Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 58

Dr. McCammon

Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Knoxville, TN and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine in 1987 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

Make an appointment

Dr. McCammon accepts

Dr. McCammon accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. McCammon's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. McCammon's Top Procedures and Conditions

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. McCammon treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 100% of his peers

Hypothyroidism

2.8

Dr. McCammon?
Dr. McCammon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD
After reading so many negative reviews, I was a little apprehensive about my appointment with Dr. McCammon this morning. I found him to be very friendly and polite. He spent quite a lot of time going over my medical records as I am a new patient. He meticulously explained my medical condition. I have to say he is one of the best doctors I have been to in my 70 years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD?
I felt attacked from the moment he walked into the room. He called me a lair in less than 2 minutes of having met me. He refused to listen to anything I tried to say, talked over me after he asked a question, and repeatedly told me I was lying about my medical condition. He refused to listen to my husband who also tried to correct his misunderstanding, but he talked over him as well. Don't waste your time unless you like being insulted by the person you've gone to for help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD?
His bedside manner and attitude toward patient research is abrupt and condescending. When I explained (after several phone calls with his nurse) about a negative reaction to medication he had prescribed me, and the fact that I stopped taking it due to this bad reaction, his attitude was extremely negative before he would begin to find a different treatment, like he didn't believe me about the reaction I was having. I am an adult trying my best to manage my illness. I dislike going to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD?
Primary Dr set me up with this office due to labs showing hyperthyroidism. After reading these negative reviews, I was nervous about how my experience would be. These negative reviews couldnt be further from the truth. The Dr explained everything and took his time with me. I am pleased with my experience and patient care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD?
I went to Dr.McCammon during my lunch break and after two hours I inquired about the delay to the receptionist. She said Dr. McCammon was in surgery for an unknown amount of time. I asked to reschedule for a later date. When I came back for the next appointment he began to berate me and said I did not show up for the appointment and refused to see me. I received a phone call from my primary care doctor and he told her I didn’t show up for appoint. STAY AWAY! He’s a liar and a nut!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD?
You have to prepay part of the visit every time, which I am insulted by. You have to get blood taken and then 1 hour and 45 minutes later you have your appointment with the doctor. This is extremely inconvenient, but now they require you to be in the waiting room 1/2 an hour prior to the appointment. I like Dr. McCammon, but the experience has become too inconvenient for me. I’ll go back to my GP for treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD?
I am established patient with Dr. McCammon and I had an ultrasound on my thyroid which revealed several abnormalities. He refused to see me saying that I didn't need the help of a specialist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD?
Been a patient I his since 1992,he is a great doctor takes time to answer all your questions and explains everything in detail has great bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD?
I see some negative comment on Dr McCammon. I took my husband to him and he was great. Got us in right away. Listened to us. Worked with us on a plan. He was a very difficult patient as far as his diabetes goes and we are very pleased with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD?
My visit with Dr. McCammon gets laughed at by other doctors when I retell the conversation. He was a truly, truly terrible person to arrive in the hands of requiring medical assistance. He seemed to have multiple strong opinions that disagree with common medical knowledge. In the end, he missed all of my symptoms and I spent multiple years prior to appropriate diagnosis. Avoid this rude and very poor doctor at all costs. Especially if you have a serious problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD?
Worst experience of my life. I came for a recheck for some benign nodules on my thyroid, it had been 4-5 years. I had never seen this MD before. I have been having cont'd loss of hair, dry skin, etc and just trying to eliminate that my thyroid or any other endocrinology-related cause. From the get go, he was horribly rude and patronizing. He barely had been in the room before he began his crusade to tear me down for coming in for a recheck and I was told he was a Christian. Like the twiligh zone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD?
very opinionated. actually became upset with me for researching information about my condition on the internet. I'm 40 year old male, recent testosterone 112, and displaying symptoms of low T, yet he refused to treat me saying I was within the 100-1500 range for a male. I provided evidence from the endocrinology guidelines that contradicted his decision, yet he still refused, and would not accept my transfer form to switch doctors. This has had a huge negative impact on my life and marriage.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel McCammon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McCammon?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. McCammon treats patients.