit Dr. Allred

Dr. Allred accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Health Net
    Health Net PPO
  • Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
    Health Net of Arizona HMO