Dr. Daniel Lee, MD

Dr. Daniel Lee, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Daniel Lee, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Lee is affiliated with Sunrise Children’s Hospital, University Medical Center of Southern Nevada, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center and MountainView Hospital.

Desert Orthopaedic Center

2800 E Desert Inn Rd Ste 100

Las Vegas, NV 89121

• Affiliated Health Funds
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Boon-Chapman
  • Culinary Health Fund
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Lee

When it comes to providing quality comprehensive orthopedic care, our Board Certified and Board Eligible Orthopedic Surgeons are setting the standards in Southern Nevada. We are committed to excellence by pledging to provide the highest quality of orthopedic care possible. Whether it is the treatment of immediate, chronic, pediatric, or work-related injuries, we strive to provide optimal health care until our patients complete their journeys back to good health.

Dr. Lee's Experience

Dr. Lee's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Broken Neck
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Head and Neck Conditions
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Lower Back Injuries
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Injuries
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Sever's Disease
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Sternum Fracture

• Foot and Ankle DislocationTreatment, Open
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Stanford University
  • Lenox Hill Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Johns Hopkins Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Lee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lee to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Lee's Performance
in Las Vegas, NV |
I loved the staff they took very good care of me while I was in their office and they are very professional
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Lee was very nice and asked many questions. He gave me a plan to start with an MRI and set up an appointment for pain management. So far I am satisfied with Dr. Lee and the entire staff.
Henderson, NV |
It is comforting to find a medical practitioner who listens, respects his patient, and exhibits confidence because of his education, training and experience. He is not a 'hot dog' willing to experiment on the patient with unproven procedures; rather, wisely cautious to work through levels of care that will help ease the problems without possibly creating even more issues. I would recommend Dr. Daniel Lee without reservation. Recommendation: place bench on wall at check out-too hard to stand.
As a doctor myself, I trust Dr. Lee and appreciate his attentive care in my spinal condition.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Was very nice and friendly explain everything about my treatment and that I also needed another treatment very helpful information
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Lee is very understanding, astute and thorough in his explanations of problems and treatment.. He diagnosed my issues and immediately had injections administered, ordered an MRI, prescribed physical therapy and recommended pain management therapy with his colleague, Dr. Andrew Kim. The staff at Desert Orthopedic was excellent, kind and very professional. I didn't expect treatment on the very first visit to Dr. Lee, but I am grateful that he provided me with some relief from my pain.
Las Vegas, NV |
This was my first visit to Dr. Lee, and I was hoping to find a doctor here in Las Vegas who would take the time to understand my situation after already having numerous surgeries and also being a on the job injury from 2005. Dr. Lee was very professional and seemed to in a short time, understand why I had come to see him for his evaluation of my back issues. I look forward to seeing hi again. I had also heard very good reviews of his skills and successes from numerous people.
in Nevada |
I am very impressed with Dr. Lee he took the time to review my X-rays and MRI with me. Even though he is a surgeon his reaction, based on the films, was that I really I didn't need surgery and he took the time to explain why. He and his staff were amazingly thorough and kind.
Las Vegas, NV |
With degenerative disc disease, I have had several spine and neck surgeries in the past. When I moved to Nevada, I needed to find an orthopedic surgeon who is willing to stick with me for years. I found the perfect surgeon in Dr. Daniel D. Lee. My most recent surgery, the first done by Dr. Lee, revised a previous surgery and fixed two more failed discs. I can now feel my feet for the first time in 7 years. He is a cutting edge surgeon who will make you feel like family. Go nowhere else!
