Dr. Darel Butler, MD

Neurology | Male

Dr. Darel Butler, MD

Dr. Darel Butler, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Alcoa, TN. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Butler is affiliated with Blount Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Butler's Experience

See how Dr. Butler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Butler

Dr. Butler accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Butler is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Butler has admitting privileges.

Dr. Butler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Butler to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Butler's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Clinton, TN |
I had an MRI done about 6 months ago.....Dr Butler canceled our follow up apt. I'm still having same issues & had to see my Primary Care again today. I wouldn't recommend this office at all. Some people I realize just want meds I want fixed so I can have a somewhat normal life. I am very disappointed.
Memphis, TN |
Dr Butler is a compassionate emphatic doctor who is genuinely interested in his patients. Not only is the patient his concern but he realizes their family also plays a major role in their well being. KUDOS to this Great Physician.
Dr. Butler is a very good neurologist and he provides excellent service. He is very through and knowledgeable with a good educational background.
in Johnson city tn |
Drove 2 hours today see this arrogant egomaniac and was almost 15 min late. Stood in registration line for almost 20 min and sit in waiting room 30 min when receptionist come out and said he would not see me. The only reason I gave him one star is because zero is not an option. STAY AWAY!!
in Kingston tn |
Let me just start off by saying I am a nurse of 21 years and have dealt with a lot of drs and medical professionals and I have NEVER been treated with complete disdain by a physician. He was arrogant and rude and completely resented any questions we asked. Never looked me In eye while he was speaking actually kept his back turned the whole time he was speaking and was just rude and arrogant. He might be a good Dr and may help my son but he is compleley lacking in any bedside manner whatsoever!
in Maryville, TN |
Great Doctor, answered all my questions with patience and a complete answer.
in Maryville, TN |
I was referred to Dr. Butler through a primary care years ago when I was on a bad health insurance plan, where I did not get to choose my own doctors. My experience in his office was awful. I don't like to say bad or negative things ever about other people, but I felt like my appt. with him was a terrible experience, especially considering how many weeks it takes to get an initial vi.sit with this type of specialist. I felt that he did not listen to my questions and did not care about me.
in Harriman, TN |
He pushes BOTOX, and we you tell him you don't want it he throws you out and tells you to find a new Neurologist.
Lenoir City, TN |
One of the rudest people I have ever met, and I am a military veteran who has traveled the world. This man's pockets are obviously lined by pharmaceutical companies because when I didn't want a quick fix pill,he was done. Do NOT waste the time or money with this doctor!
Blount County, TN |
I will never go back to this doctor again.he is arrogant and condescending. Would not recommend him to anyone.
in Knoxville, TN |
Today I had a follow-up visit with Dr. Butler.He was a condescending and acted like Dr God. I was expecting to hear about tests results. He said it looked normal. Very rude. Interrupted me when asking questions. A dozen blood test have been run and I asked him what he had ruled out he said You would need a medical degree to understand the results. Excuse me! Have we ruled out MS? Anything specific? How rude and condescending. I will not be going back.Shameful. I'm transferring to UT
in Knoxville Tn |
I've been a Pt of Dr. Butlers for over 5 yrs. The wait time is ridiculous and good luck getting his nurse Tammy to call you back in a timely fashion. Usually takes her roughly about a wk. Then there is something messed up. He has very poor hygiene, long fingernails etc. Very rude to Pts and will not even look them in the face will talking to them and likes to belittle them as much as possible. Wish I could find another Neurologist but bc of insurance can't. Likes to push pills done your throat!
Maryville, TN |
I've been a patient of Dr. Darel Butler since Oct. 2015. HIS ARRAGANCE, CONDESENDING, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ATTITUDE, IS APAULLING! I could Not ask a Q or say anything w/o a Put-Down comment from him First. DOES NOT take time to explain anything! Too busy talking over me & cutting me off. He questioned how I knew this or that, etc.My PCP/other drs ARE NOT stupid & Neither am I! Still don't know about my results! Can't say more here, due to lack of space in this box, but WILL get the word out!
Have you seen Dr. Darel Butler, MD?
Are you Dr. Butler?

Compare Dr. Butler

Dr. Butler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Butler has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Butler's Board Certifications

• Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Univ Of Ca

Graduated in 1989

Ca Pacific M C Pacific
    University Ca Sf Med Center

Dr. Butler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Butler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology