Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD

Dr. Giesler
Telehealth services available

Texas Colon & Rectal Specialists

2821 E President George Bush Hwy Ste 502 Richardson, TX 75082

Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Richardson, TX. She is affiliated with Methodist Richardson Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Giesler to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Colorectal Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Colorectal Surgery Specialists in Richardson

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Giesler accepts

Dr. Giesler accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Giesler's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Colorectal Cancer
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Hernia Repair
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Screening Colonoscopy
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Giesler's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Giesler

Dr. Giesler?
Dr. Geisler performed my complete Hemorrhoidectomy, which I had ignorantly put off due to embarrassment and fear. She and her staff were so professional and kind throughout the initial exam that my anxiety quickly vanished, and she explained the options and procedures very well. I think that she did prepare me for post op pain and spent plenty of time. The operation went smoothly and she sent me home well medicated and supplied with everything I needed to help ease discomfort as best as possible. Within two weeks I was doing very well, and within a month I was totally fine. I only regret that I struggled through several years of pain and that I didn’t get in sooner. I highly recommend Dr. Geisler and I’m grateful that she took such good care of me.
Joyce DeWitt – Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
I have been dealing with hemorrhoids for about 10 years and just put up with them as most people do. I finally got tired of the issue and pulled Danielle name out of a hat as she was at Methodist also. What a good choice I made. She was very straight forward and explained everything that I asked. We were just coming out of the Covid 19 lock down but her office staff somehow squeezed me in for surgery within a week. WOW. Didn't know what to expect with the surgery but it was a breeze, no problems or side affects. I was back to work in a little over a week with no issues. Thanks DOC C.Brister
C.Brister – Jun 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Dr. Giesler is a very efficient doctor but she did not explain anything well at all. The face-time you will receive from her is minimal and I feel as though she downplays possible pain you may feel from procedures. Personally, this is very important to me which is why, in the future, I will look for a different doctor for my needs.
Jess – Jun 06, 2020
Not good at all
Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Over the last 14 months I've seen Dr. Giesler for a number of different issues. I'm very appreciative of the excellent care she has given me along with a very efficient and courteous staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Giesler for any issues related to her area of expertise.
Armand Colaninni – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Very personable and knowledgeable. Office staff is very nice and helpful. Would have no problems going back to her again if needed.
Dec 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Dr. Giesler performed my colon surgery and a port emplacement for my upcoming Chemo treatments. Both were very successful with minimal pain for the first and almost no pain for the second. She did a marvelous job and I also appreciated her time spent with me to explain my care plan in plain and very understandable language. Highly recommend her for anyone contemplating surgery or a colonoscopy.
M. Collum – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
I have been a patient of TCRS since August 2019. Dr Danielle Giesler is my surgeon. The level of care from Dr Giesler and her staff has been phenomenal. From initial intake, situation assessment, explanation of necessary surgery, and recovery process insight, Dr Giesler's knowledge was excellent as she covered all topics thoroughly. Her personable approach to patient care is exemplary. I am glad and thankful Dr Giesler is part of my care team along with Dr Calderone, Dr Kethu and Dr Trumbly. Thank you also to Dr Giesler's staff, Vanessa, Jennika, (I can't remember the others) as they were nothing short of helpful and professional in my visits to their office.
R Nieto – Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Giesler . She is very patient, calm and listens to patient concerns with a caring attitude that is important in helping the patient in there well-being. Her staff is very professional and courteous. Excellent service!! Thank you Dr.Giesler and staff!! Mother of a patient 2019
Sep 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Dr. Giesler took excellent care of me as a patient! She is knowledgeable, caring and experienced! I am an operating room nurse and honestly, I was beyond petrified when I went to see her and she held my hand and kept me calm throughout the entire healing process. I couldn’t have done this with any other surgeon! She went above and beyond and I am so grateful to her! Lastly, her staff helped make this difficult journey as stress free as possible by working with my schedule so patiently!
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
great experience. Caring, thoughtful, listens. Felt comfortable with entire staff. I highly recommend Dr. Giesler.
TX – Feb 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Most important - Dr. Geisler is a fantastic surgeon - a wizard with the Da Vinci Robotics tool. It's a bonus that she is very caring and able to connect with her patients. She described exactly what she was going to do, and answered all our questions completely. My wife had large cancer to remove, a very scary thing. For this you need super competence; she has it. Should my wife, I, or our children need similar surgery later, Dr. Giesler would be our surgeon. I would recommend her to anyone
Plano, TX – Jan 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
There is not enough space in this paragraph to explain how Dr. Giesler saved my life. It might sound like an exaggeration, but this is how I feel. When Dr. Giesler saw me two months ago for the first time, my health was rapidly deteriorating. I was draining infection from my right hip, I had infected wound, with bright red irritated skin around it, had pain walking and was anxious and depressed. She performed surgery to clear my infection, repair the fistula and put the wound VAC in my wound
Mirjana Barron in Plano , TX – Dec 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Terrible experience with her. He never took the time to listen to my health problem. Seemed to be in a rush all the time. One of her assistants was very rude to me when explaining treatment options.
Oscar in McKinney – Dec 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Highly competent. Compassionate. Pleasant. Office personnel are also competent and very nice.
Dec 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Very compassionate, excellent listener , thoroughly explains procedures and after care. To me she represents 1 example that I wish more Doctors should follow. I am very grateful that another Doctor directed me to her office. My quality of life has and is so much better after allowing her to take care of my problems . I am 1 person that truly belives that you would not go wrong by making am appt. With excellent Doctor. I consider myself very lucky to have her as 1 of my excellent Doctors
Allen in Quinlan,Tx. – Apr 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Highly recommend Danielle Giesler for her knowledge but most of all her compassion for her patients.
Lori Thrash – Apr 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
I generally avoid doctors but I was at a point where, although embarrassed, I was in an immense amount of pain and knew something was wrong. Dr. Giesler and her staff put me completely at ease. I especially appreciated the doctor’s help in explaining everything before the procedure. It made me far more comfortable.
T. McDaniel in Dallas, TX – Mar 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
I have always been able to talk to the doctor and get my problems resolved. Coming here is like dealing with trusted family. Everyone was very nice, and it is nice to be treated well since you are the patient in need of help. Caring, smiling and laughing is good atmosphere for patients. I was very well taken care of. This was the best team of medical staff I have been around in a long time. The Doctor had been busy but still took the time to make me feel like I was the only patient there.
SK in Irving, TX – Mar 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?
Demands to use an out-of-network anesthesia provider for colonoscopy. I had to cancel and find an in network team, but after I had spent the co-pay and UHC paid the office visit claim.
Henry Clark in Richardson – Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Danielle Giesler, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Giesler?

Throughout our practice, we strive to develop strong patient connections that make each experience a positive one. Our highly qualified team of physicians, nurses, and office staff are committed to providing the highest standards of care, to ensure the best possible outcomes.

• Colorectal Surgery

• Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • General Surgery

2016
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital - Dallas

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Giesler communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Giesler communicates via email

• Does Dr. Giesler offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Giesler offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Giesler offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Giesler offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Giesler have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Giesler has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Giesler offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Giesler offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Giesler offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Giesler offers evening visits