Dr. Daniel Mullen, MD

Dr. Daniel Mullen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Daniel Mullen, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Mesa, AZ. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

4852 E Baseline Rd Ste 107

• Arizona Foundation
  • Banner Health
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)

Learn about Dr. Mullen

See how frequently Dr. Mullen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis
Knee Disorders
Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Mullen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
  • Minimally Invasive Hip Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Notre Dame
  • Union Mem Hospital
  • The Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Phoenix Magazine Top Doctor, multi-year

Dr. Mullen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mullen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mullen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mullen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mullen to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Mullen's Performance
in Mesa,AZ |
I'm very impressed with Dr. Mullen and his staff. AAA+++ I had surgery Oct25, and was told by others how bad it would be after surgery. Not with Dr. Mullen. He is an expert with less invasive surgery. I had very little pain, and stopped taking pain medication in less than a week. Waiting now to start therapy. I highly recommend Dr. Mullen and his great staff!!! Sincerely C.R.Felix A very satisfied patient.
Mesa |
Very very pleased with the results of my rotator cuff surgery. Dr Mullen and his staff always take time to answer all my questions and I never felt rushed during any of my visits,,, I would definitely see Dr Mullen again if I have any knee. hip. shoulder problems.. Highly recommend him.
in Chandler, AZ |
I separated my right A-C to grade 3-4 (with displacement) and tore my labrum in right shoulder in 2001. Dr. Mullen fixed these issues so well that I continued to ride mountain bikes and compete in BMX races until February 2014, when I severely injured my left shoulder. Upon examination , it was determined that the left shoulder labrum and rotator cuff we're both torn and I had significant arthritic tissue buildup in this joint as well. Dr. Mullen fixed these also, and I'm back to racing again
in mesa |
Great staff !!l Superior knowledge, excellent bedside manner and has a sense of humor. Very reassuring and answers all questions. I am 6 weeks out from a left total knee replacement. I am doing great ! No walker or cane with pain level of 1-2 at rare times. So happy to be relieved of arthritic pain !! What a God send. This review is from a RN, who only goes to the best doctors.
Mesa, AZ |
Love Dr. Mullen! He took care of my ACL and menicus tears and fixed me up. My only complaint is his front desk person was very condescending, rude and abrupt with me. Not to mention she was chomping on gum like a cow......this is very unprofessional.
in Apache Junction |
I had been in pain for a year and a half because the first hip failed Dr mullen is the best
in Mesa, AZ |
This doctor is an amazing surgeon. He has done one shoulder and two knee replacements for me with excellent results. I recommend him often.
Gilbert, AZ |
Biggest waste of time ever! Waited 5 weeks for initial appointment to have him see my 15 year old for a torn labrum in her right shoulder. Waited 1 hour 20 minutes for scheduled appt. Waited over a week for office staff to call with surgery authorization information (I finally had to call). Would have had to wait another 2 months for surgery. He has some problem with Banner Health Network Insurance & limited surgery times with them. He failed to mention that during appt. Found another Dr.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I have had both knees done by Dr. Mullen and could't be more pleased with the results as I am now, both knees have minimal scarring. I highly recommend him to anyone. Dr. Mullen not only is a great surgeon but his mannerism is very pleasant which makes it easy to consult with him.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Staff is wonderful, surgery went well. perfectly happy.
in Mesa, AZ |
I have had both my knees totally replaced by Dr Mullen. He and his staff has the program set perfectly for the patient. I would strongly recommend Dr Mullen and his staff for your needs
in Anchorage, AK |
My knees were in terrible shape. I was on a walker. Now, I can walk pain free and do anything I want!!
in Mesa, AZ |
Wonderful experience!! I had A previous orthopedic dr perform surgery for both knees to be replaced in recent years. He retired earlier this year & I was at a loss who I should choose for a hip replacement. Dr. Mullen was attentive, professional & caring. I found him online, did my homework reading about his qualifications & his experience. From the first appt, to the surgery & later the post op appt., he was professional in every way. I will definitely refer him to others, as well as relatives.
in gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Mullen was extremely courteous and very easy to talk to. Walked through each step before and after the surgery so that I didn't have any unexpected surprises. Being younger and in the military he outlined all of my options for me even if I didn't go with him or decided not to do the surgery. I would highly recommend him! Thank you Dr. Mullen. Thanks to your surgery I can continue my military career.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Mullen & his staff were all very reassuring. They explained everything thoroughly regarding operation & recuperation. They answered all my questions thoroughly. I would highly recommend Dr. Mullen to anyone needing a knee replacement.
in Maricopa Az |
Dr. Mullen is A Dr. that cares about his patients. He always check up on his patients recoveries after their surgery, and i would recommend him to any one who is looking for a great orthopedic doctor. Thanks Dr. Mullen for your service.
in Tempe, AZ |
I have had a wonderful experience with Dr.Mullen. I recently had reverse shoulder replacement surgery on my left should....it was amazing to regain use of this arm. I would recommend him to any of my family or friends. I have been so please that I am looking forward to surgery on my right should at the beginning of the new year.
in Apache Junction, AZ |
From the time I first made the appointment with Dr. Mullen my experience has been great. There was very little wait time from my appointment time until I was see by the medical staff. The day of my surgery I was made to feel at ease and the whole process was a good experience. I would recommend Dr. Mullen without hesitation.
in Mesa, AZ |
I had a favorable opinion of Dr, Mullen because he had successfully replaced my mother's knee and my husband's hip. He performed my knee replacement last week and I can't praise him enough! He is an excellent surgeon, performing a minimally invasive and very successful procedure. He is a consummate professional yet shows deep concern and empathy for his patients. I highly recommend him.
Gilbert, AZ |
Very professional, good bedside manner, answers all questions, EXCELLENT surgeon, really cares for and each patient and demands that care from all others involved in surgery process
in Apache Junction, AZ |
Dr. Mullen and his staff at Ortho Arizona are wonderful. They made a tough experience much easier than expected. They are professional and courteous, and everything went smoothly. The total knee replacement went as expected, and the recovery has been faster than expected. Excellent job, Dr. Mullen, and thank you so much!
Mesa, AZ |
The xray tech was terribly cold and callous about my pain.Dr. Mullen comes in the room, told me I have knock knees and that as I get older I'd experience problems and pain. He said I'm not a candidate for surgery, said good luck and started to walk out. I asked him about injections or anything to help with pain relief and he just said ask your pain clinic and he left. Never suggested an MRI or anything else. If this guy can't make money on you by cutting you opened you're not worth his time.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I was told by a family member that he was the best, and after meeting him and having my surgery I would have to agree. Great guy and even a better surgeon, he answered all of my questions and explained the procedure and recovery process very well. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic services.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Mullen, MD?
Are you Dr. Mullen?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

Visit Dr. Mullen

Dr. Mullen accepts 23 insurance carriers
  • Arizona Foundation
  • Banner Health
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • Golden Rule