Dr. Daniel Osimani, MD

Dr. Daniel Osimani, MD

Interventional Cardiology  |
Dr. Daniel Osimani, MD is an interventional cardiology doctor who practices in Blacksburg, VA. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

801 Davis St Ste 1

Blacksburg, VA 24060

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)

Learn about Dr. Osimani

See how frequently Dr. Osimani performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pulmonary Hypertension
Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
Heart Disease

Dr. Osimani's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Interventional Cardiology

• Aortic Valve Regurgitation
  • Arrhythmias
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Dyslipidemia
  • Edema
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart Disease
  • Hypotension
  • Limb Swelling
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Lipidoses (incl. Gaucher Disease)
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Septal Defect
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Event Monitor
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Stress Echocardiogram
  • Thoracentesis
  • Tilt Table Testing
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of Illinois Med School Chicago Il
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • University Of Illinois
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • University Of Illinois Medical School
  • University Of Illinois Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Osimani has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Osimani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Osimani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Osimani's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Osimani to family and friends
Dr. Osimani's Performance
in Dublin, VA |
My experience with Dr. Osimani has been excellent. He is very caring and spends time explaining what is going on in my case. He allows for questions and provides answers. He never seems to be in a hurry and spends appropriate time with me as his patient.. I would easily recommend him to family and friends.
in Christiansburg, VA |
Very nice Dr. Took the time to actually listen to me. Seems to be an honest straight to the point kind of guy... I like that.
Blacksburg, VA |
Dr Osimani during my visit took time to field all questions i had and explained in terms that was easy to understand. Beyond the series of questions i had on my list, he took time to help me understand the recovery process and how important it is to stay within the protocol. We then agreed to a rehab program which he also explained in enough detail for understanding. importantly he took the amount of time to accomplish all of the above in a non-rushed atmosphere
in Blacksburg VA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Daniel Osimani for several years. I have been nothing but pleased the care that I have received. I gladly recommend him to anyone needs a cardiologist. I have no complaints or concerns.
in Blacksburg, VA |
Dr.Osimani has been my cardiologist for 15 years. He is thorough, very knowledgeable, and addresses issues straight on. He listens carefully, responds to the point and has a sense of humor. His personal standards of professional performance are very high and he has little time for those who do not also aim high.
in Christiansburg, VA |
I was impressed with Dr. Osimani's professionalism and ability to connect with a "lay" person. He was thorough and knowledgeable and he cared about me as an individual.
in Dublin, VA |
Daniel Osimani, MD who practices at Lewis Gale Physicians- Cardiology in Blacksburg, VA has been treating me for serious medical issues for years. He is knowledgeable, well-trained and resourceful in the practice of cardiology. He and his entire staff are very caring! Heart conditions are unnerving and can be scary. You want to be receiving the best treatment possible. Doc Osimani will deliver the finest care and counsel right here in the New River Valley!
in Blacksburg, VA |
I really like this doctor; he saved my life!
in Dublin, Va. |
I am pleased to be a patient of Dr. Osimani and would recommend his office to anyone that ask. He was very trusting and made me feel as if he had been my doctor for years. I made several calls back to the office and felt as if I was being a burden to the staff but I was assured by each person I spoke with (concerning the meds that he gave me, my insurance wouldn't pay) that they were there to help and to call back anytime. I was well pleased with my visit!
Blacksburg, VA |
Scheduled the appt. quickly when I needed it. Office visit was "on time" and thorough. Referral for the stress test went well and Dr. O. was there to followup.
in Pearisburg, VA |
Dr. Osimani is a great heart doctor but he is also a wonderful people doctor. He goes out of his way to make his patients feel that they are the most important person he will be seeing that day. Dr. O talks to family members so they can understand what is going on. He talks to you, not down at you. You are made to feel he cares about all of you, not just your heart. We are very lucky that he chose Blacksburg for his practice.
in Pulaski, VA |
He always takes time to answer your questions and give you logical answers to your problems.
in Hillsville,va |
There is no better heart doctor anywhere than Dr.Osimani. I tell everybody if you have heart problem that is the doctor to go to. Everybody treats you so nice. They act like you are one of their family. I don't think I would be living today if I hadn't found him. I'm 83 years old
in Blacksburg, VA |
Dr. Osimani has always been very professional in taking care of my physical problems. He was attentive to a special problem I had several years ago that resulted in very satisfactory and lasting results. I depend on him for continued care.
Pulaski, VA |
Very good listener. Would definitely recommend.
in Christiansburg, VA |
Dr. Osimani has a wonderful beside manner, very knowledgeable, kind, caring and considerate. His staff has the same manners and makes sure that the patient is taken care of. I would highly recommend Dr. Osimani and his staff! Bev, Delsie & Julie are great and take wonderful care of each patient they see
in Christiansburg, VA |
When I had my heart attack. I met Dr Osimani for the first time, He told me my heart looked like a 80 year old's heart. He said I might live around 15 more years. But said I could work 4 hours a day. But could not use a rake Or use a broom. But he said I was permanently disabled and should file for disability. Well saying I could work for 4 hours a day screwed me on all accounts, This Doctor has no ideal what he is talking about. Permanently disabled should mean just that. Go somewhere else.
in Blacksburg Va |
I was upset that I did not get to see Dr Osimani I had to see his nurse? I payed to see him, if I had been told I would not be seeing him I would have went to another Doctor, after all He is the specialist. So I will get a second opinion.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Osimani, MD?
Are you Dr. Osimani?

Visit Dr. Osimani

Dr. Osimani accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Anthem
    Pathway X Tier Hosp HealthKeepers DirectAccess VA
    KeyCare PPO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina
    Southern Health PPO
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Optima Health