Dr. Daniel Mullen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Advanced Orthopedics 4852 E Baseline Rd Ste 107 Mesa, AZ 85206 Get Directions
Dr. Daniel Mullen, MD
Dr. Daniel Mullen, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Mesa, AZ. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Mullen is affiliated with Banner Baywood Medical Center.

Dr. Mullen's Experience

See how Dr. Mullen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mullen

Dr. Mullen accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Mullen is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Mullen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mullen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mullen to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Mullen's Performance
Mesa, AZ |
Love Dr. Mullen! He took care of my ACL and menicus tears and fixed me up. My only complaint is his front desk person was very condescending, rude and abrupt with me. Not to mention she was chomping on gum like a cow......this is very unprofessional.
in Apache Junction |
I had been in pain for a year and a half because the first hip failed Dr mullen is the best
in Mesa, AZ |
This doctor is an amazing surgeon. He has done one shoulder and two knee replacements for me with excellent results. I recommend him often.
Gilbert, AZ |
Biggest waste of time ever! Waited 5 weeks for initial appointment to have him see my 15 year old for a torn labrum in her right shoulder. Waited 1 hour 20 minutes for scheduled appt. Waited over a week for office staff to call with surgery authorization information (I finally had to call). Would have had to wait another 2 months for surgery. He has some problem with Banner Health Network Insurance & limited surgery times with them. He failed to mention that during appt. Found another Dr.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I have had both knees done by Dr. Mullen and could't be more pleased with the results as I am now, both knees have minimal scarring. I highly recommend him to anyone. Dr. Mullen not only is a great surgeon but his mannerism is very pleasant which makes it easy to consult with him.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Staff is wonderful, surgery went well. perfectly happy.
in Mesa, AZ |
I have had both my knees totally replaced by Dr Mullen. He and his staff has the program set perfectly for the patient. I would strongly recommend Dr Mullen and his staff for your needs
in Anchorage, AK |
My knees were in terrible shape. I was on a walker. Now, I can walk pain free and do anything I want!!
in Mesa, AZ |
Wonderful experience!! I had A previous orthopedic dr perform surgery for both knees to be replaced in recent years. He retired earlier this year & I was at a loss who I should choose for a hip replacement. Dr. Mullen was attentive, professional & caring. I found him online, did my homework reading about his qualifications & his experience. From the first appt, to the surgery & later the post op appt., he was professional in every way. I will definitely refer him to others, as well as relatives.
in gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Mullen was extremely courteous and very easy to talk to. Walked through each step before and after the surgery so that I didn't have any unexpected surprises. Being younger and in the military he outlined all of my options for me even if I didn't go with him or decided not to do the surgery. I would highly recommend him! Thank you Dr. Mullen. Thanks to your surgery I can continue my military career.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Mullen & his staff were all very reassuring. They explained everything thoroughly regarding operation & recuperation. They answered all my questions thoroughly. I would highly recommend Dr. Mullen to anyone needing a knee replacement.
in Maricopa Az |
Dr. Mullen is A Dr. that cares about his patients. He always check up on his patients recoveries after their surgery, and i would recommend him to any one who is looking for a great orthopedic doctor. Thanks Dr. Mullen for your service.
in Tempe, AZ |
I have had a wonderful experience with Dr.Mullen. I recently had reverse shoulder replacement surgery on my left should....it was amazing to regain use of this arm. I would recommend him to any of my family or friends. I have been so please that I am looking forward to surgery on my right should at the beginning of the new year.
in Apache Junction, AZ |
From the time I first made the appointment with Dr. Mullen my experience has been great. There was very little wait time from my appointment time until I was see by the medical staff. The day of my surgery I was made to feel at ease and the whole process was a good experience. I would recommend Dr. Mullen without hesitation.
in Mesa, AZ |
I had a favorable opinion of Dr, Mullen because he had successfully replaced my mother's knee and my husband's hip. He performed my knee replacement last week and I can't praise him enough! He is an excellent surgeon, performing a minimally invasive and very successful procedure. He is a consummate professional yet shows deep concern and empathy for his patients. I highly recommend him.
Gilbert, AZ |
Very professional, good bedside manner, answers all questions, EXCELLENT surgeon, really cares for and each patient and demands that care from all others involved in surgery process
in Apache Junction, AZ |
Dr. Mullen and his staff at Ortho Arizona are wonderful. They made a tough experience much easier than expected. They are professional and courteous, and everything went smoothly. The total knee replacement went as expected, and the recovery has been faster than expected. Excellent job, Dr. Mullen, and thank you so much!
Mesa, AZ |
The xray tech was terribly cold and callous about my pain.Dr. Mullen comes in the room, told me I have knock knees and that as I get older I'd experience problems and pain. He said I'm not a candidate for surgery, said good luck and started to walk out. I asked him about injections or anything to help with pain relief and he just said ask your pain clinic and he left. Never suggested an MRI or anything else. If this guy can't make money on you by cutting you opened you're not worth his time.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I was told by a family member that he was the best, and after meeting him and having my surgery I would have to agree. Great guy and even a better surgeon, he answered all of my questions and explained the procedure and recovery process very well. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic services.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Mullen, MD?
Are you Dr. Mullen?

Compare Dr. Mullen

Dr. Mullen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

• Phoenix Magazine Top Doctor, multi-year

Dr. Mullen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mullen's Board Certifications

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

Union Mem Hospital
    The Cleveland Clinic
  • Other Education
    Johns Hopkins University Hospital

Dr. Mullen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mullen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• ACL Surgery