Dr. Daniel Woods, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Daniel Woods, MD
Dr. Daniel Woods, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in San Luis Obispo, CA. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Woods is affiliated with Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center and French Hospital Medical Center.

Dr. Woods' Care Philosophy

Passionate about using techniques that minimize patient discomfort, give quickest recovery, and have best final outcome. Seek out promising new techniques that give patients best experience and return them to action most quickly.

Dr. Woods' Experience

See how Dr. Woods' experience matches your preferences.

View Video

Visiting Dr. Woods

Dr. Woods accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Woods is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Woods has admitting privileges.

Dr. Woods' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Woods to family and friends
    Dr. Woods' Performance
    in San Luis Obispo, CA |
    my hip surgeries, the information provided prior to the surgeries and the aftercare have all been superlative. I highly recommend Dr. Woods
    in San Luis Obispo, CA |
    Dr. Woods was very thorough in reviewing my case and took the time to explain what the problem was and what the plan of treatment would be. He explained what would be happening and the timelines involved and what I should expect. He listened when I had questions and explained what I was feeling and always had a secondary plan if things didn't heal as he expected. Of course, everything has gone just as he explained and I have been more than happy with his care. And Jill is more than helpful too!
    in SLO |
    I would definitely recommend Dr. Woods to any of my family or friends. that's how I heard about him was from friends who had the anterior approach for total hip replacement. What impressed me the most was the bound notebook on THR-anterior approach that was given after my first consultation. He went through the pre-op, the day of surgery, and post care. All of my questions could be answered looking through the notebook. And Dr. Woods prayed with me before going into surgery-how reassuring!
    San Luis Obispo, CA |
    Dr. Woods was very thorough in his exam, asked many questions, and explained his proposed solution fully. I felt well-cared-for and that my concerns were fully heard. Only issue was that I wished he had given me a clearer course to follow between now and when surgery would happen (maybe six months). I was so surprised (and upset) by the diagnosis that I didn't ask any questions...my issue, not his. He did approve a course of physical therapy, which will be really helpful.
    in Los Osos, CA |
    Dr. Woods is a very knowledgeable orthopedic surgeon with a very kind, caring bedside manner. He is able to explain your problem at a lay person's level. His office staff is very friendly & thorough. His medical assistant, Jill, is very pleasant & efficient. I had surgery at the Pismo Beach Coastal Surgical Institute & the above accolades followed through there also.
    in Paso Robles, CA |
    Dr. Woods did a right total knee replacement for me in 2015 and a left total knee replacement in 2017. Both experiences were positive and the results wonderful.
    in .Oceano ca. |
    Dr. Woods recently performed an anterior approach total hip replacement on me. The whole process went smoothly and in a very timely manner. Dr. Woods and his team were professional, informative and caring during my hospital stay. I would highly recommend Dr. woods and his team for your orthopedic needs.
    Templeton, CA |
    Dr. Woods is kind & caring. I appreciated having his reference guide book to refer to before total hip replacement & afterward. Jill, his medical assistant called back with answers to other questions. I selected Dr. Woods because he uses the anterior approach and the positive outcomes of other THR patients.
    My experience with Dr. Woods is a "textbook" example of what I hope and expect to receive from my surgeon. From the initial appointment to the actual surgery and follow-up, he treated me with respect, fully explained why he felt my hip replacement surgery was indicated and constantly demonstrated he personally cared about my overall well being. I could list more superlatives but think it best just to say Dr. Woods will receive my highest recommendation to family and friends. He is the best!!!
    in San Luis Obispo, CA |
    Doctor Woods was warm, friendly, concerned and reassuring. His examination and his explanations were thorough. He probed for any questions or concerns I might have and urged me to get back to him if I felt I needed further attention.
    in Nipomo, CA |
    I was referred to Dr. Woods by a friend who had a hip replacement done by him. When I visited Dr. Woods he gave me a booklet that described the procedure and pre-op and post-op information and questions, which was very helpful. When I met with him, he carefully outlined what he was going to do and how he was going to do it. I felt completely prepared and comfortable with this information. My surgeries (both hips) went extremely well and I am so very pleased to have him for my doctor!!
    in Los Osos, CA |
    Once i was able to see Dr. Woods my experience with CCO was excellent. Dr. Woods and his Medical Assistant, Jill, were efficient, friendly, knowledgeable and professional. They went way beyond to schedule my surgery to accommodate my needs and make sure I understood what the surgery entailed. I must mention that whoever answers your phones is unfriendly and unhelpful. I spent 2 additional needless months in pain due to, what i felt, was her hostile attitude.
    Nipomo, CA |
    I would highly recommend Dr. Woods to family & friends. The booklet about the procedure he gives patients is excellent.
    in Atascadero, CA |
    Very professional and caring which left no fear while on the operating table. His vast experience left little to no residual pain during healing time. He also was considerate of my particular needs modifying convention on surgery day. All of his staff and assistance, including the anaesthesiologist were also very caring. I went back to physical labor on the 41st day post op and am back to my old self. No comparison as to pre surgery and post op in my abilities. I can't thank Dr Woods enough.
