Dr. Daniel X. Shasha, MD

Dr. Daniel X. Shasha, MD

Radiation Oncology | Male

Beth Israel Med Ctr Rdtn Onclgy 10 Union Sq E Ste 4G, New York, NY 10003 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Shasha specializes in Radiation Oncology and practices in New York, NY. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Shasha? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Shasha's Experience

See how Dr. Shasha's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shasha

Dr. Shasha accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Shasha has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Shasha's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shasha to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Shasha
Dr. Shasha's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (97)
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shasha treated me for prostate cancer in 2007, and I have been cancer-free every since. His depth and range of knowledge, willingness to fully explain every step of treatment, complete honesty about risks, and dedication and compassion inspire the kind of confidence and trust a patient needs to fight this battle. I feel incredibly lucky to have had him as my doctor.
in New York, NY |
My father was a patient of Dr. Shasha in 2012. When my Dad had another type of illness, Dr. Shasha had recommended one of his collegues. So we went to visit both doctors and Dr. Shasha assured us that while the other doctor was on vacation for 3 weeks, he would look in on my Dad -being he was right there. My Dad loved and trust Dr. Shasha so it's shocking that Dr. Shasha never looked in on my Dad, never returned my Mom's phone calls. Disgraceful comes to mind.
in Ozone Park, NY |
Dr.Shasha is an excellent doctor. After meeting with him in February 2008,i gained his confidence right away.He was very clear and direct with his patients. As an Afro-American 70-years of age,my P.S.A. on the Gleason scale was 10.49.Dr. Shasha' expertise has bought that down to a 0.02 in the year of 2013 and now I'm a cancer free patient for the past three years. I do highly recommend him for your treatment. I just have one more comment on Dr.Shasha,that's I wish he was my PCP.
in New York |
I am healed of prostrate cancer
Forest Hills, NY |
I think he is a very good doctor ..
in New York, NY |
I have been under Dr. Shasha's care for treatment of prostrate cancer for five years. Although I cannot speak to any doctor's technical capability, I can address the results. My treatment was successful. I found Dr. Shasha to be professional, courteous, and thoughtful throughout as he monitored my condition every six months for those five years. He was clear in his explanations and helpful about other health issues, always inquiring if I had the proper inoculations.
in New York, NY |
From first contact, Dr. Shasha inspired reassurance and confidence...caring in attitude, direct in approach, absolutely clear in analysis, and comprehensive in explanations. In two details related to preparation for the seed implantation procedure, he went--professionally and personally-- beyond what seemed to be indicated to ensure success, beyond what I would already consider the gold standard.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have been seeing dr shasha for over twelve years and he has closly monitored my cancer and with his guidence, counseling and treatments i was able to become cancer free. His professionalism uet kindness help me a great deal. he is truly a wonderful man.
New York, NY |
Dr. Shasha provides warm, compassionate care, paying attention to detail and to his patient?s overall well-being as well as to his specialization of radiation oncology. He is backed up by a well- organized support team that helps to provide efficient and re-assuring delivery of treatment. The treatment I received for prostate cancer was highly effective. I would recommend Dr. Shasha without reservation to any patient seeking treatment.
in New York, NY |
Nothing but accolades to say about Dr. Shasha. He is intelligent, kind, caring with a great bedside manner. We were very fortunate to have had him as our doctor.
in Woodside, NY |
Was treated with radiation and seed implants for prostate cancer 10 years ago. My PSA is below 1. Had no complications. Retained all functions with no medication. Top of his field.
in Belmar, NJ |
Daniel Shasha was my doctor in NYC for eight years. I highly recommend him for his superior ability as a clinician.
in Southampton, NY |
Treated 8 years ago for prostate cancer with seed implant and external radiation. No problems or side effects from this treatment. Dr. Shasha made this difficult chapter as easy as one could hope for, with his skill and basic decency. A great doc and even better human being.
in NYC, NY |
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer on March 2014 and my urologist recommend that i see Dr Shasha, it was the best decision i have ever made. After a careful review of my medical record and series of exams, he recommended the seeds implant treatment. Today I am cancer free andI owe to Dr Shasha. He is an excellent healthcare professional, kind and very knowledgeable of his specialty, and easy to communicate with. I highly recommend Dr. Shasha to anyone looking an oncologist for cancer treatment
in New York, NY |
Very knowledgeable and kind. He gave me the information I needed, when I needed it.
in New York, NY |
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 8 years ago and Dr. Shasha as helped me through the process of healing. I am currently cancer free.
in Mount Sinai, NY |
