Dr. Daniela Botolin, MD

General Surgery | Female

Dr. Daniela Botolin, MD
Dr. Daniela Botolin was born and raised in Chisinau, Moldova. She received her medical degree from State Medical & Pharmaceutical University "Nicolae Testemitanu", Chisinau, Moldova in 2000. Upon moving to United States, she did a postdoctoral fellowship at Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan, where she studied fatty acid metabolism in relation to diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Afterwards, she joined the division of Cardiology at University of Colorado Denver and studied molecular mechanisms of heart failure. She completed a general surgery internship at University of Colorado in 2012 followed by residency in general surgery at The George Washington University in Washington, DC. During her residency she received the prestigious AOA membership award and presented clinical research at multiple conferences including at the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Botolin's clinical interests include gallbladder surgery, breast surgery, abdominal wall reconstruction, complex hernia repair, thyroid and parathyroid surgeries and colorectal procedures. Dr. Botolin and her husband have a son in college. She loves outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing and running. She is a great cook and enjoys playing piano. She also is fluent in Romanian and Russian language. She is looking forward to spending the next part of her life in beautiful Colorado, dedicated to excellent patient care.

Dr. Botolin's Care Philosophy

Excellence patient care.

Dr. Botolin's Experience

See how Dr. Botolin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Botolin

Dr. Botolin accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Botolin is now accepting new patients
    North Springs Surgical Associates, PC6071 E Woodmen Rd
    Colorado Springs, CO 80923
    (719) 591-8100Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Botolin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Botolin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Botolin to family and friends
    Dr. Botolin's Performance
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    I was referred to Dr Botolin by my family physician to have my gallbladder removed. I was able to schedule an office visit the very next day. She explained my condition, treatment options, and the related risks. Surgery was scheduled within a week. My case presented some complications, but despite that recovery has been very smooth and relatively pain free. I would happily refer friends and family to Dr Botolin and the North Springs Surgical Associates.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Botolin is a fantastic doctor. I was having pain with my gallbladder and she walked me through ever step. She made me feel at ease through the whole process of having my gallbladder removed. She definitely cares about her patients and I would highly recommend Dr. Botolin.
    in Columbus, OH |
    Very Highly Recommend. Dr Botolin performed emergency surgery for a twisted intestine in my dad, when the surgery was complete, she explain everything to us and answered any questions. He was in the hospital for 9 days and Dr. Botolin checked on him everyday, some days twice a day, and on her days off. She would call us directly to give us an update if we were not at the hospital. Upon release, she made sure we had everything setup for his care at home. Best experience by far with a Dr.
    in Colorado Springs CO |
    Dr. Botolin and her staff were excellent. The surgery went smooth with no complications. It was a very friendly and professional environment that gave me great confidence and ease going into the surgery. I would definitely return in the future if I ever needed another surgery. I would highly recommend them.
    in Colorado Springs |
    Fantastic doctor and surgeon. Great bedside manner and is 10% upfront with you. Dr. Botolin answered all my questions and super helpful.
    in Colorado |
    I met Dr Batolin at saint Francis she was just so passionate and caring, explained to me very well the type of surgery I was getting done. Then after surgery her compassion and attitude were great. So greatful to have met her.
    in Colorado Springs CO |
    I did not meet Dr. Botolin until after she saved my life. I had suffered a ruptured appendix masked by the hysterectomy I'd had the week before. The 5cm abscess present in my abdominal cavity was only the beginning. I was lined with layers of infection, experienced septic shock, and simply should not have made it. I truly know that Daniela Botolin saved my life by being my trauma surgeon. She visited my hospital room multiple times and monitored my progress closely. Thank you, Dr. Botolin!
    Monument, CO |
    Dr Botolin was so awesome! First time we saw her, she advised us if condition didn't get better, to go to the ER. Later same day, we had to go to the ER; I called her just before we left and she said she'd meet us there! She is a first class surgeon, who really cares about her patients. Her follow through is excellent and great personality. I would highly recommend her.
    in Monument, CO |
    Vary nice and definitely cares about her patients
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    3-2-17 In an unexpected twist, Dr. Botolin encountered the difficult task of removing a 1#, grapefruit size lipoma tumor from my back. It had burrowed under my shoulder blade and attached to the chest wall. She meticulously cut through 3 muscle layers to remove what she called, "The Beast," remarking it was the most difficult she has ever removed. She was very caring and I greatly appreciate her dedication to excellence in surgery. I heartily commend Dr Daniela. She's a blessing!
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Botolin saved my husband's life. He needed emergency surgery and was in septic shock when we arrived in the E.R... She also successfully performed a secondary surgery for him as well. Her bedside manner, compassion, and positive attitude were incredibly comforting and helpful during such a scary time. There is no way to express how grateful we are to Dr. Botolin. My husband would likely not be here without her expertise.
    in Colorado Springs,co |
    Dr Botolin, saw me in the hospital with gallbladder pain and when I found out I was pregnant. She worked closely with my Ob Dr and figured out right time to take my gallbladder out, which was 15 weeks. She was so compassionate in my care and attentive. I was so nervous having surgery while pregnant and she calmed my nerves. This is how doctors should care for patients. I definitely recommend.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    I met Dr. Botolin in the E.R for emergency surgery. Her kind, professional, and sincere heart put me and my family at ease immediately! Her explanation of what she was going to do was esquisitely laid out for us to understand what her job and goal was. After surgery her bed side manners were warming and encouraging. I am truly blessed to have had her in my corner when things were happening suddenly and unexpectedly! I will always refer any colleague, friend and family to her in need of surgery
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr Batolin just happened to be the on-call surgeon at St Francis Medical Center on Jan 1, 2017 when I had to rush my wife to the Emergency Room for a life-threatening condition. She led the surgical team that saved my wife's life, but her care went much further than her amazing knowledge and expertise in the operating room. Her daily follow-up visits to her in the hospital were more than just check-the-box routine visits. She was direct, reassuring, and compassionate.
    Have you seen Dr. Daniela Botolin, MD?
    Are you Dr. Botolin?

Dr. Botolin says...

Dr. Botolin's Care Philosophy

Excellence patient care.

Dr. Botolin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Appendicitis

State Medical Institute Of Chisinau

Graduated in 2000

• Romanian
    • Russian

Dr. Botolin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Botolin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery