Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Dr. Dara Havemann, MD
Dr. Dara L. Havemann grew up in rural Missouri and was accepted directly out of high school into the University of Missouri, Kansas City's prestigious accelerated medical program. She completed both her undergraduate and medical school degrees in six years. Dr. Havemann moved to Texas for her residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Texas – Medical Branch (UTMB) in Galveston. After residency she continued her training at UTMB to complete a fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Dr. Havemann simultaneously earned her Master of Medical Science degree and completed her fellowship. UTMB recognized Dr. Havemann for her contributions to teaching and volunteer services at the local free health clinic. Dr. Havemann is an accomplished physician who continues to earn recognition for her exceptional laparoscopic surgical skills and research contributions. She has generated numerous published and presented papers on the topic of embryo implantation and she has a special interest in PCOS and other endocrine system disorders. Her achievements include: The American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists Award The American Society for Reproductive Medicine recognition for proficiency in laparoscopy Best All Around Resident Outstanding Medical Student Teaching awards Texas Association of Obstetrics and Gynecologists research recognition on the topic of ovarian aging Our McKinney fertility specialist is a current member of many national societies, including the American Society for Reproductive Medicine and the Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. After successfully completing fellowship training, Dr. Havemann was invited to relocate to North Dallas to join Dallas IVF as the team's McKinney fertility specialist. Dual board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Dr. Havemann feels honored to be a part of each patient's journey to becoming a family. She believes in an individualized, patient-focused approach to providing the fastest and most efficient path to pregnancy.