Dr. Daniel Shasha is an expert in Radiation Oncology.He approaches his patients on a personal level to identify what is most important to them to guide the treatment plan. The goal is to improve quality of life and function for his patients. He saved my life. I am very grateful to him for that.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shasha is an excellent doctor from beginning to end. I am recently a cancer survivor and his knowledge and compassion was what I needed to get through. I highly recommend Dr. Shasha to all my family and friends
in New York, NY |
I had a great experience with Dr. Shasha. He was very knowledgeable and compassionate. Always helpful and treated be as a human and not an issue.
New York, NY |
He is very considerate, medically knowledgeable, and open to discussion. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in New York, NY |
My name is Geoffrey Abrams and I am now 73. 10 years ago I had prostate cancer and went to many doctors each recommending different treatments. I decided on Dr Shasha as he seemed the most honest and direct as far as my risks and chances of surviving unscathed. It was an excellent decision on my part. After 9 weeks of IMRT, I have been in good shape ever since with little if any (knock wood) side effects. My PSA has been down and so far all is well 10 years later. An excellent doctor.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shasha recently treated me for prostate cancer. To say that he's a wonderful doctor would not do him justice: he was my personal champion in recovering from this episode. His professionalism, compassion, and humor make him among the finest doctors I'll ever have. If America's healthcare system had more like him in its ranks, there would no national healthcare crisis.
in Queens,NY |
Dr. Shasha gives you complete information about your condition. He calmly explains everything he is going to do and why it needs to be done. He makes all of the information easy to understand. I felt confident that I was in good hands under Dr. Shasha's treatment. I was treated for Prostate Cancer and presently my PSA is down to 0.56! That's wonderful news! I have one small complaint about Dr. Shasha. He needs to be more gentle when inserting catheters.
New York, NY |
After interviewing several Doctors about Prostate treatments, I talked with Doctor Shasha. I was impressed by his openness to my questions, the detail and clarity of his responses. His knowledge, helpfulness and manner encouraged me so I chose him to provide treatment. After Brachytherapy, his continued attention to my basic cure and overall health has been affirmative, warm, attentive and very comforting. I feel very fortunate in having him as a physician.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I would recommend Dr Shasha highly because he is caring, sensitive to one's needs and extremely informative.
in North Bellmore |
From my first consultation with Dr. Shasha, I was struck with his tremendous knowledge of prostate cancer treatment. He then moved me deeply with the caring and concern he showed in his skilled, expert treatment. Throughout the years of careful follow-up, my respect, admiration, and gratitude towards him have continued to deepen.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shasha has been over the years a champion and remarkable healthcare provider that has over seen my cancer treatment. His compassion and love for medicine has allowed me to overcome the biggest challenge I've ever had to face. I am a Cancer survivor and Cancer free for over 8 years now and owe my second chance at life to Dr. Shasha. His devotion and tenacity allowed me to keep hope alive. It is with great honor that I have the opportunity to use this platform to express my appreciation.
in New York City, NY |
Dr. Shasha treated my prostate cancer over five years ago. He has done all the annual follow-ups since the treatment. He is extremely knowledgeable and he has my complete trust. While performing the check-up, he checks that I am doing the appropriate medical procedures for someone in my age group. He listens to all my concerns and speaks to me, ensuring that I understand
in Flushing, NY |
the most impressive thing about dr. shasha is his concern about you. he makes you feel that you are the most important patient he has. he is ready to answer all questions and has always spent as much time as needed with me when i had questions or need advise on health issues. in short, dr. shasha is much more that a doctor, he is a friend.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shasha is a very professional and knowledgeable doctor. He is friendly and easy to talk to. In addition, he is very thorough and made sure that I took care of other aspects of my health. When I first saw him for prostate cancer treatment my PSA level was at 5.4 and in a little more than 2 years he cured me as my current level is at 0.3. I highly recommend him not only for his expertise but also for his attitude - he really cares about his patients.
in Piscataway, NJ |
Very knowledgeable in his flield and caring.
in Brooklyn, NY |
From 2013 through 2014 Dr. Shasha treated me for prostate cancer. The status of the cancer was GLESSON 8 PSA 11 stage T3ANoMo. Fortunately, I was referred to Dr. Shasha with time for healing. The recovery process included initial conferences, 28 radiation treatments, seed implants and follow up check ups. My PSA is now 0.02. I thank Dr. Shasha for his skill and kind and gentle manner.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shasha is a very knowledgeable, very attentive and very friendly doctor. He is kind of doctor that you will always will believe, and his treatment is a very helpful.
in Canton, TX |
in Brooklyn, NY |
