Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD

Dr. Schwartz
Telehealth services available

The Polyclinic Madison Center

904 7th Ave Seattle, WA 98104

Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD is a Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery Specialist in Seattle, WA. Dr. Schwartz has more experience with Shoulder/Upper Arm than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Swedish First Hill Campus. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Schwartz to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Schwartz with our nearby Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery Specialists at UW Medicine.

Make an appointment at UW Medicine today at (206) 829-4223.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of UW Medicine.

Dr. Schwartz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schwartz

Dr. Schwartz?
I had a great visit with him. We reviewed my complex surgical history and multiple previous shoulder surgeries that were done elsewhere. He was awesome at explaining, and I felt at ease. For now, we are doing nothing, but we have a plan for the future should we be forced too! I enjoyed his frankness, and honesty!
Thomas B – Jun 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
I waited 7 months to leave my review because I wanted to share real perspective on the result once nearly fully recovered. I’ve spoken to many other people who have had shoulder surgeries like mine - subcromial decompression and biceps tenodesis - I’ve read many articles; most say it takes anywhere from 12 - 18 months to recover. It’s been 7 months since my surgery and I’m sleeping better than I had for 5 years prior. I have no resting pain at all. I’m back to all my normal activities and I’m slowly rebuilding my shoulder and bicep muscles. I chose Dr Schwartz after months of research and meeting with two other surgeons. He listened to me and diagnosed the additional problem with my bicep tendon that both other surgeons ignored. He took me seriously when I told him that I have severe reactions to anesthesia and brought in an amazing anesthesiologist to handle my case. Going through a surgery is never easy and I couldn’t be happier with Dr Schwartz and his team. OUTSTANDING surgeon!
Sarah Hikel – Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
Dr. Schwartz tried to convince me to get a surgery that I didn’t need. The surgery would have been costly and had a long recovery timeline with long term shoulder immobility as a possibility. I was so thankful to get a second opinion that told me the surgery was unnecessary and to do PT instead. I am happy to report my shoulder is on the road to recovery, surgery-free. I am sure Dr. Schwartz is a smart guy but be careful of what he recommends.
May 18, 2020
I actually never "try to convince". I provide...Read More
Simply the best
Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
Dr. Dan fixed my torn rotator cuff, and I am so happy that I went to him. I talked with two other downtown shoulder doctors, and neither made me feel as confident as he did. Sure enough; it worked out like he said. Search no more, this is your guy. Straight shooter, no bs, great guy. Love em and his team
Bob M – Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Schwartz. I had previous shoulder instability surgery on my right shoulder in 2011 by another surgeon in the Seattle area. My shoulder was okay for about 12 months after that surgery. I then suffered another dislocation. I saw my surgeon again I think in 2013 and he wanted to do another soft tissue (Bankart repair?) on my shoulder but this just didn't feel right to try the same thing again. So I did the stupid thing. I waited. I had 7 more dislocations until 2017. I then met Dr. Schwartz. He offered a different kind of operation called a latarjet. He did it with a camera in my shoulder (not open). My shoulder has been rock solid since then with no issues what so ever. I really appreciate his expertise, frankness, and willingness to completely provide any evidence from literature to support his opinion. I've ultimately just had a great experience, and recently saw him and was so happy with my results that I wanted to write here! Thanks!
BillW – Sep 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
He fixed my broken arm / collar bone. Love this guy and his nurse Mel. Great experience after a really awful accident!
L Odaso – Sep 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
I had a great intial visit, surgical experience, and postop experience with Dr. Schwartz and his team. I have to say what impressed me the most was the time he took to spend with me. He involved himself well with my decision making process, and let me really decide what we wanted to do. The surgery itself went well, was pretty painful, but he counseled me that it would be like. Ultimately the hardest part was rehabing the shoulder. He followed closely along and made sure that I reached the goals that we had previously set. I really cannot recommend him highy enough. Great physician, great surgeon, and my buddy too!
Sep 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
I met him after he replaced the shoulder of my mother. We have all been impressed with her quick recovery, and how well she is doing! He has been nothing but a gentleman and cannot recommend him enough; my mom has been so happy with her pain free shoulder that now moves!
Paul G – Sep 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
Dr. Schwartz fixed my collar bone, and it is perfect! Pain went away about 2 weeks after he cut it and fixed it. I am so grateful and the incisiion looks perfect and the xrays look awesome!!
Ryan R – Sep 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
Dr Dan did a great job on my rotator cuff surgery. His great combination of humor and skilled hands made it a breeze. I send everyone I can to him!
Lisa P – Sep 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
Dr S took great care of my son after he dislocated his shoulder! I am an orthopedic surgeon in another state, and I was thoroughly impressed with his professionalism, care, and the fact that he actually called and spoke with me with genuine care. Cannot rec him enough
Tom B – Sep 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
What can I say, he has helped me, my wife, and some of my close friends. He does excellent work, and really does care. He does look a little over-worked at times, but I almost think he likes it. Either way, definitely 2 thumbs up!
Sydney K in Seattle - Ballard, WA – Dec 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
Operated on me, and has become a fast friend. I love him, he tells it like it is, and is very frank. Try him out and see for yourself.
Jim W in Seattle, WA – Dec 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
Plain spoken, explained my problem like a great mechanic would, and didn't seem like he was full of BS. Appreciated his frankness. He did great with the work that he did when he had to operate. Again with recovery, I always knew what was going on because he hid nothing and explained everything. Good communicator.
H. Wilson in Bellevue, WA – Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
He called me the night after my procedure, and this was much appreciated. He has a level of caring, and follow up (he actually left his cell phone number with me to call for any issues). It also helps that the surgery went great and the recovery was easier than he made it sound like it. Great experience, the kind of doctor I think more should be like.
Scott S in Seattle, WA – Nov 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
Dr. Dan was awesome to work with, very personable, explained well the problems, encouraged other opinions, and didn't really pressure me for surgery. His staff was great as well. Thanks Doc!
B.C. in Seattle, WA – Nov 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
Did good, pain is gone, but did not like wait for xray and being rescheduled by his office.
Jenn M in Bellevue, WA – Nov 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
He repaired and completely got rid of my shoulder that would pop out of the joint basically if I sneezed! I love him, did great work, and very easy to talk with!
Lisa K in Lynnwood, WA – Nov 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?
He replaced my mom's shoulder and she's doing awesome! He is fantastic, truly.
Carl P in Shoreline, WA – Nov 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Schwartz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schwartz?

Living with shoulder or elbow pain can make normal everyday activities an agonizing experience. Here at the office of Dr. Daniel Schwartz, Shoulder and Elbow Surgeon, we treat an array of ailments and injuries. Our primary goal? To hel...Read more

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery