Dr. Danton Dungy, MD

Dr. Danton Dungy, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Danton Dungy, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Chandler, AZ and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago in 1996 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.Read his story

2121 W Chandler Blvd Ste 110

Chandler, AZ 85224

• Ameriben
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • City of Mesa Health Plan
  • Health Net
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Dungy

See how frequently Dr. Dungy performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Knee
Osteoarthritis
Joint Pain

Dr. Dungy's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Dungy's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Dungy "After practicing in the Valley of the Sun for the last 15 years, I decided to open my own orthopedic surgical practice in Chandler, AZ. As the Founder and CEO of The Dungy Orthopedic Center, I take pride in the professionalism that will be provided to you as a patient. I was taught to be proud of the work that I do and thus the name of my practice. I am board certified orthopedic surgeon with a sub-specialization in adult reconstruction (joint replacement). I hold membership in the AMA, the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, and as a fellow of the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) since 2006. I received my B.S. degree in Microbiology at the University of Maryland at College Park during which time I worked as an intern in the Clinical Pathology Department at the National Institutes of Health and performed genetic research at the Johns Hopkins University. I earned my medical degree from the University of Illinois and completed my general surgical internship and orthopedic residency at The George Washington University in Washington, D.C."

This content was provided by Dr. Dungy "Areas of expertise: Total Knee Replacement, Total Hip Replacement, Total shoulder replacement, Knee arthroscopy, Shoulder arthroscopy."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Maryland At College Park
  • George Washington University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Massachusetts General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Dungy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dungy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dungy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dungy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dungy to family and friends

Dr. Dungy's Performance

I have recommending Dr. Dungy to many people and two different people have had knee replacement and they too have been very happy. He was my third Orthopedic Doctor over the last 10 years. The only one who was willing to help me. Wished I would have found him sooner so I did have to wait 10 years...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Dungy is both extremely personable and competent. An OR nurse recommended him after learning that I was not having optimal results elsewhere. My Knee replacement was scheduled promptly and even the check in, pre-op, recovery room, and hospital room staff touted about his competence and how he...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0
Absolutely first rate! I cannot imagine receiving better care than Ireceived from the Dungy Center.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Don't bother unless you want it to take a couple months to find out they can't help you after all. Slow and less than upfront.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option2
Dr. Dungy put me at ease and answered all of my questions. He made the procedure as easy as possible. I was up walking without walker after two weeks. Very happy.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0