Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Daniel Peterson, MD
Dr. Daniel Peterson, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Peterson is affiliated with University Medical Center at Brackenridge and Seton Medical Center Austin.

801 W 38th St Ste 400

Austin, TX 78705

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Peterson

Comprised of six physicians, Austin Brain & Spine is the largest group of neurosurgeons in Central Texas with expertise in all areas of neurosurgery including spine, vascular, tumor, neurotrauma and pain. By treating the whole person with a continuum of services from non-surgical to surgical, our mission is to provide the highest quality of care to our patients in the safest possible environment. We strive to offer comprehensive technical surgery, while still focusing on the patient as a person.

Dr. Peterson's Experience

Dr. Peterson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Brain Tumor
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Craniopharyngioma

• Craniotomy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spine Surgery

• University Of Colorado At Denver
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • University Tx Med School San Antonio

Dr. Peterson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Peterson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Peterson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Peterson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Peterson to family and friends
Dr. Peterson's Performance
in Austin, TX |
In addition to being a brilliant surgeon, Dr. Peterson is a very empathic human being and a great listener. I went into my surgery feeling zero anxiety thanks to Dr. Peterson and his staff. I feel very fortunate to have been their patient.
in Blanco, TX |
Dr Peterson is not only a highly skilled surgeon but also has a staff that is extremely helpful and friendly. I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes to be seen--and that includes the time after shown to an exam room. As a physician I am well aware of how hard it can be to keep an office on schedule, but as a patient I am grateful to this office for working so hard to do so.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Peterson is a gifted surgeon. My surgery completely relieved me of my pain. The entire experience from my first appointment, the surgery, and my followup was a positive experience. Dr. Peterson listens and takes time to make sure his patients are well informed. The office staff was friendly and professional. I would recommend Dr. Peterson to anyone looking for an excellent surgeon.
in Austin, TX |
I have been under the care of Dr. Dan since 2004 and go sending me back for c3/4 or there about. The good doctor has helped me with lumbar and cervical also locked down s1...... This is before my upcoming cervical and am confident he will do whatever it is I need at this time. Reads me like a book. I always come out feeling better than before I entered......always.....you are awesome Dr. Peterson......See You Soon Sir......
Austin, TX |
I had an unexpected, very painful, back problem. My PCP called Dr Peterson's office and the got me in the next day to see him. He recommended what my next treatment(s) should be and another doctor that could help me. It was the right diagnosis and the right treatment for what my problem was. I was back on my feet and walking upright again within a week. I was seen and treated quickly when I went into the office and had a very pleasant appointment, considering the circumstances.
in Lampasas texas |
Dr. Peterson was highly recommended to me by an RN friend of mine. I am a retired CT / X-ray Tech and after meeting Dr Peterson I knew her recommendation was right on. He preformed my Lumbar Spine surgery with absolute effencency! Everything he told me was exactly how it went. Pain free now after 3 years! Thank You Dr Peterson!! I have, and will recommend him to everyone. And his office staff effenency and professionalism rates right there with him.
in Round Rock, TX |
I had ruptured disc and spinal stenosis so badly I could only walk bent over. Pain unbearable. tried injections with a pain management physician who after trying twice suggested MRI immediately suggested Surgery. Dr. Peterson saw me only 3 days after calling and explaining my situation that was on Friday scheduled me for surgery on Monday. I had such pain relief. I am a retired nurse of 46 years. I would recommend Dr.Peterson without reservation.
in Austin, TX |
Thank you Dr. Peterson for being my advocate with my insurance company and for the wonderful care you gave me. Having a two level TDR has completely eliminated my symptoms of neuropathy, chronic back pain, and I'm so greatly appreciative of your expertise with the Mobi-C discs. Lastly, because they're never told enough, a warm thank you to your office staff for being friendly, personable, and compassionate all the while with smiles on their faces.
in Austin, TX |
I've always considered spinal surgery an absolute crap shoot. Win some, lose some... Dr. Dan, however, is a completely different story. The man is a true craftsman. He saved my life. Literally... And I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone. I owe him everything. Sincerely.
in Burnet, TX |
I just had my third cervical laminectomy/spinal fusion by Dr. Peterson. My results have been excellent, and I could not have asked for a better surgeon. His office staff is very helpful, and always made sure things went smoothly. I would not hesitate to recommend him, and am very appreciative of the excellent care I received.
in Wimberley, TX |
Dr. Peterson clipped a bleeding, 2mm, intracranial aneurysm on a very small artery at the base of my son-in-laws brain. My son in law was in big trouble with rising pressure in his head, severe pain. To say the least this was life-threatening! Thanks to the excellent neuroradiologist, who refused to be satisfied with initial studies that didn't show the defect and then found the culprit AND thanks to the extremely skilled Dr. Peterson my son in law survived without any neurologic deficits.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Peterson was very professional and kept me comfortable before and after the surgery. His choice of location for recovery was very nice. I wanted the mobi-c device to be used and he is the de facto surgeon for this procedure. The procedure itself was fairly painless for me. I didn't have any of the most discussed issues (very badly sore throat), I read about and I think that's speaks to Dr. Peterson's skill.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Peterson is absolutely the best! He has actually performed 2 spinal surgeries on me, both unrelated. I had suffered with a C6/C7 degenerative disc for over 10 years. I went to Dr. Peterson and was so impressed with his professional and friendly manner, that I allowed him to perform the fusion. The result - 100% successful. 4 years later, a cyst suddenly appeared against my spinal cord at T1/T2 causing significant pain and numbness. Again, the result - 100% successful. Thanks Dr. Peterson!
in Austin, TX |
I thought of him as very friendly and well informed with wonderful staff.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Peterson, MD?
Are you Dr. Peterson?