Dr. Daniel Stein, MD

Dr. Stein
Telehealth services available

Continuum Reproductive Center

425 W 59th St Ste 5a New York, NY 10019

Dr. Daniel Stein, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Stein to book an appointment.

Compare with other Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists

Compare Dr. Stein with our nearby Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.

Make an appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center today at (212) 235-1531.

These providers are on the medical staff of NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.

Dr. Stein's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Stein

4.4

Dr. Stein?
  • Explained conditions well (88)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (88)
  • Office environment (87)
  • Appointment was rushed (15)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (15)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (14)
I had a horrible experience working with Dr. Stein. He insisted on an expensive and painful surgery to remove my right tube from a surgeon that he recommended and the surgery did not go well. It went so poorly that I was in surgery an additional 3 hours and the affected tube was never removed at all. Mind you, I had to take 2 weeks off from work for this surgery. I continue with IVF despite the failed tubal surgery afterwards, they told me that the surgery was “maybe” not necessary after all. (I’m still not sure what they meant from it as they were so vague. I have sought 2nd opinions since.) My 1st round of IVF failed before implanting the embryo. Dr. Stein called me post procedure, he was short tempered with me as I asked questions. I was told to “not to act emotionally”. I found his behavior disrespectful, particularly after two failed PAINFUL procedures, thousands of dollars owed AFTER insurance (watch out for things like the $750 “assisted hatching fee”). So much regret.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
d.ekins – Aug 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Highly recommend got us pregnant with our 2 month old daughter. Will definitely go back for our other children. We have two more embryos (girls) on ice.
Anika S. in NY, NY – Oct 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Dr Stein was great. Very down to earth and easy to talk to. I was apprehensive about doing IVF at all and instead of being dismissive like other doctors he let me think about it and also agreed to try a couple more IUIs although he advised that the best option for us was IVF. Although we had heard this before, his approach was much more gentle and allowed me to come to terms with the idea of IVF in my own time. We were very lucky on our first try and conceived Boy and Girl twins right away.
Anonymous – Jul 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
I am currently pregnant with #2 thanks to Dr. Stein. He was also responsible for our happy, healthy first child so there was no other doctor we would have rather worked with when we decided to try for a sibling. He is honest, warm and (arguably more important) a genius at what he does. Both times, we were successful at the first attempt (IVF+PGS/FET), which we attribute a huge part to Dr. Stein's skill and experience. We would 100% recommend him to anyone in need of an RE!
May 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
I'm 12 weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Daniel Stein at RMA. My husband and I have worked with him for approximately 1 year and ultimately did IVF with PGS. Dr. Stein is very direct, honest, and to the point. His honesty and knowledge of fertility treatments got us to where we are today. His entire office staff is warm, reassuring, and provided us with a very positive experience. At RMA you are not just a number. They made a stressful process as smooth as can be and we highly recommend Dr. Stein.
Brooklyn, NY – Jun 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
I recently went through an egg freeze cycle with Dr. Stein at RMA. I received excellent and attentive care by Dr. Stein and his nurse team at RMA; as a result of their diligence, I was very pleased with the result. My case required some thought and attention to obtain the good result. Dr. Stein's excellent care is in contrast to the sloppy and lack of care I received from Dr. Nicole Noyes at NYU 3 years ago.
New York, NY – May 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Actually Zero Stars! Run far away from this doctor! He not only misdiagnosed me, and told me I had "bad eggs", he also lacks the latest advances in the field. If referred here- please get a second or even third opinion!!! Better yet, save yourself the time and do not make an appointment!
Apr 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Stein and I would look to work with him again if in the future we decide to try for another child. Many reproductive endocrinology clinics operate using standard protocols depending on the infertility diagnosis. After our first IVF round failed, Dr. Stein took a different approach, customizing my medication protocol and it worked! I'm currently 11w pregnant. The office is clean and efficient, with minimal wait time. Staff was always friendly and helpful.
Bronx, NY – Apr 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
let's begin -DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! I have NEVER written a negative review in my life. But after this experience I feel compelled to share my experience. with Dr. Daniel Stein. He brought nothing positive to the table and didn't offer us much advice. Then, a few weeks later he calls me to see if I a interested in proceeding with him. After my response was "no" he HUNG UP the telephone on me! I am writing this review because this process is hard enough and no one should experience this.
Brooklyn, NY – Apr 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Dr Stein and the team at RMA NY made this emotional and difficult journey an amazing one. I am forever grateful for them. Dr. Stein and his team treated me with the utmost care and professionalism. They were attentive and answered every one of my questions, no matter how crazy. If you're looking for a RE that gets results, I would highly recommend Dr. Stein and his team at RMA NY. Thank you for everything!
CC in New York, NY – Apr 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Dr. Stein was compassionate, clear in his communications with us, and effective. As I look forward to the birth of our child, I am so grateful not only for what Dr. Stein did for us but for his professionalism and kindness.
Brooklyn, NY – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Dr Stein and his staff are more than I could have hoped for. My husband and I were blown away by the level of care, attention, and knowledge provided by Dr Stein and his team. The best!
E A in Union City – Mar 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Dr. Stein is extremely professional and honest. He will tell you the accurate answer even if that is not what you want to hear. He is also very compassionate and always makes a point to make you feel comfortable. Great sense of humor! He makes his patients feel at ease through this very emotional, difficult and time consuming process. He is awesome! His Spanish is great :)
P L in New York, NY – Mar 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
There are no words to describe how grateful I am to Dr. Stein and his team at RMA of New York. Between Dr. Stein and the phenomenal nurses, I have never felt more cared for or in better hands than I did with that medical team. Dr. Stein's expertise in the area of fertility is not only astounding but his sensitivity and caring is what separates him from the rest. Life changing experience.
New York, NY – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Daniel Stein is beyond amazing! He helped me become a Mother when I thought it was impossible! Has a very special place in my heart for all he's done for me and my family! He's super professional and friendly.
massiel in new york – Feb 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Dr. Stein has a great bedside manner. Takes the time to listen and answer questions. Has a good personality, too, which helps when dealing with stressful situations.
TRP-NYC in New York, NY – Jan 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Wonderful office, very clear scheduling system and responsive when emailing my many questions! Best of all, they were straight-forward about expectations and the reality of infertility. Would recommend.
Anne U in Astoria, NY – Jan 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Dr Stein is the most amazing Doctor. Very professional , caring and empathetic. The whole RMA staff is wonderful and very friendly.
Roseanne N in New York, NY – Dec 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
Dr. Stein at RMA westside was and is fantastic. We saw him because of male factor infertility and he was honest, thorough and extremely clear. We ended going straight to ivf with icsi, which worked on our first try. I felt the doctor really got the medication dosing for me spot on and I think it was moderate all things considering, which I was pleased with as I had really minimal side effects. We are happy to say we graduated with flying colors and are now seeing my ob/gyn. I'm 35 and DH is 36.
New York, NY – Dec 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?
My experience at RMA of NY has been hands down the best clinical experience of my life, let alone for something as challenging and heartbreaking as infertility. After two years at another NYC clinic where I felt doctors had given up on me, Dr. Stein gave me and my husband the hope and compassionate care to keep trying. Now, after just one cycle of IVF, I am 9 weeks pregnant and we cannot thank Dr. Stein and his office enough! Save yourself time and heartache and go straight to Dr. Stein!
New York, NY – Nov 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Stein, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Stein?

