Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 41

Dr. Yanni

Disc Comfort, Inc.

351 Hospital Rd Ste 218 Newport Beach, CA 92663

Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Newport Beach, CA and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from UCSD Sch Med in 2003 and specializes in neurosurgery, neurological spine surgery, and more.

Dr. Yanni accepts

Dr. Yanni accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Health Net PPO
Optima Health
Premera Blue Cross
Heritage Signature

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Yanni's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Yanni's Top Procedures and Conditions

Low Back Pain

Dr. Yanni treats Low Back Pain more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Yanni treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Yanni treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 91% of his peers

Dr. Yanni treats this condition more than 91% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Hematoma
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epilepsy
  • Failed Back Surgery Revision
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lumbar Microdiscectomy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

4.25531914893617%

Dr. Yanni?
Dr. Yanni's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD
It is my experience that Dr. Yanni is a totally uncaring doctor. He had recommended cervical surgery for my wife, but my wife had to put the surgery on hold when it was discovered she had lung cancer and had to have lung surgery and the cervical surgery was put on hold. Then the cervical surgery was once more put on hold when my wife had a heart attack and had to have heart surgery. Now, my wife was recently in an auto accident and suffered neck injury. The hospital’s emergency room doctor did a CT Scan of her neck and told her she needed spinal fusion and that she should see her neurosurgeon. However, after she called and made an appointment with Dr. Yanni his office called back the next day and told her Dr. Yanni didn’t want to see her because she could not have surgery and he was a surgeon and surgery is what he did. Thus, she was told to find another doctor. It appears Dr. Yanni feels it is my wife’s fault that her cervical surgery has been put on hold two times and now he has lost
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
Dr Yanni is a fantastic dr and I can’t thank him and his staff enough for my c5-c6 fusion. I was in extreme pain and he fit my surgery in the following week after my initial appt, his staff worked diligently with my insurance company to get the surgery approved, and provided excellent follow up care, even finding me a dr on the East coast after I moved across country. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr Yanni as a surgeon. He’s also nice and funny and has a good bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
For three years my arm would occasionally go numb and I would get lightheaded when driving. Four trips to the ER and a three day stay in the hospital brought no answers. This past November my GP ordered an MRI on my neck that showed severe damage. I asked for the best neurosurgeon and was referred to Dr. Yanni. Dr. Yanni is amazing in his communicable knowledge and skill. His friendly office staff takes care of all scheduling of appointments. I’m forever grateful! No more fear paralyzed arms.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Yanni since mid-2016. He performed c6-c7 fusion surgery in Dec 2016 and it went without a single issue. The followups (every 6 months or so) have found that the fusion is healing as expected and I have no lingering issues and no limits to range of motion, etc. I highly recommend Dr. Yanni for anything neuro related, he is thorough, efficient, knowledgable, and on top - a nice guy and easy to talk with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
Following up on my previous post...My surgery outcomes from the micro-discectomy performed by Dr Yanni in 2017 continue to be excellent. But billing has been a problem. Late billing, changes in the billing office staff have led to confusion and frustration.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
I am currently a Kaiser patient. I have been experiencing extreme back pain for months and the issue has not been resolved. Dr. Yanni did an out of network image review for me. He was so thorough and took the time to explain the procedure I need in great detail. He was never rushed and was extremely kind and professional. Thank you, Dr. Yanni!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
My decision for who would perform my second spinal fusion surgery came down to factors such as Accessibility, Approachability, Credentials, and Above and Beyond Attitude. Dr. Yanni and his staff have all of these in spades. I would strongly recommend Dr. Yanni to anyone in need of a neurosurgeon. God willing I will never have need of his services again but if I do there is no doubt that he will be my first and only call. God bless you and prayers for your speedy recovery (Isaiah 41:10).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
Dr. Yanni has performed 2 back fusion surgeries on me, L234&5 and I am completely free of any and all pain. My life is back to normal, I golf 3 times a week, can walk, stand and lift heavy objects, which prior to the surgeries was not able to do any of them. Yesterday, 8/29/18, I visited him with a new problem that has bothered me for 6 months. He found the problem, gave me a shot and I was able to sleep and awoke with no pain. Tremendous Doctor, wonderful human being, love him for what he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
