Dr. Daniel Thomas, DO

Metabolic Nutrition | Male

344 S Highland St Mount Dora, FL 32757 Get Directions
Dr. Daniel Thomas, DO
I have over 25 years of experience and am a leader in preven­tive and anti-aging medicine. In addi­tion to a medi­cal degree, I have a Master of Sci­ence de­gree in Met­abolic and Nutrition­al Medi­cine from the Uni­ver­sity of South Flori­da College of Med­icine. This cutting-edge graduate de­gree pro­vides a greater and more cru­cial under­standing of bio­chemis­try and physiolo­gy than is taught in medi­cal school. The Master's degree in Metabolic and Nutritional Medicine reveals the deep connection that exists between chronic dis­ease and metabolic dysfunction, in­adequate nutrition and, most importantly, how the science of metabolic and nutritional medicine can be used to re­turn people to well­ness by slowing the aging process, improving energy levels, strengthening memory, and fighting age-related diseases without the toxic side effects of drugs. This Master's de­gree is unique and the only one of its kind in the world. Out of the nearly 900,000 physicians licensed in the United States­, less than 0.01% have this advanced degree. Because of the tremendous contribu­tion hormones make to our health and longevi­ty, in addition to the Master's de­gree, I also have a Graduate Certificate in Metabol­ic Endocrinology (also from the University of South Florida College of Medicine). Also, I am the author of The Doctor's Guide to Tes­tosterone Ther­apy, and the pub­lisher of Healthy & Strong: The Quarterly Guide to Living Long and Living Well. Further, I have a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from Cornell Uni­versity, and I am a recipi­ent of the Physi­cian's Recognition Award from the Ameri­can Medical Association. I am also a Certi­fied Personal Trainer with the Ameri­can College of Sports Medicine. In summary, my unique set of credentials has given me the scientific knowledge and advanced clinical skills needed to help you slow the aging process, and combat the de­cline in mental and physical function that comes with aging. So, would you like to live to 100 if you could have the strength and energy of a 40-year old? How about simply feeling 30 years younger than you are? The choices you make today will dictate whether you live a long life or die prematurely. Living to 100 sounds great on the surface, but if you're going to spend the last 20-30 years feeble, hooked up to an oxygen tank, and slumped over in a wheelchair, then who in their right mind would want to live so long? Bottom line, the choices you make to­day will not only dic­tate your quantity of life, but your qualityof life as well. Put aside what you "know" about hu­man aging for a moment. Imagine I have a magic wand, and when I wave it in front of you, your body is trans­formed. Imagine how great you would feel! Lung capacity to climb a flight of stairs as easily as stepping up a curb. Energy to walk from your car to the store—no matter how far. Energy to unload the groceries without gasping for breath. Energy to complete a full day's activities with ease. Energy to play 18 holes effortlessly—without a golf cart. Firm leg muscles that confi­dently power your gait. Robust back muscles so you stand proudly with ex­cellent posture. A good night's sleep and waking up refreshed. Your memory and men­tal clar­ity are back (fewer "senior" mo­ments). You have more sex­ual ener­gy and stamina. And your im­mune sys­tem is stronger. Oh, how youth is wast­ed on the young! Who wouldn't want the health and vi­tality I just described? But let's get back to real­ity. Obviously I don't have a mag­ic wand. But what I do have is the next best thing: If you're a man or woman between the ages of 40 and 80, by using an advanced combi­nation of hormone balancing, nutrition, and fitness, I can help reverse the signs of aging. I can help you become biologicallyyoung­er, and help you live a longer, healthi­er, and more ener­getic life, while building your body's natural defenses against age-related chronic dis­ease. On a personal level, in spite of poor genetics, the excellent health and vi­tality I enjoy in my 50's is a di­rect result of the same pro­gram I utilize for my patients. Strictly speak­ing, I practice what I preach. While many men my age are starting to fall apart, mentally and physi­cally, I'm in bet­ter health and in better shape than most men half my age! I have dedicated my medical career to helping men and women achieve better health, a stronger body, a sharper mind, and a longer life. I pro­vide a level of personal care, attention to detail, and up-to-date knowledge that can be hard to find nowadays. I look forward to helping you.

Dr. Thomas' Experience

See how Dr. Thomas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Thomas

Dr. Thomas is now accepting new patients

Dr. Thomas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thomas to family and friends
4.5
based on 6 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Thomas' Performance
in Mount Dora, FL |
Dr. Daniel Thomas is very attentive and spends the time with us every time we go in. We are also able to connect with him via email and phone any time we need information on our visits. Love Dr Thomas and his wife Sylvia http://www.healthyandstrong.com/home/
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Thomas, DO?
Are you Dr. Thomas?

Compare Dr. Thomas

Dr. Thomas says...

I have over 25 years of experience and am a leader in preven­tive and anti-aging medicine. In addi­tion to a medi­cal degree, I have a Master of Sci­ence de­gree in Met­abolic and Nutrition­al Medi­cine from the Uni­ver­sity of South Flori­da College of Med­icine. This cutting-edge graduate de­gree pro­vides a greater and more cru­cial under­standing of bio­chemis­try and physiolo­gy than is taught in medi­cal school.

Because of the tremendous contribu­tion hormones make to our health and longevi­ty, in addition to the Master's de­gree, I also have a Graduate Certificate in Metabol­ic Endocrinology (also from the University of South Florida College of Medicine). Also, I am the author of The Doctor's Guide to Tes­tosterone Ther­apy, and the pub­lisher of Healthy & Strong: The Quarterly Guide to Living Long and Living Well. Further, I have a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from Cornell Uni­versity, and I am a recipi­ent of the Physi­cian's Recognition Award from the Ameri­can Medical Association. I am also a Certi­fied Personal Trainer with the Ameri­can College of Sports Medicine.

Dr. Thomas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Metabolic Nutrition
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Dr. Thomas does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Thomas and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Des Moines Univ Coll Of Osteo Med & Surg

Graduated in 1986

Northwest General Hospital

Completed in 1987

Bachelor Of Science, Biochemistry, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan

Graduated in 1982

• Other Education
    Graduate Certificate, Metabolic Endocrinology, University Of South Florida College Of Medicine

Completed in 2014

Master Of Science, Metabolic & Nutritional Medicine, University Of South Florida College Of Medicine

Completed in 2012

Dr. Thomas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thomas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Metabolic Nutrition

Dr. Thomas does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Thomas and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.