Adult Neurology  |
Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD
Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD is an adult neurology doctor who practices in Augusta, ME. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Schwartz is affiliated with MaineGeneral Medical Center - Alfond Center for Health.

35 Medical Center Pkwy

Augusta, ME 04330

• Medicare

Learn about Dr. Schwartz

See how frequently Dr. Schwartz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dementia
Parkinson's Disease
high
Epilepsy
high

Dr. Schwartz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Adult Neurology

• Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Dementia
  • Epilepsy
  • Movement Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Neuromuscular Diseases

• Botox® for Chronic Migraine
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Lumbar Puncture

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maine.

• Swarthmore College
  • Albert Einstein College Of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • National Institutes Of Health
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Schwartz has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Schwartz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schwartz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schwartz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schwartz to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Schwartz's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Augusta, ME |
Doctor Schwartz seemed to listen at first, then told me that my symptoms didn't make sense and were therefore not legitamate. Tried to put me on a highly addictive prescription and see how I feel in 6 months, after telling me he didn't believe I was actually experiencing the symptoms I had listed. I told him I felt uncomfortable. My osteopath said it was "obvious that he did not read my notes." My appt. with him did more harm than good. I would highly recommend NEVER seeing him.
in Readfield |
This man should not be allowed to call himself a neurologist. I went to him complaining of muscle pain and weakness with repetitive activities. He didn't listen and instead treated me to a psychological exam and "diagnosed" me with fibro. I now see a real neurologist at Mass General who listed to what I was experiencing, reviewed my medical conditions, and ordered a punch biopsy. I was then correctly diagnosed with small fiber polyneuropathy. Run don't walk as fast as you can because this guy is
Augusta, ME |
He is a young doctor and not well read in my disease yet. He does not respond to phone calls in a timely manner. You need to call him 2 or 3 times to get him to call back. Even had him paged after hours for what I considered an emergency and he did not call me at all. He does listen, and he is willing to learn and investigate to find answers. I just need someone more experienced right now. I think he is going to be a very good doctor...but he needs to respond to patient phone calls.
in Waterville, Maine |
When I went to my first appointment with Dr. Schwartz,I was so impressed at how well he knew my case.I could tell that he had really read my chart,not just skimmed through it! I have had migraines all my life & I felt as though I had tried just about everything except Botox.He assured me that there were lots of other things to try if that didn't work. He answered all of my questions & he did not rush me put of the door. I had to wait 10 months to get in to see him and it was worth the wait!
Have seen Dr. Swartz twice and am very pleased with him. He takes the time to explain everything and answer all questions. I was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease. Had a very hard time walking and balance. Dr. Swartz has me walking and pretty good balance again. Highly recommend him.
felt he only wanted to recommend Botox. brought up a medical condition that another doctor had mentioned and he said he didn't believe that it actually existed. been trying to get ahold of them for over a week with no avail. trying to leave their office to find a new one because I am done.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
Are you Dr. Schwartz?