Because Dr. Yanni is possibly the best Neurosurgeon in Orange County (that's no small statement), my right lower leg function has returned after L4-L5 fusion surgery last year by an excellent Surgeon who did my laminectomy and L5-L6 fusion in 2006. When I finally showed up on Dr. Yanni's doorstep, my right gastrocnemius would barely lift an unpinned set of plates on a muscle-specific weight lifting machine and I wore a brace. After Dr. Yanni, no more leg brace and already lifting 70 pounds consi
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Yanni for over 2 years for a Degenerative Disc problem on L4-L5. I have been having this issue and the leg pains that go with it for 6 years and it finally came to the point that I needed the Fusion Surgery. Dr. Yanni performed this on me in Nov, 2017 and so far so good. I see him monthly with current x-rays to verify that all the screws are still in place and that I have not done anything too strenuous to disrupt my situation since I have very bad bone density.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
I would and have recommended Dr Yanni to my family and friends. I have had two surgeries by Dr Yanni, (stenosis and L5-S1 fusion) and it went just as expected. Frankly, I feel wonderful with no lower back pain any longer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
I had chronic lower back pain and had searched for a solution for years. Dr. Yanni has been my “miracle worker”. He is thourough in his explanation of options and wants to find the best solution for his patients. My surgical outcome was nothing short of phenomenal! I recommend Dr Yanni without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
I saw Dr. Yanni for a second opinion on a c-spine surgery I am having. I found Dr. Yanni extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the surgeries he does. He was very patient and clearly answered all of my questions. He gave me his opinion on what his approach to my surgery would be. He didn’t rush me, and did not leave until I was more than satisfied and reassured about what my surgery would entail. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of his services.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
Dr Yanni is a life saver! I would not be able to walk and take care of myself if I didn’t go to him. He did an extensive revision on me even though I have EDS! I am forever grateful to him for not being scared off!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
Not sure about the doctor, but my wife had to wait about 2 hours and had to pay copay for nothing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Yanni about a year ago when pain management could no longer control my chronic spondylolysis lower back pain. The doctor reviewed my records and history to ensure all treatment options had been exhausted. The doctor discussed surgical options and suggested getting second opinions. When second opinions reinforced the severity of my condition, I chose Dr. Yanni for his expertise and knowledge. After surgery, the doctor gave me guidelines to adhere to and checked on me via r
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
Dr. Yanni is an extremely talented neurosurgeon. I had a degenerative C5-C6 disc, disc bulge, stenosis, and bone spurs. I had a C5-C6 diskectomy and fusion. Dr Yanni explained in detail the procedure with possible risks, complications, and possible outcomes. For every risk or complication he told me his plan of action to mitigate or correct all possibilities. My surgery was a 110% success! I had zero complications, and a much easier than expected recovery, and have never felt better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
Dr. Daniel Yanni has a pleasant, competent & flexible office staff . He saw me right after I herniated a disc (L5-L6) and was unable to walk. I was in horrific pain in my lower back & down my right leg all the way to my toes. In addition to the pain, I was suffering from right leg & foot nerve numbness. I could not lift my right heel off of the floor. Dr. Yanni performed microdiscectomy surgery and unlodged a nerve fragment from me nerve in my leg. I walk without pain and have no nerve damage.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
Dr. Yanni is my hero !! He fused me from c3-c7 with a cage , the surgery took over 10 hours. I was in the hospital for 5 days and when I left I was pain free for the first time in many years !! Hard to believe I know ! 6 weeks out as of today and still no pain Meds needed. He's very caring and confident and that made me more relaxed during this stressful time in my life . He's wonderful and I trust him 100% !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Yanni, MD?
Dr. Yanni is thorough, patient, and conservative. I was suffering from a herniated disc, pinched nerve and radiculopathy. Dr. Yanni took the time to explain my situation, using the MRI and xrays, to my wife and I. His surgery preparation was very thorough and my surgery went extremely well. I am 6 weeks post-operation for a Cervical Discectomy and Fusion at C 5/6. I have had minimal discomfort since the operation and the radiculopathy symptoms have not returned.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Yanni?