    in Atascadero CA |
    Dr. Woods is very patient oriented. He gave me a booklet with a very thorough review of the procedure, excellent photos and a good list of things I needed to do to have the best results. I liked his staff and especially his med. asst. Jill. She was also very informative. Most all of my questions were answered in the booklet and even for those that were not answered....there was a place in the book to write them down so I would remember to ask Dr. Woods. He always asked if I had questions.
    in Pismo Beach, CA |
    Dr. Woods was extremely thorough, providing a booklet written by him covering details of what to expect of my hip replacement, how to prepare for it, the surgery itself and complete instructions for after care. He never seemed in a hurry during any of my visits with him. i am thrilled with my results.
    in Nipomo, CA |
    He gave my husband the time he needed to explain his concerns, Did not give us the feeling that he was hushing us thru. His office staff was, very cordial, kind and patience with us. Jill took extra time pulling out the staples. He was clear, easy to understand and explained the knee replacement procedure to us several times as we asked questions. His confidence in his method of doing the procedure, recommended after care gave us a sense of being in capable hands, his and everyone at French.
    in San Luis Obispo, CA |
    I've seen Dr. Woods several times over the years for things, such as carpal tunnel, a broken arm, and recently a bad knee that needs to be replaced. He is always kind and caring, engaging in conversation while he's treating me. He will always take the time to answer any questions you may have. He has sometimes sent me for physical therapy after surgeries, and other times told me what I can do at home to avoid having to go to therapy. The best and nicest ortho I've ever seen in my 64 years.
    in Cambria, CA |
    Dr. Woods takes the time to LISTEN. And he really knows what he's doing.
    in San Luis Obispo, CA |
    Dr. Woods listened and studied thoroughly regarding my condition. He answered all my questions. I felt as though he would have taken as much time as I needed, and I did need about twenty minutes. It did take me about six weeks to get into him, but I think that if I had been in great pain, I would have been able to get in sooner.
    Los Osos, CA |
    I liked the way I was treated by Dr. Woods and his staff. Everything was explained clearly and treatment sounded very reasonable.
    in Cambria, CA |
    good dr. to patient relationship and excellent results.
    San Luis Obispo, CA |
    Dr. Woods performed a total knee replacement on me and I am very happy with the results.
    in Nipomo, CA |
    I had an extremely unusual problem in which several spinal surgeons had mis-diagnosed my pain problems. After going to Stanford, I was told it was my hip. When I returned to the area, a friend of my wife's, (a surgical nurse) recommended Dr. Woods. I couldn't be more happy. Three weeks later, I'm pain free and am on top of the world. I can't praise my experience with Dr. Woods enough!
    in San Luis Obispo, CA |
    He was courteous, thorough, and seemed concerned with my knee pain.
    in San Luis Obispo, CA |
    Dr. Woods has been treating myself and my husband for over 10 years now and he is kind, explains all the options, is very dedicated to his profession. It's been difficult lately to get into see him in a timely manner. Seems he needs more help. Jill his nurse is awesome as well.They both have gone out of their way to accommodate us when possible.
    in San Luis Obispo, CA |
    I met Dr Wood in the Emergency Room at French Hospital after he was asked to look at my x-rays. No one had a definite idea as to what my injury was since it only occurs in .02% of the time and rarely outside of sports. He immediately took charge and I had more xrays and within a week I had a 3 in plate in my foot. All through the surgery and follow up he couldn't have been nicer. Very concerned for my welfare and even had me read the research on how it should be fixed. So grateful
    in Morro Bay, CA |
    I had heard excellent comments about Dr. Woods before I met him to discuss a total hip replacement. But when my wife and I did meet him, any lingering doubts vanished. He connects with his patients in a very personal way {which isn't always the case with excellent surgeons}. I felt he understood my anxiety about the first major surgery of my life. His manual for patients was invaluable. Everything went as expected or better. He and his staff are true professionals. God bless them all.
    in Atascadero, CA |
    Dr. Woods is the BEST doctor I have ever visited. I had a total hip replacement and was walking with very little pain...the same day! Also, in the hospital room with me was a 77 year old lady who had the same surgery, the same day and with the same doctor, Dr. Woods. She also recovered as quickly as I did with very little pain as I. I was back to my usual routine at home within a month. My hip is doing so well that I can walk up to six miles a day. (I am 63 years old). Go see him!
    in Santa Maria, CA |
    Dr. Woods is an excellent surgeon and a very kind man. My hip replacement surgery, including the preparation and recuperation, happened without a hitch thanks to Dr. Woods' skill, experience, compassion, and organization. He gives you a booklet that explains the whole process in detail. I am so grateful to be out of pain and able to walk and garden again. I feel like a new woman!
    Great information leading up to surgery. Also, many precautions taken to avoid infection during surgery. Doing the anterior hip replacement is much less invasive and recovery much faster! Dr. Woods is very thorough, very skilled and very thoughtful.
    Have you seen Dr. Daniel Woods, MD?
    Are you Dr. Woods?

Dr. Woods' Care Philosophy

Dr. Woods' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Woods has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Woods' Board Certifications

• Elbow Bursitis
    • Elbow Sprain
    • Femur Fracture
    • Foot Fracture
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Gout
    • Hand Fracture
    • Hip Fracture
    • Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Lupus