Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Danton Dungy, MD
Dr. Danton Dungy, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Chandler, AZ. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Dungy is affiliated with Dignity Health - Chandler Regional Medical Center, Dignity Health - Arizona Orthopedic Surgical Hospital and HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center.

The Paulson Center

2121 W Chandler Blvd Ste 110

Chandler, AZ 85224

• AARP
  • Ameriben
  • American Republic
  • Arizona Medical Network
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Bashas Benefit Trust
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benesight
  • Broadspire
  • City of Mesa Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Dungy

Areas of expertise: Total Knee Replacement, Total Hip Replacement, Total shoulder replacement, Knee arthroscopy, Shoulder arthroscopy.

Dr. Dungy's Experience

Dr. Dungy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Maryland At College Park
  • George Washington University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Massachusetts General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Dungy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dungy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dungy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dungy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dungy to family and friends
Dr. Dungy's Performance
in Chandler, AZ |
Absolutely first rate! I cannot imagine receiving better care than Ireceived from the Dungy Center.
Queen Creek, AZ |
Don't bother unless you want it to take a couple months to find out they can't help you after all. Slow and less than upfront.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Dungy put me at ease and answered all of my questions. He made the procedure as easy as possible. I was up walking without walker after two weeks. Very happy.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Dungy has done replacement surgery on both of my knees. His expertise in this procedure was is amazing. His staff to include Nicole and Renee are most professional and knowledgible. I wouldn't see ANY other Orthopedic Surgeon around. Thanks to the whole office of Dungy Orthopedic Center.... I recommend them to all... Kim Chapman, Mesa AZ
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Dungy performed a Birmingham hip resurface procedure Jan 11th 2008 around noon. He had me standing mid after noon and walked me to the end of the hallway by 4:00 PM. I was released Jan. 12th on crutches. Jan. 13th I was getting around with a walker. Jan 15th I drove to the pharmacy and picked up my prescription, By Jan 16th I was using a cane. By Feb 1st I was walking un-aided. It's April 27, 2017. Still no pain. My daily activities are undeterred and normal. Great Surgeon, Great procedure.
in Sedona, AZ |
Dr. Dungy has skills and is a provider who truly cares about his patients wellness! He is an amazing doctor!
in San Tan Valley, AZ |
Absolutely awesome experience, if that can be said of major surgery. Dr Dungy and his staff were professional and experienced.
in Queen Creek, AZ 85142 |
It is a amazing, that someone with Dr Dungy professional caliber, and friendliness, to be so personably. His staff is top notch. My only regret is I don't have anymore parts for them to work on.
in Chandler, AZ |
Called him 1.5 was after surgery (on a Saturday) because of very pain in the muscles around the incision, left msg he called back within 20 min and gave me instructions on how to relieve the pain
in Chandler, AZ |
Excellent overall experience. The staff, the PA's and Dr Dungy all have the best interest of the patient(me) through the process of a hip replacement. My surgery and initial recovery have been incredible and I have been pleasantly surprised on the speed of recovery. I highly recommend Dungy Orthopetics to anyone in need of a joint replacement.
in Gilbert, AZ 85295 |
Met with Dr Dungy on 4/20/16; appointment was great; enjoyed the staff; have an appointment with Renee on 1/25/17 for further consultation.
in Chandler, AZ |
Awesome surgeon with great bedside manner
Chandler, AZ |
Fabulous experience with everyone in the office.
in Chandler, AZ |
Excellent. Dr Dungy has a wonderful personality. cares excellent.. I would not let anyone else touch my knees. When time is right, I will be back to do my other knee. Wonderful personality. You can tell right away he really cares about his patients.
in Red Rock, AZ |
He and his staff were very professional before and after my surgery. Everything was explained to me before my surgery (including fees) which set my mind at ease. My recovery has been smooth and I was back at work in two and a half months. I even received a rose before I left the hospital.
in Sun Lakes, AZ 85248 |
Extremely professional - obviously very well knowledgeable in orthopedics - and a great personality as well! A visit with Dr. D. is truly a pleasure!! Robert F. Burns
in Phoenix, AZ |
Saw Tina both times I came in. Can't help but wonder if they don't make a lot of Money off gel Injections because after reviewing my MRI results she said orbit rumatoid arth. You don't need surgery. Hot second Opinion from Another doc and within 3 weeks I had full replacement. New doc said gel shots would not work and he saw no arth. My advice?? DO NOT waste time or money on these people.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr Dungy and his staff are wonderful. He did hip surgery on my right hip 8/8/2016 and the result was outstanding. I was discharged in 2 days, in home PT 2 for weeks and driving in 3 weeks. My hip is installed perfectly and I have no significant pain.
in CHandler az |
Everybody was great I couldn't be happier!
in Gilbert, Az |
Felt extremely comfortable with Dr. Dungy and his staff.
in Pinetop, AZ |
Awesome Doctor and associates!! I highly recommend their services to anyone in similar need! All of Dr. Dungy's office associates are patient, friendly and careful listeners. I always feel well cared for and leave with a feeling of well being from Dr. Dungy, Renee, Tina and the all of the other office associates. What a great team! Thanks so much!! Gene Irestone
in Tucson, AZ |
Here's my experience with Dr Dungy August 2016 I was recently diagnosed with a torn meniscus in my knee and was looking for a good doctor to fix it. I found Dr Dungy on the internet and selected him due to the positive reviews. Drove up from Tucson to see this doctor and it was worth the trip. He put me at ease and explained everything and I had complete confidence in him. The subsequent surgery went well and I highly recommend him. One of the best Doctors I have ever had.
in Gilbert, AZ |
An Excellent physician! Top notch. Best Ortho. doctor I've ever seen.
in Maricopa, AZ |
I had total replacement of both knees and have been very pleased both Dr Dungy's Work and his bedside manner. Questions were answered completely and my wife was Included in the process and his office staff were very supportive of her when she called to ask questions post op. I have recommended him highly.
in Chandler, AZ |
I just called for a shoulder injury that likely involves my right shoulder rotator cuff. The injury occurred on Monday, May 23, 2016. I was told by whomever answered the phone at Dr. Dungy's office that the first appointment I could get would be in August 2016. This woman was rude and showed absolutely NO concern for the urgency of my situation. If I have a tear of a rotator cuff muscle, time is of the essence, as atrophy begins at the time of the tear and the surgical repair window is brief.
in Maricopa, AZ |
From Dr.Dungy to everyone in his office,this is an absolutely fantastic crew.! They create an atmosphere of treatment rarely found these days,unhurried and patient,explaining well, responding to your questions so you really are part of a team! If every medical team worked so well, many would have a better opinion of the medical profession. We would highly recommend Dungy Orthopedic Center to anyone needing this type of care.Thanks to all of you for doing such an excellent job!
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Dungy is absolutely amazing!!! He is by far the kindest most sincere and caring physician I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. His knowledge and the way he explains things to his patients leave you feeling comfortable and confident. Additionally, his staff was a pleasure to work with, everything for my surgery was handled professionally and timely.
in Chandler, AZ |
Awesome! Fixed my rotator cuff and I feel fantastic.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Dungy combines technical expertise with a great personality that's almost impossible to find anymore. He's kind, considerate and explains anything you ask in easily understood language. He's an amazing surgeon that explains all your options to make sure you have the information you need to make an informed decision. He has a huge following in this area.
in Sun Lakes, AZ |
very competent orthopedic doctor - replaced my wife's knee with excellent results. He and staff make patients very comfortable with the feeling that they care. He even sent a rose to my wife to enjoy in her hospital room after surgery!
in Gold Canyon, AZ |
I have had 2 total knee replacements through Dr. Dungy. I could not be happier, his bed side manners are fantastic, the including my wife into the conversation made us both feel good. The follow up with his staff has been wonderful. This was my 3rd knee doctor I had gone too and I knew he was the one to use after the first visit.
Have you seen Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Are you Dr. Dungy?

• Ameriben
  • American Republic
    Motorola Health Plans
  • Arizona Medical Network
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
    AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) EPO
    AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) PPO
  • Bashas Benefit Trust
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benesight
  • Health Net
    Health Net HMO
    Health Net PPO
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health