in Las Vegas, NV |
Doctor Lee saved my husband from living a life at home in continual pain. He had tried every procedure available to ease his pain. This was not limited to just injections, nerve burning, medications but also a spinal cord implant. Doctor Lee after many tests and evaluations recommended surgery. Doctor Lee and his team are wonderful. After only 2 months my husband is almost pain free and is now beginning to live life again. Thank you Doctor Lee!!!!
Henderson NV |
The Best Doctor !!! I Go and see him for my hip and femur ,Always helps me ,never rush u out , always takes his time to explain U and make Sure U ar fine , thanks Dr Lee & Staff
in NV |
Prompt, efficient, answers questions.
in Las Vegas Nv |
Dr Lee was great he made me feel comfortable and explained my condition in detail. He took his time and answered all my questions. Also the staff is very professional and friendly.. When Dr Lee walked in the exam room with a big smile when he introduced himself was the best feeling of comfort knowing I was in good hands..
in Henderson, NV |
Dr Lee has been my Dr for over three years. He has been a man of his word and willing to go the extra step every time I see him. He's kind and honest and explains everything. I was blessed to have had the opportunity to meet him and gave him be my Dr. He not only gave me my life back but my family's as well.. I cannot ever explain enough how professional and thourough he is.
in Pahrump,Nevada |
Doctor Lee is the best!
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Lee did successful C-Spine surgery on me a year ago. He takes time to explain the procedures and the risks involved thoroughly. He has a wonderful personality to go along with his excellent skills. I never thought that I would come through the procedure at my age so well. He only recommends and does what he thinks needs to be done. He is not a cowboy type of surgeon who just wants to do more and take risks. I definitely recommend Dr. Lee as he will only do what is necessary.
in Las Vegas, NV |
My experience with Dr Lee is something short of a miracle. I'm a very active individual and I was losing my mobility in everything that I enjoyed. Tennis, hiking, swimming, and my job as fitness instructor and personal trainer. My career has been for 47 yrs and I wasn't really ready to hang it up. I went back to work in 3 mos. and at 4 mos ready to start some light tennis. My last visit to see Dr. Lee he said to me " go and live your life!" And so I will. Thank you so much Dr Lee.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Lee took the time to explain all the details of my surgery to my wife and I and put us at ease. His staff is very professional and genuinely cares about how I feel. Never feeling rushed Dr.Lee continues to take the time to help me thru this recovery period after my surgery. After seeing several other Doctors and not getting the proper care or attention to my surgery needs , I am very happy and would recommend Dr. Lee to anyone considering back surgery.
in Henderson, NV |
Absolutely the most professional and honest Dr. I have met. Takes time and listens as well as really cares about his patients. Very real and does a great job explaining everything that involves you.
in Henderson, NV |
I am so glad I was referred to Dr. Lee ! After have many consultations with Spine Surgeons over the past few years, Dr. Lee explained what needed to be done clearly, explaining why. I researched his background, education and experience feeling that he he was the right Dr. for my surgery. Dr. Lee prepared me for my back surgery thoroughly! Explaining the events, what I needed to do to prepare and took personal interest in my surgery and recovery. His team is wonderful!!!
He's in for himself !
in Henderson NV |
Dr. Lee is my hero. I had a 3 disc spinal fusion on November 2, 2016. I am so grateful I chose Dr. Lee. He did an incredible job. The pain I had shooting down my legs gone. I can walk without crying. Dr. Lee gave me my life back. It's been a little less than 4 months. I still have a little nerve damage in my legs in the places he told me it would happen. But the uncomfortable feelings I have are nothing compared to my pain before surgery. I am grateful to Dr. Daniel Lee for saving me.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Lee treated me the same way. He came in to the exam room, and within 4 to 5 mins he rushed out. I reviewed the report he wrote about the visit; in it he stated that he did a physical examination. He NEVER examined me. LOUSY DOCTOR!
in Las Vegas, NV |
After over two years of trying everything from physical therapy, pain management, chiropractics, and medications, I chose to have back surgery. Dr. Lee was the perfect choice for me. He performed a perfect surgery and I am now pain free. It has been 5 months since I had the surgery and am still pain free, even in this cold weather. His confidence, bedside manner, staff, and expertise are above the rest. He tries to talk you out of surgery first. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Las Vegas, NV |