5301 W University Dr

McKinney, TX 75071

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Havemann

Dr. Havemann's Experience

Dr. Havemann's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston
  • University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Havemann has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Havemann does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Havemann and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Havemann's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Havemann to family and friends
Dr. Havemann's Performance
in Garland, TX |
This office is run like a car dealership. Your just a customer & the "oh I care about you act" is nothing but a rehearsed sales pitch. It's all about them turning a profit. She also procedure happy. My wellbeing was not at all important to this Dr. And any type of medical care was non existent. After findings out I was lied to at least twice, I lost all trust in this woman. I'd advise everyone to find a better human than this one. Yuck! The taste of her business is utterly disgusting.
Hello there, We are sorry to hear that your recent experience was less than satisfactory. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to try and correct the situation. Please give our office a call at (214) 297-0020 to schedule a meeting with our practice manager to discuss your concerns. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dallas IVF
in North Richland Hills, TX |
Dr. Havemann is notch-nothing but the best for her patients!!! Her staff is much of the same!! The level of support they offer their patients is indescribable! I met Dr. Havemann back in 2012, and started IVF treatments with her in 2013. I now have a perfectly, lovable, rambunctious 3 year old son. When we decided to add to our family, there was no doubt in my mind, I knew I'd be going back to where it all begun, Dr. Havemann. Now we are expecting yet again! Once again-EXCELLENCE!
Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Havemann was everything I could have hoped for in a RE! She was thorough, detailed, and answered all of my questions before I asked them. I felt no need to google anything or bring my own questions/research, because she was so on top of it! Also, the staff here were so attentive and reassuring. They always knew my name, knew my story, and even allowed me to come in for an unplanned extra blood draw one day to ease my mind when I thought my symptoms were fading. WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend!!!!!
in McKinney, TX |
The most caring and compassionate fertility specialist i have ever come into contact with. She listens to your questions/concerns, and is incredibly detailed when explaining her treatment plan. I loved that she was not concerned with continuing to up my clomid dose, but instead went straight to another course of medication and explained why this was a better plan for me specifically. Still need to make it through this pregnancy, but we will definitely return for baby no. 2 when its time!
Hello Rebekah, Thank you so much for the kind words and your review! Dallas IVF Team
in Prosper, TX |
For those struggling with infertility, Dr. Havemann is the sensitive, caring, and honest provider you hope for and need; she took the time to get to know my husband and I as individuals, as a couple, and then as patients. Like many, our journey to start a family has not been easy, but Dr. Havemann and her staff have been encouraging every step of the way.
Hello Kelsey, Thank you so much for your review! We wish you nothing but the best on your fertility journey. Dallas IVF
Prosper, TX |
Dr. Havemann has completely changed our lives. One of the finest physicians I've had the pleasure of working with. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Havemann for her kindness and sincerity in every interaction.
Hello, Thank you for the kind words! We are so lucky to have Dr. Havemann in our Dallas IVF team. She is truly an amazing physician! Dallas IVF
in Dallas, TX |
So many great things about Dr. Havemann and her team at Dallas IVF, specifically the McKinney office. They truly became family on some of the hardest days of my life. All of the nurses were so patient with my questions (no matter how small), very easy to get a hold of, and so patient with my fear of needles, LOL. Dr. Havemann truly gets involved on a personal level with her patients and she helped make things happen for us that I am eternally grateful for. A doctor that cares is a true gift.
Hello Nikki, Thank you for your review and for trusting our McKinney office with your care. Dallas IVF
in Denton, TX |
She is wonderful. She cried with me, laughed with us, and cared for us. She is a caring person with a wonderful bedside manor.
Hello Lindsay, Thank you for your review, it truly means a lot to us! Dallas IVF
in Texarkana, TX |
Dr. Haveman had her hands full when we met. By the time we met I already had a bad experience with another doctor and I was frustrated, hormonal, weary, but hopeful. I went in all prepared with a laundry list of questions and plans...however, after she discussed my chart from memory and then explained in layman terms the plan I was felt at ease and knew she was the right Doctor. She was knowledgeable, kind, and effective. 1st Iui and I was pregnant!!! Blessed to have found her and the best staff
Hello there, We would just like to say THANK YOU for the wonderful review! Dallas IVF
in PLANO |
I went to see Dr Havemann this Nov 2016, desperate and anxious after trying to get pregnant for about two years. She is very nice, intelligent, I like the fact that she wrote my care plan on a piece of paper that I took home. I also was seen by Dr Barnett who was also AMAZING! DR Sara AMAZING, finally Dr Lowell Ku was so sweet and AMAZING! Pretty much I was seen by all four doctors. I want to thank all the nurses especially KIM she is AMAZING! Long story short: I AM PREGNANT WITH TWINS!
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! We love hearing about our patients' experiences with our physicians and staff. And we could not be happier to hear to are pregnant - CONGRATULATIONS!
in Wichita Falls, TX |
Dr. Havemann has been the biggest blessing to us. She is very calm and gentle. She explains everything in a way that we can understand without using medical terminology that goes right over our heads. We learned so much in our few visits with her. I tried other specialists before we were led to Dr. Havemann, and they provided us no help compared to all that was done for us at McKinney Fertility Center. The nurses are calm and patient and never got angry with my million emails.
Hello Ashley, Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! Dallas IVF Team
in Mckinney, TX |
When i was recommended to see the doctor at McKinney Fertility Clinic I was nervous & freaked out. But Dr. Havemann made us feel relaxed and explained the situation we were in and walked us through the plan to conceive. She is a good listener and addressed all of the concerns to make us feel better. She give us a personalized treatment plan and was with us at each and every step. We conceived with minimal treatment in a very short period and was thrilled with the outcome. I highly recommend her.
Hello Ashiwini, It is mission to provide the highest standard of care and individualized treatment, we are glad this is exactly what you received. We appreciate your feedback, this helps us make our clinics better. Thank you, The Dallas IVF Team
in Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Havemann and the entire team at Dallas IVF in McKinney were just wonderful. My wife and I were very nervous about trying to get pregnant. Dr. Havemann was sure to take the time to thoroughly explain everything until we understood. She never made us feel rushed out or like we couldn't ask questions. She even drew a lot of pictures which helped me as a visual learner. We are now at 18 weeks pregnant with our precious girl. we can't wait to introduce our little girl and work with them again!
Hello Megan & Rebecca, We are ecstatic for your joy! Dr. Havemann and the entire McKinney staff appreciate your feedback. Dallas IVF
in Texas |
The whole staff at McKinney Fertility is wonderful from the time you enter the door. They truly care about your well being. Dr Havemann is very intelligent, caring, and sensitive. There are no words to express enough how much we would recommend her. Don't waste your time going anywhere else.
in Era, TX |
Thanks to Dr. Havemann our baby girl finally arrived after years of struggle. She and the entire staff at the Mckinney fertility center were so nice. I really felt like they cared. She is great at explaining all the processes you will go through on the infertility journey. I would definitely recommend her. The entire staff at the Mckinney fertility center made a difficult process so much better.
in Plano, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Havemann and her amazing staff! They are professional, knowledgeable, and took such great care of us. At a difficult time in our lives, Dr. Havemann was incredibly kind and compassionate, and did everything she could to help us. She was incredibly respectful of all our decisions, and offered such great insights into how to proceed with treatment. She listened to all of our concerns, answered all of our questions, and we truly felt we received the best care.
in Dallas, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Havemann and her staff to anyone they are so amazing. I have never felt like I was among family at a doctors office until I started to go here. They have been such a blessing to me and my family. I pray they continue to be blessings to many more families.
in McKinney, TX |
Dr. Havemann and the staff at McKinney are friendly and devoted in taking excellent care of me. We love Dr. Havemann for her knowledge, personalized care and explaining in detail level.
in Mckinney, TX |
We could not recommend Dr. Havemann more. She is incredibly personable and kind and generous with her time, but when necessary, she's also able to have tough conversations with you and give you straightforward information and advice. Her staff is equally impressive, and every aspect of our time with her (including the end result) was incredible. If there was an option above five stars, we'd give her that without hesitation.
Have you seen Dr. Dara Havemann, MD?

Visit Dr. Havemann