Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD

Orthopedic Hand SurgeryMaleAge 49

Dr. Polatsch
Telehealth services available

Northwell Health Physician Partners New York Hand and Wrist Center of Lenox Hill

210 E 64th St Fl 5 New York, NY 10065

Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Polatsch to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Polatsch with our nearby Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.

Make an appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center today at (212) 235-1531.

These providers are on the medical staff of NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.

Dr. Polatsch's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Polatsch

4.2

Dr. Polatsch?
  • Explained conditions well (38)
  • Listened & answered questions (37)
  • Office environment (37)
  • Appointment was rushed (7)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (7)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (7)
Amazing doctor. Fantastic staff. Everyone was incredibly helpful from the PA to Dr. Polatsch's follow up personal phone call after my MRI. Highly recommend.
Nov 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
I needed multiple surgeries on both hands. Dr Polatsch was a consummate professional, told me exactly what to expect, and performed exceptional surgery. I give him my highest recommendation. All doctors - and especially surgeons - should be as technically proficient and compassionate as Dan Polatsch.
Tom Bailey – Nov 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
Wrist fracture caused by airbag in a car accident. High impact, shattered. Dr. Polatsch put the shattered pieces back in place, added a plate. Amazing results, amazing care. He knows what he's doing! He cares.
WA Syosset – Sep 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
BEST DOCTOR FOR SCAPHOID FRACTURES From everything I heard about scaphoid - I went in to the appointment expecting to hear: - Definite surgery (which I was okay with) knowing the extent my injury - 12+ weeks of cast afterwards - And even with that no certainty of injury Now here I am less than 5 weeks after surgery. My CAT scan just came back showing a 90%+ healing of the bone and I do not need a splint anymore. On top of that, because I was not in a cast I have barely any stiffness in my hand. So less than 5 weeks after surgery (Dr. Polatsch originally said it would take 6 weeks to get to where I am at): - Hardly any stiffness - 90%+ healed fracture - No splint or cast - Almost unnoticeable scar (if any) from surgery - Getting back to my life! I should be back to 100% in no time! Dr. Polatsch is simply the best and is literally CHANGING the algorithm on how to treat and heal scaphoid fractures. If you have one and are looking for the best - go no farther!
Anuj Shah – Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
As a musician I was having problems with my finger. I did some research and found out about Dr. Polatsh and traveled an hour and a half from Long Island to see him. It was worth traveling into the city! He helped me greatly. I had surgery in Dec 2019 and had great results. I've been having an issue with a finger on my other hand now so I went to the office yesterday. He is extremely professional and knowledgeable and he actually spends the time with you in the office to explain what the issue is and how it can be treated. He answered all of my questions. I would not go anywhere else as Dr. Polatsch is simply the best.
Paul from Long Island - Sept. 1, 2020 – Sep 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
Dr. Polatsch and his office were really helpful from the scheduling to the ease of appointment, especially with all that is going on around COVID. The hospital is completely COVID free so I felt comfortable receiving the care I needed. Dr. Polatsch was able to meet with me promptly and effective explained what was going on and course of treatment in a way I understood.
Marissa – May 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
after our initial consultation via telemedicine a month ago (due to COVID-19) I went to the office in person today. It was an excellent visit; the doctor was gracious and explained everything clearly, gave me a steroid shot in each hand and I was in and out within 30 minutes including time for x-rays. Highly recommend.
May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
I recently brought my son to see Dr. Polatsch after he broke his pinky finger playing basketball. Dr. Polatsch was extremely patient and answered all of our questions. He spent a lot of time with us and was so great with my son as well. I was so impressed with his knowledge, bedside manner, and professionalism. His office staff was great too.
Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
Dr. Polatsch is the best. I had seen several hand doctors and was most impressed with him and his staff. The office is beautiful and the staff are extremely friendly. I had to wait about 20 minutes to see him but it was well worth the wait. He quickly diagnosed my problem. He offered an injection and told me that’s what he would do if it was his family member and told me it should cure the problem in about 75% or people. 2-3 weeks later I was pain free and have remained pain free ever since then. I can’t believe that the other doctors wanted to operate. Scary. I cant recommend Dr. P enough for and hand or wrist problem.
Mar 07, 2020
Dr. Polatsch is wonderful