After 10 years waiting for Workers Comp to fix a problem they promised to fix. Over 20 doctors that reviewed my case and suggested everything from message therapy, chiropractic adjustment to over 10 spinal injections to relieve the pain. 10 years of drug therapy from aspirin to morphine, it was Dr. Lee that finally asked me what it was I wanted and suggested surgery as the very last option . Dr. Lee gave me back my life and a drug free prison I was in. Thank you Sir, Thank you.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Lee is the only doctor that I have ever completely trusted. He genuinely cares about his patients and does everything he can for them. If you have a question he takes the time to answer it. I've seen many doctors, but none are as professional, knowledgeable, and caring as him. His staff is also amazing.
Henderson, NV |
Saw dr. Lee at NOSC. Didn't like the way the office ran but Dr. Lee was amazing. He performed 2 level fusion on my husband which was very complex due to his anatomy and severity of his nerve impingement. His result was great and he is atleast 80 plus % better and can finally lead a more normal life with much less pain. He was meticulous and gave us realistic expectations. Couldn't be happier with his performance and the result!
in Boulder City, Nevada |
I was referred to Dr Daniel Lee from my pain management (Dr.Andrew Kim) and I have been very impressed with my result. Dr Lee has preformed back fusion surgery and I am 10 days out and I am already walking quarter of a mile. (I have not been able to walk in years) I am very impressed with Dr. Lee, he tells you the way it is. While in the hospital, his bed side manners are exceptional, he was there for me every day. Thank you Dr Kim, Margaret
in Las Vegas, NV |
The visit to him was a complete and utter disappointment. He walked in with his team and immediately said, so "everything looks great from what he could see".....then he looks at the Mri and says oh wow, u have a large herniation at c5-6, so blasé and matter of fact, no care, no feeling no sense of confidence in him.....move on from him, he was pathetic, uncaring and cold. DO NOT USE THIS DR IF U CARE ABOUT YOURSELF, HE OBVIOUSLY COULD CARE LESS AND JUST IS IN IT FOR MONEY...shame on u doc
in Las Vegas, NV |
I commend Dr. Lee and all involved in my care while a patient of D.O.C. Dr. Lee is an honorable, caring, knowledgeable and comforting surgeon. I won't go into surgery specifics however I did have a successful back surgery by Dr. Lee and his team. I am still in need of additional procedures as my problems are multiple. I can't emphasize how wonderful the Valley Hospital staff is with such a clean and updated facility! Everyone I came in contact with treated me with the utmost CARE! Joseph Tripi
in pahrump nv. |
Dr. Daniel lee performed my back surgery on March 26. 2016. He and his team are fantastic! He fused my spine and I am now out of that awful pain that I had suffered with for years. Thank you so much dr. Daniel lee for everything you did for me. Sincerely cynthia hawkins
Las vegas, nevada |
Rude and arrogant. Was not interested in anything I had to say
Very easy to talk to. Straightforward. Did a very good job, things went exactly as he described.
in Las Vegas, NV |
October of 2015 Dr. Lee performed a very serious lower spine operation which was the fusing of my vertebra. The before x-rays you could see the vertebra (I think it was the L4 or L5) tilting downwards at about 20 degrees. It was putting pressure on the nerves and I was limping on my left leg. Just to walk to the mailbox was a chore. At age 60 I was scared that the rest of my life was going to be spent this way and most likely it was going to get worse. After the operation I was amazed. Within
in Las Vegas, NV |
I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis that continued to worsen over time and I could barely move without a walker. I had been reluctant to have major surgery being 80 years old but the pain became so bad and no alternative treatments could help my situation. After meeting with Dr. Lee, I felt very confident in moving forward with the surgery. He is truly an expert surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone who needs spine surgery. I am grateful for the pain free life he has given me!
Have you seen Dr. Daniel Lee, MD?
Are you Dr. Lee?

Visit Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee accepts 21 insurance carriers
  • Affiliated Health Funds
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada POS
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Federal Employee Program