Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD

Colorectal SurgeryFemaleAge 36

Dr. Giesler

Texas Colon & Rectal Specialists

2821 E President George Bush Hwy Ste 502 Richardson, TX 75082

Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Richardson, TX. She is affiliated with Methodist Richardson Medical Center. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Giesler to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Colorectal Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Giesler's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Giesler's Top Procedures and Conditions

Pelvic Abscess

Dr. Giesler treats Pelvic Abscess more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Giesler treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

Laparoscopic Excision or Destruction of Ovary With Robotic Assistance

Dr. Giesler performs Laparoscopic Excision or Destruction of Ovary With Robotic Assistance more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Giesler performs this procedure more than 100% of her peers

• Crohn's Disease
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Duodenal Polypectomy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Inguinal Hernia
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Ischemic Colitis
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic or Paraesophageal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Excision or Destruction of Ovary With Robotic Assistance
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pelvic Abscess
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Giesler accepts

Dr. Giesler accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Giesler's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Giesler

4.5

Dr. Giesler
I have been seeing Dr Giesler for almost 4 years now. She and her staff are amazing. They definitely go above and beyond in care and professionalism.
Jul 09, 2021
I cannot speak of Dr. Giesler yet, but I had a good experience with her nurse practitioner Maureen. I have some weird symptoms that don't fully line up with normal things, but definitely felt like we are headed in the right direction. This was only a initial visit to get checked out with a surgery scheduled in a few days, so will update then if needed. Now onto the staff. Shelly was FANTASTIC. She could tell I was worried and concerned when scheduling the surgery because insurance is always an issue, but she took care of it like a Rockstar. She asked if i was in a hurry, which i wasn't, and she got straight on the phones with insurance, surgery centers, etc. and was able to get it all scheduled. I have never been around someone while they are doing this, but let me tell you, there is a lot of calls, medical codes, redirects, in network checks to get this all lined up. I have had some doctors take weeks to get me maybes, in what she was able to get done in a matter of minutes.
Ryan W – May 07, 2021
Dr. Giesler and her entire staff were outstanding. The initial consultation was informative and complete, calming my fears about my condition and preparing me for the path forward. As a surgeon, Dr. Giesler is top notch. The follow up and after care was first rate, as well. Each member of her staff worked with me and each interaction was a positive experience. They have a great group. Above all, I was treated with dignity and respect by everyone on the team. I strongly recommend Dr. Giesler and her team.
RH – Apr 11, 2021
Dr. Giesler is such a wonderful doctor and surgeon. I unexpectedly had to go through two surgical procedures with such short notice, and she perfectly handled them in a calm and collected manner up until the point I was completely healed. She was always very kind when approaching me, attentive when listening to my needs, and thorough when answering my questions. My family had always gotten the assistance we needed anytime we reached out to the staff or Dr. Giesler outside appointments as well. I highly recommend Dr. Giesler for anyone looking for a colorectal specialist.
Jan 26, 2021
Dr Giesler is very intelligent, extreme caring and she goes above and beyond the patient care which she did to myself and my daughter. She is so good that she gets the root cause of the issue and resolve it rather than beating round the bush. I simply say, She is the best and awesome doctor that my family has ever come across... Thank you so much for taking care of myself and daughter and not only that even the staff is very courteous and give warm welcome when are at her clinic. I would highly recommend this Doctor for any Gastro, Chrones, ulcerative colitis or any digestive problems that anyone has it... What amazes me is that at such an young age, not only she is intelligent and help the patient to cure the illness but also use latest and greatest technology that are available in the market. She makes sure and aware of the things to the patient in advance and accordingly will take care of the patient cure. I simply love her for her admiration, passion for the patient & her work...
Srinivas – Jan 26, 2021
Srini K – Jan 26, 2021
When I think of Dr. Danielle Giesler I think of an angle who saved my life. Dr. Giesler is a very understanding, compassionate and knowledgeable doctor who deal with her patients on a personal level. In 2019 I was rushed to emergency for excruciating stomach pain. Dr. Giesler made me feel at ease. With patience she explained everything in detail, including all my options and answered all my questions. She is thorough in explaining the situation, while maintaining a pleasant attitude. There were many complications during and after the surgery but Doctor gave me her individual attention and calm me down with her constant visits and caring touch. She communicated throughout the entire recovery process while I was in hospital. She is very friendly, easy to talk to and professional in handling everything. Doctor remained available to answer any question that we had once we returned home. Thank you for saving my life! I would highly recommend Dr. Giesler to my family and friends.