I've been seeing Dr. Shasha for about two years. I feel very comfortable when I go to see him, which I think is a rather important trait for a doctor to have. On top of that, he was very explicit in his diagnosis as well as explanations after every check-up. I've been happy with everything he has done for me.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shasha is truly the epitome of the whole person. He exudes professionalism with a sensitivity that bespeaks compassion for, and understanding of medical attainments. I feel both blessed and honored that Dr. Daniel Shasha has been in my life during the past five years to treat my cancer. Yes, I plan to continue seeing him for treatment and follow-ups, and would glad recommend him to family and friends without reservations.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Shasha performed radiation sugery on me in 2006 and he completely eliminated my prostrate cancer, with my PSA now and for the past 3 years at zero. He saved my life. He is a wonderful and caring man, I feel very fortunate to have been in his care
in New York, NY |
Have been seeing Dr. Shasha 13 years now. The second year or so, I opted for and then had the brachytherapy procedure. He's been consistently very good. Incidentally, my PSA has gone down to practically nothing in the 12 years since!
in New York, NY |
My name is Edward Nyarko Anokye. Dr Shasha is my doctor who treated me for prostate cancer. I will say that Dr. Shasha knows his work, he took me through all the tests that has to be done and gave me medication to reduce my PSA. He also recommended a radiation for 30 days for me and last but not the least did a seed implant for me. I look very healthy now than before and I highly recommend Dr. Shasha to conrinue his good works.
in Maspeth, NY |
Dr. Shasha has treated me for prostate cancer since 2005, I feel I owe my survival to him! He is a wonderful doctor and an even greater human being!!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Shasha is extremely knowledgeable with regards to his profession (oncology-radiation) as well as medicine in general. His communication skills are excellent not only during office visits, both in evaluation of me as a patient as well as advice on how to proceed, but also through his timely e-mails and quick return phone calls.In effect being always there when you need him Finally he is a professional, diligent, courteous, caring and hands on Dr. that is very personable. Dr. to go to!
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Shasha was my surgeon when I was treated for prostate cancer. Since then, I have experienced superb treatment from him and his staff.
in Mamaroneck, NY |
Dr. Shasha is very caring, responsible and knowledgeable. He keeps it real. He provides you with all of the information you will need to help you get through your situation no matter what the outcome. I would gladly recommend him.
in South Ozone Park, NY |
I would recommend Dr Shasha to my family because he is very professional and gives you the best treatment so you can feel better. He is very courteous and will give you the best advice. He knows what he is doing.
in Jersey City, NJ |
Dr. Shasha is truly a compassionate and sympathetic person. He took a personal interest in my situation and delivered all the help he could. He is very wonderful and truly deserves all five stars.
in New York, NY |
I Neil Choquette, developed prostate cancer in the year 2000. It was detected through PSA testing. Dr. D. Shasha was on board to review and diagnose my condition and recommend external radiation for treatment. Fourteen years later, upon 6 months of scheduled visits, I am cancer free. I am pleased to be treated and reviewed throughout this span of time. I would highly recommend Dr. Shasha for myself and any other patient.
in New York, NY |
Dr Shasha, treated me for prostrate cancer 12 years ago, and today I'm free of the cancer because of his care and experience.
in Roosevelt, NY |
One word, excellence in service.
in Staten Island, NY |
I really felt as if i were his only patient. The attention and focus I received was amazing. I feel great and I am confident I am in the best hands possible.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel X. Shasha, MD?
Are you Dr. Shasha?

Compare Dr. Shasha

Radiation Oncology
New York, NY 10003

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Radiation Oncology

• Colorectal Cancer
  • ENT Cancer
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Gallbladder Cancer
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Genitourinary Cancers
  • Spinal Cord Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Thoracic Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis
  • Uterine Diseases

• Brain Radiation Treatment
  • External Beam Radiotherapy
  • High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
  • Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
  • Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
  • Interstitial Brachytherapy
  • Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
  • Prostate Brachytherapy
  • Prostate Cancer Screening Exam (DRE)
  • Prostate Procedures
  • Prostate Radioactive Seed Implants
  • Radiation Oncology Procedures
  • Radiation Therapy
  • Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)

No malpractice history found for New York.

McGill University / Faculty Of Medicine
    Lenox Hill Hospital

Completed in 1993

Meml Sloan Kettering Canc Center

Completed in 1996

University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Dr. Shasha has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Hebrew

Dr. Shasha does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shasha and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Shasha's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Radiation Oncology
  • Board certified in Radiation Oncology

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Shasha

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Shasha's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Shasha

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients