Dr. Daniel Lu, MD

Dr. Daniel Lu, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Daniel Lu, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Santa Monica, CA. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 14 years.

1131 Wilshire Blvd Ste 100

Santa Monica, CA 90401

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Lu

See how frequently Dr. Lu performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
Spine Disorders
Cervical Spine Myelopathy

Dr. Lu's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Lu does not have any board certifications listed.

• Bone Cancer
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Neurostimulation
  • Paracentesis
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of California, San Diego, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003

Dr. Lu has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lu has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lu to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Lu's Performance
Los Angeles, CA |
Horrible, no bedside manners, questions ur previous dr's and ur intregity! Very egotistical!!! Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY!! He will spend no more than 10 minutes with you as apparently that's his allotted time with patients as he told me! Staff on the other hand was excellent!
in Santa Monica CA |
Dr. Lu is personable, professional, knowledgeable and straight forward. He took time to explain my condition and treatment options. My surgery lasted 75 min. I spent 1hr in recovery then walked out of the hospital into a waiting car. My relief from back & leg pain was immediate. I am now 3 months out of surgery, back at the gym regularly, my demeanor and posture have improved. I have not taken a pill for pain since the day after surgery. REMARKABLE!
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Daniel Lu cured my two plus years of spinal problem with a 90 minutes outpatient surgery at UCLA Spinal Center. Once surgery is over, I got up and walked out of the surgical suite. It was so uneventful and easy to go through that I would not even realized I just had a delicate surgery if it were not for the Band-Aid like dressing on my lower back as a reminder. I had neurogenic claudication from complete blockage of my spinal canal at L4-L5. I am convinced Dr. Lu is the best LA neurosurgeon.
Thousand Oaks, CA |
Dr. Lu is an amazing surgeon. My back pain was very bad prior to my microdiscectomy. There is a huge difference in my pain level post surgery.
Santa Monica, CA |
Dr. Lu and his team were amazing. They performed a discectomy to address a herniation in my L4 that was causing left leg pain and weakness that had me off my feet for 6 weeks. I could not walk without crutches. The procedure was minimally invasive which enabled a nearly pain free recovery. The moment I woke up my leg pain was gone in my left leg. The incision pain was gone in 48 hours. If any of this sounds familiar I highly recommend talking with Dr. Lu and his team!
in Los Angeles, CA |
This was my second back surgery with Dr. Lu. Without exception, Dr. Lu is one of the most professional and skilled doctors in the UCLA system. I highly recommend him and his staff for minor or critical back surgery.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Lu is an outstanding surgeon with a calm and competent manner. He takes the time to listen and advise, making me feel comfortable in his diagnosis and prognosis.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr Lu is simply great. From the first time I meet him I knew I was in good hands. The procedure went perfect and I am now back pain free. I highly recomend
in Santa Monica, CA |
Dr. Lu's lumbar laminectomy on Nov 16 was a total and miraculous success. After 60 days I feel fully recovered. The pain is gone. I have full mobility back. I have my life back. This is an incredible gift at any age but especially at 74. I am most grateful to Dr Lu, his medical staff, his office staff and UCLA ORTHOPEDIC Hospital.
in MARINA DEL REY, CA |
HAD A WONDEFUL OPERATION THAT HAS MADE ME MUCH MUCH BETTER
in Kingman AZ |
My first surgery was a Bilateral Laminectomy in 2013 that was totally successful. This time I have an ALIF spinal fusion L4/5 in February 2016. All my symptoms disappeared after the surgery; no tingling, numbness, sciatica, etc. Dr Lu's staff is very professional and compassionate. Since I live out of state it was very easy to communicate by email with his staff, especially his personal assistant Naomi. All Dr's offices need a Naomi!!!! I would differently recommend Dr Lu!!!
in Glendora, CA |
Dr. Lu and his residents, fellows, and staff were very professional and knowledgeable. I was given the confidence that my tumor would be easily removed and was the reason for all my problems over the past 2+ years. I am so grateful for Dr. Lu. He is the reason I'm still able to walk.
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Lu, MD?
Are you Dr. Lu?