Undergoing fertility care can be an emotionally and physically exhausting process for a woman and her partner. I believe couples need not just top medical...Read more

Daniel Stein, MD, is the Director of Reproductive Medicine Associates of New York Westside office and partner at RMA of New York. Dr. Stein serves as the...Read more

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

1995
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
1990
St Vincents Med Ctr

• Included in "Americas Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists" by the Consumer Research Council of America, 2002, 2003
  • Elected to WHOs WHO - nationally-recognized as a leader in the field of reproductive medicine, 2005,2006
  • Elected President of the Iota Chapter of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1989

• Attitudes of obstetricians and gynecologists towards ovum donation., 1995
  • Infertility, Gonadotropins and Ovarian Cancer: A Review of the Literature., 1997
  • Basal follicle stimulating hormone levels are predictive of pregnancy outcome in human menopausal gonadotropin-intrauterine insemination cycles., 1997
  • Human relaxin stimulates procollagenase and prostromelysin-1 expression by human lower uterine segment fibroblasts., 1997
  • The association of first trimester vaginal bleeding with clinical outcome in ovulation induction cycles., 2000
  • "Coasting" does not adversely affect in vitro fertilization cycle outcome., 1997
  • Predictors of embryo fragmentation and outcome after fragment removal in in vitro fertilization., 2006
  • Intercycle variation of day 3 FSH concentrations as an important marker of ovarian reserve., 1991
  • Relaxin positively regulates MMP expression in human lower uterine segment fibroblasts using a tyrosine kinase signaling pathway., 2001
  • Cardiovascular changes of the perimenopause and menopause., 1997
  • Evaluation of vero cell co-culture system for mouse embryos in various media., 1992
  • The effect of Remifentanil on the percentage of frozen-thawed mouse embryos that proceed to the blastocyst stage., 1997
  • Increased second trimester pregnancy loss following in vitro fertilization (IVF), 2003
  • A review of microbial keratitis at one institute. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary., 1989
  • The number of gestational sacs seen on a 5 week ultrasonogram positively correlates with live birth following IVF., 2006
  • Demonstration of a relaxin receptor and relaxin-stimulated tyrosine phosphorylation in human lower uterine segment fibroblast., 1997
  • Predictors of Embryo Fragmentation and Outcome Following Fragment Removal in IVF, 2005
  • Comparison of FSH flare in poor responders undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF) with and without prior oral contraceptive suppression., 2003
  • A comparison of GnRH antagonist and GnRH agonist flare protocols for poor responders undergoing IVF., 2006
  • Elevated serum progesterone/estradiol ratio and progesterone level during in vitro fertilization are negative predictors of cycle outcome., 2006
  • Demonstration of a relaxin receptor and relaxin-stimulated tyrosine phosphorylation in human lower uterine segment fibroblasts., 1998
  • Reproductive Medicine and Infertility,