Dr. Danton Dungy, MD

Dr. Danton Dungy, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Danton Dungy, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Chandler, AZ and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago in 1996 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and hip & knee orthopedics.Read his story

2121 W Chandler Blvd Ste 110

Chandler, AZ 85224

• Ameriben
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • City of Mesa Health Plan
  • Health Net
  • HealthSmart

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Dungy's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Dungy's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Dungy treats Osteoarthritis of Knee more than 100% of his peers

Osteoarthritis

Dr. Dungy treats Osteoarthritis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Dungy treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle

• Systemic Sclerosis
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Areas of expertise: Total Knee Replacement, Total Hip Replacement, Total shoulder replacement, Knee arthroscopy, Shoulder arthroscopy.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

95.0920245398773%

Dr. Dungy?
Dr. Dungy's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Danton Dungy, MD
I just had my second hip replaced by Dr Dungy. He is a five out of five star surgeon. The hospital staff told me they love working with his patients because of the great outcomes. He works directly with hospital staff from nurses to PT staff. He answers every question. When he isn’t available his PA Horton is highly responsive. He gets an unqualified recommendation from me. He treats spouses with as much respect as his patients. The entire Dungy Team is second to none. If you want the best, Dr Dungy is your surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Excellent experience with Dr Dungy and his office. I was being evaluated for hip replacement surgery. Gave me all the information I needed to make an informed decision to have surgery. Because he had a surgical backlog that would put my surgery and recovery into summer, I chose not to have my surgery in Arizona in the summer. I was given copies of my summary and of my xrays on a disc to take to North Carolina with me. He also was kind enough to recommend a surgeon in North Carolina. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
After having a total hip replacement one year ago, I am doing things that I was unable to do for years. I have no pain and am very pleased with Dr.Dungy and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
I have recommended 4 people to Dr Dungy and know of 2 that had knee replacements and were extremely happy with his professionalism, staff and their treatment. I too have had a knee replacement after dealing with knee pain for 10 years and dealing with 2 other Orthopedic Surgery that weren't unhelpful. Dr. Dungy understood what I wanted and helped me, I am grateful for this and will continue to recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Absolutely I would. Caring ,concerned ,gives wonderful information makes you feel confident about the surgery. I'd rate him with 10 stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
The mannerism of Dr Dungy is outstanding. Very down to earth. Everyone explains all the procedures very clearly and answers all of my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Felt very comfortable with Dr. Dungy, his nurse and assistant. Not so much with receptionist, felt she would rather be someplace else . Also didn't realize that having an appointment meant you wouldn't be seen for 2 hours for a 10 minute visit. He was informative and has a great attitude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Dr. Dungy is both extremely personable and competent. An OR nurse recommended him after learning that I was not having optimal results elsewhere. My Knee replacement was scheduled promptly and even the check in, pre-op, recovery room, and hospital room staff touted about his competence and how he was their favorite surgeon. After a subsequent injury on the knee, he was able to fix what seemed to be impossible. I'm walking well without pain or drugs, 2 weeks later. I tell every one about Dungy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Absolutely first rate! I cannot imagine receiving better care than Ireceived from the Dungy Center.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Don't bother unless you want it to take a couple months to find out they can't help you after all. Slow and less than upfront.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Dr. Dungy put me at ease and answered all of my questions. He made the procedure as easy as possible. I was up walking without walker after two weeks. Very happy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Dr. Dungy has done replacement surgery on both of my knees. His expertise in this procedure was is amazing. His staff to include Nicole and Renee are most professional and knowledgible. I wouldn't see ANY other Orthopedic Surgeon around. Thanks to the whole office of Dungy Orthopedic Center.... I recommend them to all... Kim Chapman, Mesa AZ
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Dr. Dungy performed a Birmingham hip resurface procedure Jan 11th 2008 around noon. He had me standing mid after noon and walked me to the end of the hallway by 4:00 PM. I was released Jan. 12th on crutches. Jan. 13th I was getting around with a walker. Jan 15th I drove to the pharmacy and picked up my prescription, By Jan 16th I was using a cane. By Feb 1st I was walking un-aided. It's April 27, 2017. Still no pain. My daily activities are undeterred and normal. Great Surgeon, Great procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Dr. Dungy has skills and is a provider who truly cares about his patients wellness! He is an amazing doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Absolutely awesome experience, if that can be said of major surgery. Dr Dungy and his staff were professional and experienced.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
It is a amazing, that someone with Dr Dungy professional caliber, and friendliness, to be so personably. His staff is top notch. My only regret is I don't have anymore parts for them to work on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Called him 1.5 was after surgery (on a Saturday) because of very pain in the muscles around the incision, left msg he called back within 20 min and gave me instructions on how to relieve the pain
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Excellent overall experience. The staff, the PA's and Dr Dungy all have the best interest of the patient(me) through the process of a hip replacement. My surgery and initial recovery have been incredible and I have been pleasantly surprised on the speed of recovery. I highly recommend Dungy Orthopetics to anyone in need of a joint replacement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Met with Dr Dungy on 4/20/16; appointment was great; enjoyed the staff; have an appointment with Renee on 1/25/17 for further consultation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danton Dungy, MD?
Awesome surgeon with great bedside manner
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Dungy?

The Dungy Orthopedic Center

• Fri: closed
    • Sat: closed

Insurance accepted

Ameriben
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
Medicare Advantage HMO
City of Mesa Health Plan
Health Net
Health Net PPO
HealthSmart
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Meritain Health