Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility  |
Dr. Daniel Stein, MD
Dr. Daniel Stein, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Stein is affiliated with Roosevelt Hospital.

1000 10th Ave Fl 10

New York, NY 10019

• Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Stein

Undergoing fertility care can be an emotionally and physically exhausting process for a woman and her partner. I believe couples need not just top medical care, but the emotional and psychological support to help them along the road to success.

Dr. Stein's Experience

Dr. Stein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Gynecologic Cancer
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hirsutism
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Post-Menopausal Problems
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Premenstrual Syndrome
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Hepatitis Screening
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • Hysteroscopy
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Pap Smear
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC

No malpractice history found for New York.

• New York Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • St Vincents Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Umdnj-University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Elected President of the Iota Chapter of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1989
  • Elected to WHOs WHO - nationally-recognized as a leader in the field of reproductive medicine, 2005,2006
  • Included in "Americas Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists" by the Consumer Research Council of America, 2002, 2003
  • Comparison of FSH flare in poor responders undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF) with and without prior oral contraceptive suppression., 2003
  • Demonstration of a relaxin receptor and relaxin-stimulated tyrosine phosphorylation in human lower uterine segment fibroblast., 1997
  • The effect of Remifentanil on the percentage of frozen-thawed mouse embryos that proceed to the blastocyst stage., 1997
  • A review of microbial keratitis at one institute. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary., 1989
  • "Coasting" does not adversely affect in vitro fertilization cycle outcome., 1997
  • Predictors of embryo fragmentation and outcome after fragment removal in in vitro fertilization., 2006
  • Infertility, Gonadotropins and Ovarian Cancer: A Review of the Literature., 1997
  • The association of first trimester vaginal bleeding with clinical outcome in ovulation induction cycles., 2000
  • The number of gestational sacs seen on a 5 week ultrasonogram positively correlates with live birth following IVF., 2006
  • Evaluation of vero cell co-culture system for mouse embryos in various media., 1992
  • Predictors of Embryo Fragmentation and Outcome Following Fragment Removal in IVF, 2005
  • Human relaxin stimulates procollagenase and prostromelysin-1 expression by human lower uterine segment fibroblasts., 1997
  • Relaxin positively regulates MMP expression in human lower uterine segment fibroblasts using a tyrosine kinase signaling pathway., 2001
  • Demonstration of a relaxin receptor and relaxin-stimulated tyrosine phosphorylation in human lower uterine segment fibroblasts., 1998
  • Attitudes of obstetricians and gynecologists towards ovum donation., 1995
  • Increased second trimester pregnancy loss following in vitro fertilization (IVF), 2003
  • Basal follicle stimulating hormone levels are predictive of pregnancy outcome in human menopausal gonadotropin-intrauterine insemination cycles., 1997
  • Intercycle variation of day 3 FSH concentrations as an important marker of ovarian reserve., 1991
  • Cardiovascular changes of the perimenopause and menopause., 1997
  • Elevated serum progesterone/estradiol ratio and progesterone level during in vitro fertilization are negative predictors of cycle outcome., 2006
  • A comparison of GnRH antagonist and GnRH agonist flare protocols for poor responders undergoing IVF., 2006
  • Reproductive Medicine and Infertility,

