Dr. Daniel Rifkin, MD

Sleep Medicine | Male

Dr. Daniel Rifkin, MD
Dr. Daniel Rifkin, MD is a sleep medicine doctor who practices in Williamsville, NY. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Rifkin is affiliated with Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Kenmore Mercy Hospital and Kaleida Health Buffalo General Hospital.

Dr. Rifkin's Care Philosophy

As a board certified neurologist and sleep specialist, I focus on the importance of adequate and proper sleep to keep my patients at their best during the day. I enjoy playing my part in one of the last frontiers of medicine where we are just starting to learn how sleep impacts all aspects of our health.

Dr. Rifkin's Experience

See how Dr. Rifkin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rifkin

Dr. Rifkin accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Rifkin is now accepting new patients
Amherst Office1120 Youngs Rd
Williamsville, NY 14221
Evening
Saturday
(716) 923-7326Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Rifkin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rifkin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rifkin to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Rifkin's Performance
in Buffalo, NY |
Terrible experience with this doctor and staff. The staff is rude and condescending, and you can't get a timely appointment to see the Dr.My father has a medical condition where the BIPAP is essential to his survival.He did a sleep study that Dr. Rifkin signed off on.The BIPAP was then not working.I called to discuss this with the Dr.His staff said we couldn't bc my dad is "not considered a patient!" What?!? So I tried to make an apt but the soonest we could get in was 2 months! Just POOR!
Orchard Park, NY |
Nice enough guy, but I think that everyone who walks in the door is diagnosed with sleep apnea, and is signed up with a long expensive contract with a CPAP machine, supplied by his partner company. Dont try and buy a machine, it costs more than the entire lease payments.
in East Aurora, NY |
I just had a sleep study 6 weeks ago and the office called me to get right in. I was able to see Dr. Rifkin within a week because my sleep apnea was severe. I followed up with a PA and she was terrific. I'm not sure what this Jim guy is talking about, but Dr. Rifkin was amazing and I feel even more amazing! Dr. Rifkin is worth the wait!
Thank you Robert for recognizing a "false news" report about our practice. Since our inception, we've always focused on patient care and coordinate our care for the benefit of the patient. Our PAs are an integral and extremely important part of our practice and we will make every attempt to see a patient in a timely fashion. We use a STAT protocol to ensure patient safety and "squeeze" patients in all the time when we have to. Thanks again for supporting our practice!
in Buffalo, NY |
I had a sleep study at Dr. Rifkin's office.Dr. Rifkin wrote the summary report, but you CAN'T GET AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE HIM TO DISCUSS RESULTS! The soonest appointment they had available was FOUR MONTHS from my study.This is unconscionable and borders on medical malpractice.I could see the Physician's Assistant (PA) sooner, but even that was THREE MONTHS out.So the doctor subcontracts his work to a PA, and you STILL can't get an appointment with him! Forget emergency visits; ANY visit! Terrible!
Hello JIm, I'm sorry for your experience with the practice as there must have been a misunderstanding. In that you did not see me, or one or our other practitioners (who are fantastic by the way), prior to your sleep study, it is the responsibility of the ordering practitioner to review the results with you. If the ordering practitioner is unable to review the results with you, we would be more than happy to do so ASAP per his/her request. Again our apologies.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Rifkin, MD?

Compare Dr. Rifkin

Dr. Rifkin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rifkin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sleep Medicine
  •  Board certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine

• Named one of Buffalo's Top Docs in Buffalo Spree Magazine, 2010

Dr. Rifkin has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rifkin's Board Certifications

• Neurology
  • Sleep Medicine

• Advanced Sleep Phase Disorder
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder

Strong Meml Hospital University Rochester

Completed in 1996

University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Completed in 1997

Dr. Rifkin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rifkin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sleep Medicine