Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD

Colorectal Surgery ·  Female · Age 34

Dr. Giesler

Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD is a colorectal surgery specialist in Richardson, TX and has been practicing for 3 years. She graduated from UNIV OF MO-KANSAS CITY SCH OF MED in 2009 and specializes in colorectal surgery and general surgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Giesler accepts

Dr. Giesler accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Giesler's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Colorectal Cancer
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Hernia Repair
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Screening Colonoscopy
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Throughout our practice, we strive to develop strong patient connections that make each experience a positive one. Our highly qualified team of physicians, nurses, and office staff are committed to providing the highest standards of care, to ensure the best possible outcomes.

• Colorectal Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Giesler

Dr. Giesler?
Dr. Giesler's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD
Dr. Giesler took excellent care of me as a patient! She is knowledgeable, caring and experienced! I am an operating room nurse and honestly, I was beyond petrified when I went to see her and she held my hand and kept me calm throughout the entire healing process. I couldn’t have done this with any other surgeon! She went above and beyond and I am so grateful to her! Lastly, her staff helped make this difficult journey as stress free as possible by working with my schedule so patiently!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
great experience. Caring, thoughtful, listens. Felt comfortable with entire staff. I highly recommend Dr. Giesler.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Most important - Dr. Geisler is a fantastic surgeon - a wizard with the Da Vinci Robotics tool. It's a bonus that she is very caring and able to connect with her patients. She described exactly what she was going to do, and answered all our questions completely. My wife had large cancer to remove, a very scary thing. For this you need super competence; she has it. Should my wife, I, or our children need similar surgery later, Dr. Giesler would be our surgeon. I would recommend her to anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
There is not enough space in this paragraph to explain how Dr. Giesler saved my life. It might sound like an exaggeration, but this is how I feel. When Dr. Giesler saw me two months ago for the first time, my health was rapidly deteriorating. I was draining infection from my right hip, I had infected wound, with bright red irritated skin around it, had pain walking and was anxious and depressed. She performed surgery to clear my infection, repair the fistula and put the wound VAC in my wound
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Terrible experience with her. He never took the time to listen to my health problem. Seemed to be in a rush all the time. One of her assistants was very rude to me when explaining treatment options.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Highly competent. Compassionate. Pleasant. Office personnel are also competent and very nice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Very compassionate, excellent listener , thoroughly explains procedures and after care. To me she represents 1 example that I wish more Doctors should follow. I am very grateful that another Doctor directed me to her office. My quality of life has and is so much better after allowing her to take care of my problems . I am 1 person that truly belives that you would not go wrong by making am appt. With excellent Doctor. I consider myself very lucky to have her as 1 of my excellent Doctors
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Highly recommend Danielle Giesler for her knowledge but most of all her compassion for her patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
I generally avoid doctors but I was at a point where, although embarrassed, I was in an immense amount of pain and knew something was wrong. Dr. Giesler and her staff put me completely at ease. I especially appreciated the doctor’s help in explaining everything before the procedure. It made me far more comfortable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
I have always been able to talk to the doctor and get my problems resolved. Coming here is like dealing with trusted family. Everyone was very nice, and it is nice to be treated well since you are the patient in need of help. Caring, smiling and laughing is good atmosphere for patients. I was very well taken care of. This was the best team of medical staff I have been around in a long time. The Doctor had been busy but still took the time to make me feel like I was the only patient there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Demands to use an out-of-network anesthesia provider for colonoscopy. I had to cancel and find an in network team, but after I had spent the co-pay and UHC paid the office visit claim.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
I really feel I owe my life to this doctor, I entered the hospital in such pain - perforated colon and lots of infection. Dr. Giesler did emergency surgery, putting in a drain and adding antibiotic treatment for a few weeks prior to removing part of my colon. It was my greatest wish not to have a colostomy bag....she did EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to prevent that for me and succeeded. She is so kind and caring, listens to you and leaves no question unanswered.. Her staff goes above and beyond to help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Very friendly experience. Natalie was very kind and made me feel comfortable when I was checking in.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Awesome doctor - instead of looking at family members when visiting she was totally focused on me. She really listened to me about my issues and did not dismiss them. She is a very caring and compassionate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Dr. Geisler and her staff are incredibly kind, patient and professional. She took very good care of me throughout my entire visit by listening to me and talking me through what she was doing. Then she sat with me and explained my aftercare and what to except going forward. I highly recommend this office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
I have nothing but praise for Dr. Gielser both professionally and personally. I went through quite a lengthy, taxing, and painful ordeal during my hospitalization. Dr. Giesler made it a point to talk with me or check on me (often several times daily) and even called me in my room when she went out of town on a family emergency! The interest and concern she showed me went WAY BEYOND any previous experience I had with any other physician. She is kind and caring and you want her on your team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
I unfortunately see a number of doctors. Dr. Giesler and her staff are head and shoulder above all others. She is professional, explains throughly the proces she is about to perform. You never sense an urgency to move you out quickly. She answers any questions or concerns you have. I know she does not have the time to do this for all patients but she called me at home to check on me after an earlier in the day procedure. I felt like the commercial, 'your in good hands'.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
I would highly recommend them to anybody that I know and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Giesler?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Giesler treats patients.