S.K. – Jan 14, 2021
I met Dr. Giesler when I was admitted into the hospital with diverticulitis. She was very kind and thorough, I could tell she genuinely cared about me and my health. She ended up doing my colectomy about a month later. The process was painless, both literally and figuratively. I was warned by others that this was going to be a really tough surgery, but the worst part for me was not eating for several days to prep. I had surgery on a Wednesday and then walked 7 miles that following Saturday without pain. I will definitely go back to Dr. Giesler if I have any future colon issues.
Brittany Wetherington – Jan 12, 2021
Excellent doctor/surgeon from first visit to complete healing. All questions answered with clarity and patience. Could not be more happy with the results of my surgery and recovery.
William Armstrong – Dec 29, 2020
I can't thank Dr. Giesler enough for taking such good care of me. I was very nervous coming in to see her but she fully explained my diagnosis and treatment options to me in a way that helped me to relax a bit. The colorectal robotics surgery that I had went very smoothly without complications. She is not only compassionate and caring she has an excellent bedside manner and does her best to minimize any unforeseen complications. The office staff were very helpful as well. She has my highest recommendation. Thanks again Dr. G!
Niki U. – Dec 13, 2020
Safed my life bad Ulcerative Colitis Flare she had to remove all the colon and rectum but now reverse with JPouch.... She walk me through every step if I knew what I know I would have done this way before my colon ruptured.... She is just the best of the best...
Nov 26, 2020
Unprofessional office staff and Dr did not call me to follow up with radiologist report. Nor has she called to schedule a 2nd test she said was needed. I have not been able to reach her to get any answers. I’ve tried calling numerous times and the phone just rings with no way to leave a message.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Sep 12, 2020
Dr. Geisler performed my complete Hemorrhoidectomy, which I had ignorantly put off due to embarrassment and fear. She and her staff were so professional and kind throughout the initial exam that my anxiety quickly vanished, and she explained the options and procedures very well. I think that she did prepare me for post op pain and spent plenty of time. The operation went smoothly and she sent me home well medicated and supplied with everything I needed to help ease discomfort as best as possible. Within two weeks I was doing very well, and within a month I was totally fine. I only regret that I struggled through several years of pain and that I didn’t get in sooner. I highly recommend Dr. Geisler and I’m grateful that she took such good care of me.
Joyce DeWitt – Jun 12, 2020
I have been dealing with hemorrhoids for about 10 years and just put up with them as most people do. I finally got tired of the issue and pulled Danielle name out of a hat as she was at Methodist also. What a good choice I made. She was very straight forward and explained everything that I asked. We were just coming out of the Covid 19 lock down but her office staff somehow squeezed me in for surgery within a week. WOW. Didn't know what to expect with the surgery but it was a breeze, no problems or side affects. I was back to work in a little over a week with no issues. Thanks DOC C.Brister
C.Brister – Jun 08, 2020
Dr. Giesler is a very efficient doctor but she did not explain anything well at all. The face-time you will receive from her is minimal and I feel as though she downplays possible pain you may feel from procedures. Personally, this is very important to me which is why, in the future, I will look for a different doctor for my needs.
Jess – Jun 06, 2020
Not good at all
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 06, 2020
Over the last 14 months I've seen Dr. Giesler for a number of different issues. I'm very appreciative of the excellent care she has given me along with a very efficient and courteous staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Giesler for any issues related to her area of expertise.
Armand Colaninni – Jan 21, 2020
Very personable and knowledgeable. Office staff is very nice and helpful. Would have no problems going back to her again if needed.
Dec 31, 2019
Dr. Giesler performed my colon surgery and a port emplacement for my upcoming Chemo treatments. Both were very successful with minimal pain for the first and almost no pain for the second. She did a marvelous job and I also appreciated her time spent with me to explain my care plan in plain and very understandable language. Highly recommend her for anyone contemplating surgery or a colonoscopy.
M. Collum – Dec 13, 2019
I have been a patient of TCRS since August 2019. Dr Danielle Giesler is my surgeon. The level of care from Dr Giesler and her staff has been phenomenal. From initial intake, situation assessment, explanation of necessary surgery, and recovery process insight, Dr Giesler's knowledge was excellent as she covered all topics thoroughly. Her personable approach to patient care is exemplary. I am glad and thankful Dr Giesler is part of my care team along with Dr Calderone, Dr Kethu and Dr Trumbly. Thank you also to Dr Giesler's staff, Vanessa, Jennika, (I can't remember the others) as they were nothing short of helpful and professional in my visits to their office.
R Nieto – Oct 10, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Giesler?

Throughout our practice, we strive to develop strong patient connections that make each experience a positive one. Our highly qualified team of physicians,...Read more

Dr. Danielle Giesler completed her surgery residency at the University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville followed by completion of her colon...Read more

• Colorectal Surgery