Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD
Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Newport Beach, CA. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Yanni is affiliated with Children's Hospital of Orange County, Saddleback Memorial Medical Center- Laguna Hills, Saint Joseph Hospital, Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center and Hoag Hospital Newport Beach.

351 Hospital Rd Ste 218

Newport Beach, CA 92663

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net
  • Optima Health
  • Premera Blue Cross

Learn about Dr. Yanni

Dr. Yanni's Experience

Dr. Yanni's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Failed Back Surgery Revision
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Thoracic Disc Surgery
  • Thoracic Sympathectomy for Sweaty Palms

No malpractice history found for California.

• UCLA Westwood
  • St Luke's-Roosevelt Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Rutgers Med Sch-Umdnj
    Other Education | Completed 2010

Dr. Yanni has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yanni does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yanni and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yanni's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yanni to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Yanni's Performance
Costa Mesa, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Yanni about a year ago when pain management could no longer control my chronic spondylolysis lower back pain. The doctor reviewed my records and history to ensure all treatment options had been exhausted. The doctor discussed surgical options and suggested getting second opinions. When second opinions reinforced the severity of my condition, I chose Dr. Yanni for his expertise and knowledge. After surgery, the doctor gave me guidelines to adhere to and checked on me via r
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Dr. Yanni is an extremely talented neurosurgeon. I had a degenerative C5-C6 disc, disc bulge, stenosis, and bone spurs. I had a C5-C6 diskectomy and fusion. Dr Yanni explained in detail the procedure with possible risks, complications, and possible outcomes. For every risk or complication he told me his plan of action to mitigate or correct all possibilities. My surgery was a 110% success! I had zero complications, and a much easier than expected recovery, and have never felt better.
in Newport Beach, CA |
Dr. Daniel Yanni has a pleasant, competent & flexible office staff . He saw me right after I herniated a disc (L5-L6) and was unable to walk. I was in horrific pain in my lower back & down my right leg all the way to my toes. In addition to the pain, I was suffering from right leg & foot nerve numbness. I could not lift my right heel off of the floor. Dr. Yanni performed microdiscectomy surgery and unlodged a nerve fragment from me nerve in my leg. I walk without pain and have no nerve damage.
in Fountain Valley, CA |
For a year+ I had been suffering progressively worse numbness, tingling, burning, aching from a very large lumbar disc herniation. I am 10 days post-op for microdiscectomy at L4/5, and I have been free of nerve pain from the moment I came out of anesthesia. From my first consultation, Dr. Y was easy to relate to, clear and direct. He took the time to be very thorough, answer all questions. He made his recommendation for surgery clear without pressuring me to agree. Great experience and results.
in Costa Mesa, CA |
Dr. Yanni is not only a very, very talented neurosurgeon, but a person who does not rush to surgical recommendation without first exhausting other avenues. I had C6-C7 fusion surgery and it could not have been any more miraculous. Dr. Yanni knew exactly what needed to be done and completed the procedure in about 4 hours or so. My recovery has been phenominal with little pain. I highly recoomend Dr. Yanni for your consideration as a neurosurgeon.
in Orange, CA |
Dr. Yanni is my hero !! He fused me from c3-c7 with a cage , the surgery took over 10 hours. I was in the hospital for 5 days and when I left I was pain free for the first time in many years !! Hard to believe I know ! 6 weeks out as of today and still no pain Meds needed. He's very caring and confident and that made me more relaxed during this stressful time in my life . He's wonderful and I trust him 100% !!
in Newport Beach, CA |
Dr. Yanni is thorough, patient, and conservative. I was suffering from a herniated disc, pinched nerve and radiculopathy. Dr. Yanni took the time to explain my situation, using the MRI and xrays, to my wife and I. His surgery preparation was very thorough and my surgery went extremely well. I am 6 weeks post-operation for a Cervical Discectomy and Fusion at C 5/6. I have had minimal discomfort since the operation and the radiculopathy symptoms have not returned.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Yanni carefully evaluated my issue & refered me to see few other doctors, making sure I understood everything & not about $$. He cares & wants the best outcome and that I am happy with the result. He was professional, personal and confident. For my surgery, I should have stayed in hospital 3 to 5 days but I left the same day. ?? I highly recommend Dr. Yanni to everyone!
in Costa Mesa, CA |
Dr Yanni is amazing! His skills are impeccable and he is always learning and improving them. I personally know that he is more than capable because I had pretty much everything you can have and he was able to sort it all out. Before the surgery I thought I was going to be in a wheelchair. Now I still walk, garden and live my life. It's wonderful. I am so fortunate and am better because I met Dr Yanni.
in Capistrano Beach, CA |
Funny that someone else mentioned his calmness. He is very thorough and has this confidence without being arrogant. A dear friend of our just had back surgery by him and he was amazing!!! I am very confident in his ability to fix my neck.
in Dana Point, CA |
Dr. Yanni is a master in his field. In our case, we?re talking a minimally invasive fusion of the lumbar spine for an otherwise healthy man in his mid 60?s. Dr. Yanni?s expertise, his discretion for surgical procedures and his professionalism has benefited our entire family. The recovery was amazingly quick and we couldn?t be happier. 4 years post-surgery and my man is going strong!
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Dr. Yanni walked into my room and everything seemed to slow down (in a good way, mind racing & all) & this feeling of confidence exuded from Dr. Yanni devoid of any arrogance! He very simply explained my situation & informed me how he could help. Nothing pushy, black or white, just calmly breaking down the situation & then giving me my options. Without being forced or coerced in anyway, his calming good nature & somewhat demiurge character made me feel relaxed & at ease with my predicament.
in Irvine, CA |
Dr. Yanni is one of the highest quality neurosurgeons in the United States. This past year, I was in a horrible accident and suffered multiple fractures in my lower back. My spine and spinal cord translated laterally, and I suffered extensive nerve damage. The first surgeon assured me I would be paralyzed by the end of the operation. Dr. Yanni took my case, performed a T11-L4 fusion that lasted 12 hours, and I walked 7 days later. His knowledge, skills and abilities are second to NONE.
in Long Beach, CA |
Dr. Yanni is an excellent surgeon. I had C4-C7 fused and the pain was gone right after the surgery and the recovery time was minimal. Oh, the wonders of modern medicine! Being that I have RA, this will not likely be my last visit with a neurosurgeon and I most definitely return to Dr. Yanni and his Jedi Knight surgical skills :)
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
Are you Dr. Yanni?

See our Neurosurgery Specialist at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro

Visit Dr. Yanni