• Russian

Dr. Stein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stein to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Stein's Performance
Brooklyn, NY |
I'm 12 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Daniel Stein at RMA. My husband and I have worked with him for approximately 1 year and ultimately did IVF with PGS. Dr. Stein is very direct, honest, and to the point. His honesty and knowledge of fertility treatments got us to where we are today. His entire office staff is warm, reassuring, and provided us with a very positive experience. At RMA you are not just a number. They made a stressful process as smooth as can be and we highly recommend Dr. Stein.
New York, NY |
I recently went through an egg freeze cycle with Dr. Stein at RMA. I received excellent and attentive care by Dr. Stein and his nurse team at RMA; as a result of their diligence, I was very pleased with the result. My case required some thought and attention to obtain the good result. Dr. Stein's excellent care is in contrast to the sloppy and lack of care I received from Dr. Nicole Noyes at NYU 3 years ago.
Actually Zero Stars! Run far away from this doctor! He not only misdiagnosed me, and told me I had "bad eggs", he also lacks the latest advances in the field. If referred here- please get a second or even third opinion!!! Better yet, save yourself the time and do not make an appointment!
Bronx, NY |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Stein and I would look to work with him again if in the future we decide to try for another child. Many reproductive endocrinology clinics operate using standard protocols depending on the infertility diagnosis. After our first IVF round failed, Dr. Stein took a different approach, customizing my medication protocol and it worked! I'm currently 11w pregnant. The office is clean and efficient, with minimal wait time. Staff was always friendly and helpful.
Brooklyn, NY |
let's begin -DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! I have NEVER written a negative review in my life. But after this experience I feel compelled to share my experience. with Dr. Daniel Stein. He brought nothing positive to the table and didn't offer us much advice. Then, a few weeks later he calls me to see if I a interested in proceeding with him. After my response was "no" he HUNG UP the telephone on me! I am writing this review because this process is hard enough and no one should experience this.
in New York, NY |
Dr Stein and the team at RMA NY made this emotional and difficult journey an amazing one. I am forever grateful for them. Dr. Stein and his team treated me with the utmost care and professionalism. They were attentive and answered every one of my questions, no matter how crazy. If you're looking for a RE that gets results, I would highly recommend Dr. Stein and his team at RMA NY. Thank you for everything!
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Stein was compassionate, clear in his communications with us, and effective. As I look forward to the birth of our child, I am so grateful not only for what Dr. Stein did for us but for his professionalism and kindness.
in Union City |
Dr Stein and his staff are more than I could have hoped for. My husband and I were blown away by the level of care, attention, and knowledge provided by Dr Stein and his team. The best!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Stein is extremely professional and honest. He will tell you the accurate answer even if that is not what you want to hear. He is also very compassionate and always makes a point to make you feel comfortable. Great sense of humor! He makes his patients feel at ease through this very emotional, difficult and time consuming process. He is awesome! His Spanish is great :)
New York, NY |
There are no words to describe how grateful I am to Dr. Stein and his team at RMA of New York. Between Dr. Stein and the phenomenal nurses, I have never felt more cared for or in better hands than I did with that medical team. Dr. Stein's expertise in the area of fertility is not only astounding but his sensitivity and caring is what separates him from the rest. Life changing experience.
in new york |
Daniel Stein is beyond amazing! He helped me become a Mother when I thought it was impossible! Has a very special place in my heart for all he's done for me and my family! He's super professional and friendly.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Stein has a great bedside manner. Takes the time to listen and answer questions. Has a good personality, too, which helps when dealing with stressful situations.
in Astoria, NY |
Wonderful office, very clear scheduling system and responsive when emailing my many questions! Best of all, they were straight-forward about expectations and the reality of infertility. Would recommend.
in New York, NY |
Dr Stein is the most amazing Doctor. Very professional , caring and empathetic. The whole RMA staff is wonderful and very friendly.
New York, NY |
Dr. Stein at RMA westside was and is fantastic. We saw him because of male factor infertility and he was honest, thorough and extremely clear. We ended going straight to ivf with icsi, which worked on our first try. I felt the doctor really got the medication dosing for me spot on and I think it was moderate all things considering, which I was pleased with as I had really minimal side effects. We are happy to say we graduated with flying colors and are now seeing my ob/gyn. I'm 35 and DH is 36.
New York, NY |
Dr. Stein is a brilliant, caring and talented doctor. Thanks to him we are now expecting our first! He was reassuring, efficient and resourceful every step of the way and his experience and expertise were invaluable. He made what would have been a complicated, scary process easy and successful - we are thrilled and super grateful!
New York, NY |
My experience at RMA of NY has been hands down the best clinical experience of my life, let alone for something as challenging and heartbreaking as infertility. After two years at another NYC clinic where I felt doctors had given up on me, Dr. Stein gave me and my husband the hope and compassionate care to keep trying. Now, after just one cycle of IVF, I am 9 weeks pregnant and we cannot thank Dr. Stein and his office enough! Save yourself time and heartache and go straight to Dr. Stein!
in Bronx, NY |
My Gynecologist Dr. Robin Brown suggested that I meet with Dr. Stein over a year ago, so my husband and I did. Dr. Stein took his time explaining our options and the next steps. We started our journey this year and I am proud to say that I am 8 weeks pregnant and was discharged today. Dr. Stein and his staff in all areas, make you feel comfortable, they are reliable and are always available to answer any questions. Thank you, Dr. Stein and RMA of NY for our little blessing, due April 2017.
in new york,ny |
Dr stein Was a blessing in my life and I couldn't ask for anything more. He both listened and eased my concerns when i had them. He got me knocked up quick and on the first try lol. God Send!! His staff amazing!!! Love you guys!!! see you on the next baby
Brooklyn, NY |
It requires few words to explain my review: Dr. Stein missed my ectopic pregnancy after dismissing my symptoms as "there's nothing there," and whose nurses said five weeks of bleeding was "a long miscarriage."Dehumanizing, life- threatening and devastating experience.
in New York, NY |
From the moment we first met with him, Dr. Stein was calming and reassuring force. He walked us through our options, fully cognizant of the fact that we were real people facing uncertainties and anxieties in a difficult time. He told us the truth, didn't sugar over any of the hard facts, but never took away our hope and made us feel as if we had someone incredible pulling for us in our corner. Our journey to building a family was unique, it would not be possible without him and his team.
in Hoboken, NJ |
I had a wonderful experience at RMA. I appreciate Dr. Stein's approach - very real, patient and thorough. Through my IUIs and fibroid surgery to my first (and successful) IVF. The entire staff was amazing and always so responsive from his assistant Xiu to Aliza and my favorite nurse Jean-Anne. It is evident they genuinely care and are invested in you.
in New York, NY |
Its hard to come up with anything negative to say about Dr. Stein and his practice at RMA of NY. - Dr. Stein is incredibly involved with treatments. He takes the time to explain things, he does morning monitoring and retrieval/implantation procedures most of the times and so you get to meet and talk to him at least once a week. He is also available over email. - The rest of the RMA team is also awesome - the coordinators, nurses, billing, technicians.
in Denver, CO |
I had an amazing experience with Dr. Stein. He is extremely caring and comforting through every step of the infertility process. His positive attitude gives you hope at even the most trying times. He knew exactly the right method of treatment for me and executed flawlessly. His nurses, Eliza and Jean Ann, are on call 24/7 to answer any and all questions that you have during treatment. They are incredibly patient and supportive, willing to go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.
in jersey city, nj |
After long yrs of struggle to conceive we finally gave up.Our gynea Dr.Mamdani recommended to visit Dr. Stein for IVF.Dr Stein took personal interest in our case, worked directly with insurance provider.He maintained cautious optimism throughout the procedures and his team was alwys prompt to answer all our doubts. Within 7 months of treatment we got the positive result with 1st IVF and are blessed wid healthy baby boy.Our dream has come true through his thorough analysis n treatment. Thnx a ton
in New York, NY |
Dr. Stein's practice and RMA was fully supportive along our journey. The amount of communication was phenomenal. I highly recommend, we are 9 weeks pregnant after our first round of IVF!
in New York, NY |
I would like to thank Dr. Stein, Eliza, Jean-Ann, Tanya the vein whisperer and the entire team at RMA West Side. Mine was a long, complicated case, but they were always available, responsive, supportive and straightforward. I'm thrilled to finally have graduated.
New York, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Stein. He cares about his patients and really wants to make sure every woman leaves with a baby. He never backs down and insists that it's always possible.
in New York, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Stein to anyone in need of him. I went through IVF with Dr. Stein and he knows what he is doing. He transferred a chromosomally normal embryo and I am now 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and I felt his empathy and care throughout the entire process. I look forward to seeing him again for baby #2 next year.
in New York, NY |
I had a great and successful experience with Dr. Stein. He was very helpful in guiding us through our IVF process, giving good advice and being straight to the point in his communication. His nursing staff is also wonderful, always smiling, available and making the whole process much easier. Great team to work with through our IVF process
in New York, NY |
Dr. Stein was very thorough, patient and understanding. His staff, although busy, was very nice and attentive. They gave me advise and recommendations and were very professional.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Had a very comfortable experience. Everyone in the office is so kind and patient. Dr. Stein made the process worry free and explained everything from start to finish in great detail. The nurses were always readily available with any questions or concerns.
New York, NY |
Dr. Stein is an excellent fertility doctor, and I would highly recommend him.
in New York, NY |
I had a great experience with RMA and especially Dr. Stein. I would recommend him to anyone. He was extremely helpful in all our decisions and did an excellent job of laying out all of the options. The whole process was so new to us and he made us feel comfortable every step along the way. He was also so easy to talk to and answered any questions. The office was also great and especially Eliza. They called promptly with results each time and had patience every time i called with questions.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I switched to RMA and Dr Stein and had a wonderful, successful experience. Dr. Stein and his staff are incredibly knowledgable and responsive. Jeanie, one of the nurses there, was excellent and clearly answered all my questions.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Are you Dr. Stein?