Jon – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
Three weeks ago my 18 year old son had a severe injury that required emergency attention. My wife, my son and I could not be more thankful that Dr Polatsch made time for us on short notice. Time was of the essence and we were all very emotional and scared. Immediately we knew we were in the right place and being cared for by one of the very best doctors in the world. Dr Polatsch is an amazing hand/wrist specialist, but an even better person. He has followed up with us many times outside of office visits, including while on vacation. He has been honest, transparent and most of all encouraging to my son during this difficult process. You immediately know that he cares deeply about his patients and wants the very best for them. He inspires confidence and you know that he will do anything possible to ensure the best outcome for his patients. Dr Polatsch has also surrounded himself with a great team. He is a world class physician, surgeon and person. He is the very best.
John Devlin – Aug 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
Dr. Polatsch is one of the most incredible doctors I have ever encountered and is clearly the best of the best. I was not pleased to learn I needed surgery (distal radius fracture) but after moving past that, Dr. Polatsch told me I could see a full recovery in 3-4 months if I stuck with my rehab. He reiterated that if I was rigorous in my rehab, keep my fingers moving post surgery and my hand active after the cast came off that I could speed up the recovery even further. I took his advice to
Andrew in New York, NY – Mar 06, 2019
Frightening
Dec 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
I was sent to him by three people but he terrified me when he told me that I needed an operation on four fingers or I would be “crippled” and he couldnt then help me. He made me a splint so uncomfortable that my hand, which didn’t hurt when I went to see him, began hurting terribly. I also asked to get a referral to pt but he said no. I got a second opinion from a more seasoned hand surgeon who told me that I am not nearly at the point of requiring surgery and that they were many Other options.
Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
Dr. Polatsch is not the best hand doctor/surgeon. He is the BEST of the best! Period. I had "trigger finger" symptoms and went to one of the best NYU Langone hand doctors whom I visited twice but my fingers continue to worsen. I decided to visit Dr. Polatsch and he did exactly the same procedure (injections) as the doctor at NYU Langone but slightly differently in terms of which spots of the fingers were injected. I took note of that and the difference with the NYU Langone treatment. Withi
Andreas Panteli in Staten Island, NY – Sep 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
Staff, in particular PA and officer manager were rude.
Bronx, NY – Nov 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
After having pain and being in splints on and off with both hands, I now have full use of both hands and am completely splint free. Dr. Polatsch first operated on me two years ago for a tennis elbow on left arm. This past June he operated on my right hand and elbow for three trigger fingers, a nerve pressing on the elbow and tennis elbow. I am so grateful to him for his kindness, professionalism, and for being such a fantastic surgeon. It is great to be pain free.
Fran U. in New York, NY – Oct 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
What a sweetie! I have had several minor hand surgeries, which went smoothly. I absolutely trust him and his staff. People with hand problems would be crazy to see anyone else.
phoebe in New York, NY – Aug 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?
I had a very good experience. Dr. Polatsch examined my finger and gave me information to make a decision between an injection or surgery. . He listened and answered all of my questions. He is knowledgeable and professional. He was patient and gave me time to make a decision. Someone from his office called me the day after surgery to see how I was feeliing and shortly after I responded, Dr. Polatsch called me to discuss. He has a very nice bedside manner and his staff is friendly and courteous.
Bonnie in Brooklyn, NY – Apr 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Polatsch, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Polatsch?

Dr. Polatsch is a board certified, fellowship trained hand and upper extremity surgeon. He truly is a conservative hand surgeon who will always try non-operative...Read more

Dr. Daniel Polatsch is a Manhattan based orthopaedic hand surgeon who has been recognized as New York's Top doctors by New York Magazine, Castle Connolly,...Read more

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• New York Times Best Doctors, 2011
  • New York Times Best Doctors, 2012
  • New York Times Best Doctors, 2010
  • New York Top Doctors (Castle Connolly Medical Ltd), 2012

• >Posterior capsulorrhaphy for treatment of recurrent posterior glenohumeral instability., 2005
  • >Severe Ulnar Neuropathy Following Anterior Subcutaneous Transposition of the Ulnar Nerve in a Collegiate Tennis Player, 2003
  • >Chronic exertional compartment syndrome:diagnosis and management., 2005
  • >Capitellar Fractures: A BiomechanicalEvaluation of Three Fixation Methods., 2002
  • >Comparison of two headless screwdesigns for fixation of capitellum fractures., 2003
  • >Basal Joint Arthritis: Evaluation and Treatment., 2006